Streaming of games

Started by ONeill, January 18, 2013, 11:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I admire the Destination Newry and Armagh GAA initiative. To see live games like that on the TV is a treat at this time of the year, especially for those who cannot make the games. Are there any other examples of live games being streamed on the net?

How are the Ulster Council taking this? I know there aren't that many who attend the games at this time of year but if this continues into the NFL I wonder will viewing rights (from HQ) etc come into play.

Is there anything to stop me streaming games?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ck

It's the way forward. There was a meeting on Tuesday to try and ensure that all Sigerson games are streamed live this year. Sigerson games would have a large passing interest but poor attendance due to timing of games and no dedicated affiliation to colleges. People at work could tune in, click on a game and watch some of it live. If games are on at same time it is proposed that we have a sky sports style ex players watching games giving updates. Major sponsor ready to back it.

Line Ball

I think that TG4 will have the broadcasting rights to the NFL and individual counties will not be able to show their own games.

Syferus

Which if true is a terible way to structure a contract because TG4 will only ever show D1 matches and the league finals. No reason the supporters shouldn't be allowed to see their own counties play just because they're not in the top tier.

We don't even need to get too fancy to start off, just the one fella with a camera and tripod. The GAA desperately need to develop an online live games/on-demand service on GAA. It would allow people all over the world see games for a reasonable price.

naka

o neill is right
was working late and couldnt get down to the marshes or whatever it is called and was surprised with the quality of the streaming of the game
well done all
Destination newry also streamed a few club games in the armagh championship and i was pleaseantly surprised at the number of guys abroad who tuned in to watch my club
each to a man/woman felt all the happier seeing the club jersey and guys they know well and brought them back home for the duration of the games.

DuffleKing

Significant difference between the quality of the DN streaming from the Armagh TV streaming for whatever reason

Throw ball

Quote from: DuffleKing on January 19, 2013, 01:42:58 PM

Significant difference between the quality of the DN streaming from the Armagh TV streaming for whatever reason

May be because DN are doing it for a living and more experienced. Armagh TV is all volunteers as far as I know and have only been going a short while.

cadence

posting links and a wee bit of advertising on here wouldn't go amiss whenever games are being streamed. would be greatly appreciated too.

armaghniac

QuoteSignificant difference between the quality of the DN streaming from the Armagh TV streaming for whatever reason

For me, the Armagh stream last week worked much better than the DN one on Wednesday.
It could depend on what ISP they use and how it is routed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Are those semis definitely on the Armagh channel?

TacadoirArdMhacha

No I don't think so. The Armagh forum moderator (who runs Armagh tv) suggested the final might be if its in the Athletic Grounds.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ONeill

I wonder what the UC would do if they went ahead anyway.

DuffleKing

Never give the athletic grounds another game again?

I guess its a mirror of the situation in October when DN were refused permission to stream the Armagh senior final

ardchieftain

Methinks it's time to leave the 9% belgian beer alone
i thought this thread was about screaming at matches
took me far too long to cop on
oiche mhaith