The Photograph Thread - Own Works Only! [900 pixels longest side]

Started by Syferus, January 28, 2013, 01:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: Myles Na G. on January 28, 2013, 09:07:53 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 28, 2013, 01:59:31 PM
Who is this Dermot C Devlin fella Ziggy is stealing photos from?

I also like the rusty bolt.
Good name for a bar.  :)

Devlin............for defs a Tyrone man ;) ;) ;) ;)

laoislad

Quote from: Santino on January 28, 2013, 09:06:28 PM
Thanks for the advice Ziggy and laoislad. Only getting started but could become a regular hobby

I was always on about taking it up and I eventually took the plunge and bought a decent Dslr.
Don't get that much chance to get out with camera anymore but I love it when I get a day to myself and head off somewhere with camera and tripod.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

Quote from: laoislad on January 28, 2013, 09:16:27 PM
Quote from: Santino on January 28, 2013, 09:06:28 PM
Thanks for the advice Ziggy and laoislad. Only getting started but could become a regular hobby

I was always on about taking it up and I eventually took the plunge and bought a decent Dslr.
Don't get that much chance to get out with camera anymore but I love it when I get a day to myself and head off somewhere with camera and tripod.

I'm the same. Bought a bridging camera around the same time has LL got himself an dSLR. Loved it. About six months ago, I got myself a Nikon dSLR and it's the bee's knees. I'm looking for a macro lens at the moment, but I might hold off. The bridging camera has a macro function, so I'll keep it handy for now.
Testing Accessibility

Syferus

On that topic, a macro lens or a wide angle lens are the next pieces on my wishlist. One of my personal favourites is the photo below and it was took with an Olympus compact camera before I'd even considered shelling out for a DSLR. The macro range on it beats my normal lenses because it can focus very close to a subject.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: theticklemister on January 28, 2013, 07:36:51 PM
I meant the the second one but I could not get the words out for it!

In non low-light conditions you can force a longer exposure by using a 'neutral density filter' (NDF), which limits the light in a uniform manner entering the shutter, thereby causing the shutter to stay open for longer (tripod required too).

There are different ND values (2, 4, 8, etc.), with the higher the number then the darker the lens, and consequently the longer the exposure (and you can keep the camera on the auto exposure settings without having to mess around with manual values).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Syferus

This was our best attempt at disrupting the Sligo keeper in the second half:

Donie going off injured:

laoislad

Quote from: Syferus on February 04, 2013, 09:07:03 PM
This was our best attempt at disrupting the Sligo keeper in the second half:

Looks like a field for grazing cattle on rather than an inter county football pitch.

Syferus

Sure we have to make the most of the grazable land out Wesht - none of those vainty corn fields the royalties in the east deal in  ;)

Pitch was terrible and the mess we had with switching the game and then switching it back shows how worried we were about it. No games 'till early March at home so barring constant floods it should be better for the next outing.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

laoislad

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

David McKeown

Decided to take up photography last month so just starting out as previous to that I was the worlds worst photographer.  Have already gotten addicted to it out at sunrise at least once a week for a photo.  This is my best soo far which isnt saying much

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

theskull1

You need to get yourself a polariser and a tripod DK if you want to do landscapes. One exposure for the sky and one for the foreground, then blend (eg in Photoshop)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera