Clare Daly after breathalyser: I had a hot whiskey for cold

Started by muppet, January 29, 2013, 08:34:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMDrive

lawnseed

Quote from: muppet on January 30, 2013, 04:06:58 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on January 30, 2013, 10:41:35 AM
Let he who has not sat behind the wheel after one drink cast the first (or twenty-fifth) stone!

The problem here is that it is Clare Daly who started the campaign insisting that all road traffic offences be prosecuted. Of course she had a point, but herself, Ming & Mick blew it out of all proportion (see Ming on VB last night claiming the Gárda Síochána is a corrupt force). I notice her press release doesn't demand her prosecution for the illegal turn which she has admitted to.

what? ??? the problem with clare is that she highlighted the corruption in the legal system where guards removed penalty points from people licences who were friends or family members or people that they considered important or influencial. this practice completely undermines  confidence in the forces of law and order and makes a mockery of the points system which is supposeed to promote road safety. clare used dail previledge to name a judge who had availed of this sick practice the establishment dont like it when you shine a light on them. 
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on January 30, 2013, 09:39:30 PM
Let he who has not sat behind the wheel after one drink cast the first (or twenty-fifth) stone!

The problem here is that it is Clare Daly who started the campaign insisting that all road traffic offences be prosecuted. Of course she had a point, but herself, Ming & Mick blew it out of all proportion (see Ming on VB last night claiming the Gárda Síochána is a corrupt force). I notice her press release doesn't demand her prosecution for the illegal turn which she has admitted to.

what? ??? the problem with clare is that she highlighted the corruption in the legal system where guards removed penalty points from people licences who were friends or family members or people that they considered important or influencial. this practice completely undermines  confidence in the forces of law and order and makes a mockery of the points system which is supposeed to promote road safety. clare used dail previledge to name a judge who had availed of this sick practice the establishment dont like it when you shine a light on them.

Are you sure you are Irish?
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: muppet on January 30, 2013, 09:42:50 PM

your question puzzles me and reminds me of documents found on german wwII pilots where they are given instruction on what to expect should they be shot down over ireland. they are told the the irish women are basically good but the men are the lowest scum on the planet and not to be trusted. sometimes i'm very proud of where i'm from but then you hear about this type of shite and throw in a wee bit of clerical abuse, wee bit of cronyism, wee bit of fraud, wee bit of horsemeat.. and on and on and youve a recipe for the skitter

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on January 30, 2013, 10:10:31 PM

your question puzzles me and reminds me of documents found on german wwII pilots where they are given instruction on what to expect should they be shot down over ireland. they are told the the irish women are basically good but the men are the lowest scum on the planet and not to be trusted. sometimes i'm very proud of where i'm from but then you hear about this type of shite and throw in a wee bit of clerical abuse, wee bit of cronyism, wee bit of fraud, wee bit of horsemeat.. and on and on and youve a recipe for the skitter

This is an interesting subject. I knew a son of one of those men.

Here is a discussion on it: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11437

Even if your 'documents' existed (no source from you - as usual), which I seriously doubt, the Germans of WW2 were hardly the most objective in the assessment of their fellow Europeans, were they?
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: muppet on January 30, 2013, 10:23:58 PM

This is an interesting subject. I knew a son of one of those men.

Here is a discussion on it: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11437

Even if your 'documents' existed (no source from you - as usual), which I seriously doubt, the Germans of WW2 were hardly the most objective in the assessment of their fellow Europeans, were they?
oh i dont know.. maybe the germans are still working with those documents.. when you look at what they have been dealing with fine gael.. fianna fail..

Tubberman

And if there's any crowd we should take notice of, it's the Nazis....
You're not proud of being Irish. Maybe you're proud of being Northern Irish, I don't know. But you spend your time here constantly telling anyone who'll read your posts how much you detest everything about the Republic of Ireland.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

lawnseed

Quote from: Tubberman on January 30, 2013, 10:44:38 PM

You're not proud of being Irish. Maybe you're proud of being Northern Irish, I don't know. But you spend your time here constantly telling anyone who'll read your posts how much you detest everything about the Republic of Ireland.
maybe you've been asleep for a wee while but the last time i checked the traitors guys like you elected have completely destroyed the country you live in. just incase you just come out of a coma the very people who plunged our country into 3 generations of poverty are gaining in the polls -- weekly! and on the off chance you haven't notice the guys that you voted for have made such a mess of the country that people north of the border whos birthright it is to be irish and be part of a united ireland DONT WANT IT!  arent you the least bit ashamed that your countrymen would rather be governed by the british queen than an irish government?

muppet

In fairness to Lawnseed, he has a chip on his shoulder that is visible from space.
MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

Quote from: muppet on January 30, 2013, 11:02:22 PM
In fairness to Lawnseed, he has a chip on his shoulder that is visible from space.
spacemen can see that ireland has serious problems running their own country

Tubberman

Quote from: lawnseed on January 30, 2013, 10:59:13 PM

maybe you've been asleep for a wee while but the last time i checked the traitors guys like you elected have completely destroyed the country you live in. just incase you just come out of a coma the very people who plunged our country into 3 generations of poverty are gaining in the polls -- weekly! and on the off chance you haven't notice the guys that you voted for have made such a mess of the country that people north of the border whos birthright it is to be irish and be part of a united ireland DONT WANT IT!  arent you the least bit ashamed that your countrymen would rather be governed by the british queen than an irish government?

If that's to anyone's shame, it's yours, not mine.
To use your sensationalist language, you and your fellow Northern Irishmen would be the traitors for opting of the public-service fuelled economy and handouts by staying in Britain, rather than being in control of your own country and having the responsibility of governance.
Your people, and SF, your party, have never had the responsibility of running a country. You just mouth off (or shoot and bomb off) from the side. Backward, dysfunctional and immature.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

lawnseed

Quote from: Tubberman on January 30, 2013, 11:08:55 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on January 30, 2013, 10:59:13 PM

If that's to anyone's shame, it's yours, not mine.
To use your sensationalist language, you and your fellow Northern Irishmen would be the traitors for opting of the public-service fuelled economy and handouts by staying in Britain, rather than being in control of your own country and having the responsibility of governance.
Your people, and SF, your party, have never had the responsibility of running a country. You just mouth off (or shoot and bomb off) from the side. Backward, dysfunctional and immature.
i'm thinking when we take over we should introduce internment for guys like you in the interests of health and safety. its for your own good. free healthcare and grub you'll be happy and free from the realisation that ireland has been run by crooks for nearly a hundred years and you voted them in.
btw did you vote for fianna gael or fine fail it hardly matters they are the same but you should come clean

NetNitrate

If she turned the wrong way, surely the guards should just have asked "did you not see the arrows?" And if after that "house measure" she replied truth be told she didn't even see the Indians, then as in similar instances in the past, let her go.

magpie seanie

To be honest I don't see the alleged "hypocrisy" of Claire Daly's postion about traffic offenses being quashed and getting stopped for being over the limit. Surely it would only be hypocrisy if she thought she should get off?

A fair chance she could pass the urine test which will be fun if it happens.

ludermor

Do normal guards on the beat carry around Breathalyzers? Did she take the wrong turn to avoid a checkpoint?  Im pretty sure she would have had to go to the station for the 'proper' test which should have given plenty of time for a single measure to be under the limit ( unless it was a huge house measure!!!)