Clare Daly after breathalyser: I had a hot whiskey for cold

Started by muppet, January 29, 2013, 08:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

this is a pity because claire was doing her best to expose the sliveens who were getting their mates in the guards to ruin genuine cases against crooked public figures who been caught breaking the law.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on January 29, 2013, 10:16:35 PM
this is a pity because claire was doing her best to expose the sliveens who were getting their mates in the guards to ruin genuine cases against crooked public figures who been caught breaking the law.

Can you show a source for this?
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

QuoteI didn't think you could refuse to be breathalysed.

She probably wasn't very drunk. Heading back to the station to give a sample would delay things a bit and might make just get you back under the limit or in a lower category.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lawnseed

Quote from: muppet on January 29, 2013, 10:18:53 PM

claire and boyd barret tried to raise it in the dail but were ruled out of order. they have stats and names of those involved

macdanger2

crooked public figures

Mick Wallace anyone?? Her credibility evaporated when she took up with that clown.

Sounds like they must be waiting for results of a blood / urine test unless it is just something to blacken her.

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on January 29, 2013, 10:27:35 PM

claire and boyd barret tried to raise it in the dail but were ruled out of order. they have stats and names of those involved

So no is the answer.
MWWSI 2017

BEASTY

Quote from: Itchy on January 29, 2013, 09:31:17 PM
Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on January 29, 2013, 09:28:13 PM
I can't stand Clare Daly but there's some funny business going on here.

Insofar as I know, when the guards stop you and you blow into the bag, they can charge you there and then. This story says they're waiting on the results. Now I don't know one way or the other but I would guess that she passed the breathalyser but the guards leaked the story anyway because they're not happy about Clare Daly shopping them for sorting people out over traffic offenses. So she won't be charged but the smell will linger.

It's a long road that has no turning. Normally I'd have an awful lot of sympathy if someone were set up in the completely hypothetical situation I've outlined above, which I don't posit for a minute is a true reflection of events, but merely one of numerous possible scenarios with varying levels of probability. But if Daly has been set up, it's hard to feel sorry for her.

I thought you were brought back to the station for a further test? Papers said this morning she refused to be breathalysed

I have watched enough police camera action to know you can refuse, but it obviously means you are just marked down as guilty, the thing is how pissed you actually are can then not be measured.

I would take a wild stab that the reason the wrong turn is an issue is she probably tried to avoid the police and turned and they subsequently nabbed her, asked where she was headed and she then would need to say woops, wrong turn, of course I have a vivid imagination.

lawnseed

Quote from: muppet on January 29, 2013, 10:59:42 PM

So no is the answer.
it was on the rte news. pretend i'm a fine gael td.. now do you believe me

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on January 29, 2013, 11:06:26 PM

So no is the answer.

It is not a question of believing you, why don't you simply provide some evidence? Then we can make up our own minds and might even agree with you.
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: muppet on January 29, 2013, 11:09:17 PM

So no is the answer.

It is not a question of believing you, why don't you simply provide some evidence? Then we can make up our own minds and might even agree with you.
who is "we" you and your alias' if you cant find the time to watch the goings on in the dail when its on tv are you sure you shouldnt stick to the weather thread theres alot more wriggle room there

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on January 29, 2013, 11:16:08 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 29, 2013, 11:09:17 PM

So no is the answer.

who is "we" you and your alias' if you cant find the time to watch the goings on in the dail when its on tv are you sure you shouldnt stick to the weather thread theres alot more wriggle room there

You see, this gives the game away.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0129/365174-clare-daly-gardai/

Independent TD Clare Daly has confirmed she was stopped by gardaí on suspicion of drink driving last night.

Deputy Daly told RTÉ news that she accepted full responsibility for her actions.

She said she was in an area of South Dublin that she was unfamiliar with and took an illegal turn.

The Deputy said that she was stopped by gardaí on foot of that and was breathalysed and then brought to Kilmainham Garda Station.
She said: "I had been with family and had been given a hot whiskey for a cold.

"If that brought me over the limit then that's obviously a very serious mistake on my part and one that I take full responsibility for," Ms Daly said.

"I am a little bit surprised that Garda authorities released this information without any charges being brought or any confirmation of me being over the limit," Ms Daly added.

In relation to her recent criticism of authorities quashing penalty points, Ms Daly said the point she was making was that people who violate road safety regulations should be treated in a transparent way and exposed to the full rigours of the law.

"That is something that should absolutely happen in my case if I'm found guilty of any offence the same as it would for every other citizen," Ms Daly added.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

As far as I understand it, the breathalyser is not a definitive test, just an indicator. If you show up positive on the bag you have to go to the station to get a proper, quantitatively measurable blood or urine test. Daly was on the 9:00 news and said she was taken to the station and tested and is awaiting the result. She also stated she was surprised this story has reached the public domain, as, until she tests positive, she's not guilty of anything. She has a point and the guards involved in politically motivated leaking should be dealt with.

macdanger2

It's still a story though - bound to happen when you're in the public eye.

armaghniac

QuoteIf you show up positive on the bag you have to go to the station to get a proper, quantitatively measurable blood or urine test.

Do they not also have evidential calibrated breathalsyers in the station? The ones in the car are a guideline only
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B