Maigh Eo v Ciarrai NFL Div 1 Caislean an Bharraigh Sun 3rd Feb 2pm

Started by macdanger2, January 29, 2013, 12:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Black Mamba

Was just wondering why Barry Regan from Ballaghadereen doesn't seem to be even on the panel. I know he's about 29/30 but a free taker of his quality is an asset to any team not to mention he's good from open play as well. I was very impressed from what I seen of him in last years club championship. Seeing as though Kerry are without the Dr. Crokes contingent and Mayo are at home I'll go for a narrow win for our noisy neighbours.

omagh_gael

Jaysus lads, I'd have thought you Mayo buckeens would have this thread in double numbers by now?? All quiet out whest.

sans pessimism

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 01, 2013, 08:40:11 PM
Jaysus lads, I'd have thought you Mayo buckeens would have this thread in double numbers by now?? All quiet out whest.
nordie bys cloggin it up ;)
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

Farrandeelin

I don't know what it is. Maybe the AI hangover is still in the systems. Also we had an unconvincing FBD league and we all expected Kerry to win seen as they were scoring for fun in their McGrath Cup. Now, with their team, things are kind of looking up, but there are rumours that Caff and Keith Higgins are injured. So hopefully they'll be just rumours and both will be ready and rearin' to go. Maybe if the Mayo team was named we could be talking a biteen more!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

No fear of Kerry anymore, should be a handy one for us  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

rrhf

omagh_gael

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 01, 2013, 10:01:00 PM

Careful now, those Kerry hoors get fierce touchy if you have the temerity to beat them regularly ;)

maigheo

Mayo team announced.Good to see Cathal Freeman getting a chance.He was a brilliant minor and I always thought he would have made a very good senior player but I suppose injuries have curtailed his progress.Intersting to see that Horan has persisted with Feeny and Keegan in the half forward line but come championship  Iwould  expect Keegan to revert to H.B  and Feeny staying in the half forward line.

Sam2011

The Mayo Senior Football team has been announced for their opening game in the Allianz Football League this coming Sunday 3rd February at 2.00p.m. in Elverys MacHale Park against Kerry. The team shows one debutante with Cathal Freeman from Aghamore making his senior team debut at wing-forward. Ger Cafferkey has shrugged off a minor muscle injury and is named at full-back. The team also shows Lee Keegan & Richie Feeney move from their customary half-back positions to the half-forward line with Kevin McLoughlin been named in the full-forward line. Alan Dillon has failed to shrug off a small muscle injury while Cillian O'Connor is still recovering from a shoulder injury received last October. The Mayo Senior Football team will line out as follows:

1)  David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites (Capt.)
2)  Shane McHale - Knockmore
3)  Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
4)  Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
5)  Tom Cunniffe - Castlebar Mitchels
6)  Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
7)  Chris Barrett - Belmullet
8 )  Aidan O'Shea - Breaffy
9)  Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy
10) Lee Keegan - Westport
11) Richie Feeney - Castlebar Mitchels
12) Cathal Freeman - Aghamore
13) Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
14) Jason Doherty - Burrishoole
15) Michael Conroy - Davitts

Interesting team selection. Nice to see Cathal Freeman finally getting his chance at senior level. I'd say McLoughlin will move out to the half forward line leaving space for Doherty and Conroy to get goals.

catchandkick

Quote from: Sam2011 on February 02, 2013, 12:02:34 AM

Have these boys ever played in the forwards in their lives?

Crazy stuff. Modern management eh?

Makes it easier for a weak Kerry half back line when they are marking Mayo half backs.

Syferus

Quote from: catchandkick on February 02, 2013, 02:37:38 AM

Makes it easier for a weak Kerry half back line when they are marking Mayo half backs.

You do understand the concept of sweepers, right!?

Naming two half-backs and half-forwards is invariably about strengthening defense at the expense of offense. Most of the time those Kerry half-backs will be stuck either in no-man's land or drawn way out of position themselves.

Have to say Feeney has impressed me most every time I seen him in the last year and for the most part he's looked a very natural half-forward. He's certainly played there before and both players were being played in those positions in the FBD so it should come as no shock to anyone.

Mayo Mick

If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 01, 2013, 10:25:38 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on February 01, 2013, 10:01:00 PM

Careful now, those Kerry hoors get fierce touchy if you have the temerity to beat them regularly ;)

So do those Tyrone lads  ;)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mayo Mick on February 02, 2013, 09:10:16 AM
Should win this one if we are going anywhere. 5+ points.

Ah, careful now! Down with that sort of thing. This is not a run out against a Division 3/4 side. This is Kerry. A new looking Kerry, but still Kerry. Great to see Winter over the Cobwebs getting rubbed off and a chance to look at new players, new formations and players in new positions. Looking forward to seeing Keegan getting a fairly major teat in his new position. Hate to see him move from the backs where he has been a revelation. But Horan has allot of options in that area, where as the forward line needs a bit of tweaking. It may work, it may not, but now's the time to try it out. with the four home games, there is a great chance of making the semi's of this competition. I've always thought that in terms of fairness there should be 3 home and 3 away games for each team with the odd game being switched to a neutral venue and being a double header.

catchandkick

Quote from: Syferus on February 02, 2013, 04:54:32 AM
Quote from: catchandkick on February 02, 2013, 02:37:38 AM

You do understand the concept of sweepers, right!?

Naming two half-backs and half-forwards is invariably about strengthening defense at the expense of offense.

Mayo do not have a marquee forward in the class of an O'Neill, Cooper or Bernard Brogan.

Playing with four recognised forwards instead of six and further reducing your scoring threat seems like shooting yourself in the foot somewhat.