Down v Tyrone NFL Div 1 Newry Sat 2nd Feb 7pm

Started by Redhand Santa, January 27, 2013, 07:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 01, 2013, 10:21:05 PM

When did Gormley last have a decent game for Tyrone?

Conor is still one of our best defenders. Yeah he doesn't have a turn of pace but he makes up for it with his reading of the game, leadership and determination. One thing you can guarantee is that he'll be instilling fire in the belly of young lads coming through making sure they know what it takes to be the best.

Redhand Santa

Gormley was one of the few players who did ok down in Kerry last year despite playing out of position. Can still do a job for Tyrone.

theticklemister

Quote from: shawshank on February 01, 2013, 11:16:55 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on February 01, 2013, 09:34:47 PM
Quote from: The Worker on February 01, 2013, 09:18:55 PM
Is penrose injured or out of favour?

one of the best forwards in ulster.

You are surely joking me.

i usually joke as ye know; bit i honestly think so. His runs off the ball are excellent, his has great strength and has a fantastic eye for a score. He would be on my Ulster team no problem.

Redhand Santa

I have mixed feelings about Penrose. On the one hard he works very hard and gets involved plenty and gets in good positions. But he can be very wasteful and has started following more when tackling. He also has a habbit of playing the man and not the ball when going for it. If I was playing him it would be as a worker in the half forward line as opposed to a corner forward. I'd definitely like to look at other options during the league.

Mark Donnelly could also come under pressure in the forward line. Don't think he's creative enough for the centre half forward role and doesn't score enough in the full forward line. Both are still good options but would like to see other players challenge them.

theticklemister

Fuzzman

Did Conor "hold" Jamie Clarke scoreless (or maybe to a point) a few years ago in Omagh in the qualifiers?
I think at his age FB is probably his best position now. Remember the goal he got in Clones from FB v Armagh a few years ago.

theticklemister

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 02, 2013, 12:01:00 AM
Did Conor "hold" Jamie Clarke scoreless (or maybe to a point) a few years ago in Omagh in the qualifiers?
I think at his age FB is probably his best position now. Remember the goal he got in Clones from FB v Armagh a few years ago.

Now Gormley is one of the least likable Tyrone fellas  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fuzzman

Presume ye'll really miss Ricey this year Tickle? The last time he played in Newry he gifted Benny a goal. Interesting Down are playing him out on da wing where he might not be so well marshalled.

tyssam5

No posters at this game boys? Was to looking for a stream earlier but none I could find. Close finish it would seem.

omagh_gael

Good to get the win, took a while to get going. According to q101 there were a number of scuffles on the field, on the sidelines and in the stand at one point.

So frustrating listening to Paddy Hunter continually referring to Donnelly all through the game without letting the listener know if it was Mattie or Mark. Took him about 30 seconds to eventually inform us that it was Mark that got the goal!

Two points on the board and another tough trip awaits us in castlebar next weekend. Plenty to work on with too many wides posted tonight.

Beantown

Good win this eve. Clarke and Gormley very good in second half in my opinion.
In fairness the defence tightened up a lot in the second half.

Cassidy was usual joke referee... High tackles go unpunished , yet Sean Cav gets booked for trying to make the Down player get back the required distance for the 45!

Nice start to staying in Div 1.,

trileacman

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 02, 2013, 08:45:14 PM
Good to get the win, took a while to get going. According to q101 there were a number of scuffles on the field, on the sidelines and in the stand at one point.

So frustrating listening to Paddy Hunter continually referring to Donnelly all through the game without letting the listener know if it was Mattie or Mark. Took him about 30 seconds to eventually inform us that it was Mark that got the goal!

Two points on the board and another tough trip awaits us in castlebar next weekend. Plenty to work on with too many wides posted tonight.

Ditto. "And Donnelly gets the goal!" It was driving me mad.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

armaghniac

Quoteyet Sean Cav gets booked for trying to make the Down player get back the required distance for the 45!

Watching this on Setanta now. Cavanagh probably hard done by on this occasion.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B