USFC - 2/6/27 - Derry v Down

Started by theticklemister, January 09, 2013, 05:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: theticklemister on July 01, 2013, 10:38:51 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 01, 2013, 10:36:27 AM
If I've read the qualifier rules right, the first team drawn out gets home advantage.

I know most of the comments are in hope rather than expectation, but can anyone explain why they think Derry would even consider giving up this advantage? It's not like they're going to sell out any venue this is taken to.

Cause there are a lot of South Derry hoor bags in the county of Derry.

Mine was hope/laziness. + There'd be more (south) derry wans in casement than celtic park + hurling is sposed to be at a neutral venue + see my first reason.
Don't Panic

wherefromreferee?

Saturday 6th July.  Celtic Park.  5pm
In your Endo!

johnneycool

hurling replay is back in the Athletic grounds this sunday.

naka

fancy derry to do the biz in this
hurling game should have been played beforehand

is eoin bradley fit ?

snoopdog

hopefully it will be on the box. save me the long trip from Dublin to derry and back twice in 5 weeks.

snoopdog

Quote from: Father Jack on July 01, 2013, 04:08:11 PM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on July 01, 2013, 03:11:01 PM

Think its at 7pm on Saturday, not 5pm according to 2FM news there now.

Ah FFS thats a clash with the Tipp KK hurling. no chance of it being on the box. Plus it means Down folk not getting home till gone 11pm and later if there is ET involved. Idiots in the association.

passedit

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/2/0107131527-qualifiers-fixture-details/

QuoteThe times, dates and venues for the Round 2 All-Ireland Football Qualifiers and Phase 2 of the Hurling Championship have been confirmed by the GAA.

Saturday, July 6
GAA Football All-Ireland Senior Championship Round 2
Galway v Waterford, Pearse Stadium, Salthill, 2.30pm
Clare v Laois, Cusack Park, Ennis, 5pm
Derry v Down, Celtic Park, 5pm
Roscommon v Tyrone, Dr Hyde Park, 6pm

GAA Hurling All-Ireland Senior Championship Phase 2
Clare v Laois, Cusack Park, Ennis, 3pm
Kilkenny v Tipperary, Nowlan Park, 7pm (Live on TV3)

Further information on ticketing for the Kilkenny-Tipperary Phase 2 Hurling Championship game to follow on GAA.ie.
Don't Panic

orangeman

Quote from: snoopdog on July 01, 2013, 04:21:49 PM
Quote from: Father Jack on July 01, 2013, 04:08:11 PM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on July 01, 2013, 03:11:01 PM

Think its at 7pm on Saturday, not 5pm according to 2FM news there now.

Ah FFS thats a clash with the Tipp KK hurling. no chance of it being on the box. Plus it means Down folk not getting home till gone 11pm and later if there is ET involved. Idiots in the association.

Tyrone have to be in Roscommon for 6pm not home till 4am.

Smart fellas up there.

skeog

are you walking home orangeman game over 7.40 approx back in two and half hours anyway it would be better if the rossies conceded another complete mismatch on the cards learning nothing from playing these inferior teams

Wildweasel74

Thought Down would turn us over first day out but am more confident this time as we alot stronger especially on the bench and would expect to turn down over this time round

armaghniac

QuotePlus it means Down folk not getting home till gone 11pm and later if there is ET involved.

Sure it will be hardly dark at that stage!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ardtole

Possibly Bennys last game for Down if we get beat. I think we will do enough to win though.

thebuzz

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 01, 2013, 06:22:06 PM
Thought Down would turn us over first day out but am more confident this time as we alot stronger especially on the bench and would expect to turn down over this time round

I thought Down would turn us over the first day and I think they'll turn us over again on Saturday evening. I couldn't believe the number of unforced errors we made in Owenbeg. Down will punish those unlike Sligo.

Syferus

Quote from: skeog on July 01, 2013, 06:01:50 PM
are you walking home orangeman game over 7.40 approx back in two and half hours anyway it would be better if the rossies conceded another complete mismatch on the cards learning nothing from playing these inferior teams

You'd want to watch your tongue because it's starting to drag against the floor and someone's bound to stand on it.

tbrick18

At best for Derry this is a 50-50 game.
We have more options than we did against Down the first time out but players returning from injury wont be fully match fit.
Plus the game against Sligo will have done nothing for us I think.
Down I think are also stronger than when they played us first. They were very good against Donegal and should have done better. Down favourites for this one I think but it should be a good game.