Jamie Bryson

Started by theticklemister, January 07, 2013, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Should that be plural or have they melted into one form?

Hardy

I think it's a mystery like the holy trinity, so we're not allowed to understand it. Just follow Jedward.

armaghniac

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
Bryson may not be the brightest bulb in the set, but does at least emit a dull glow, and the rest of the zombies follow the light.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trasna man

Jamie Bryson was football mascot
Jamie Bryson played the role of Northern Ireland's football mascot just weeks before emerging as chairman of the Ulster People's Forum, amid the ongoing flags dispute.

Jamie Bryson at a flag protest and dressed as the NI football mascot. (© Pacemaker)
Mr Bryson donned the costume of 'Footie' for the World Cup qualifier against Azerbaijan in November and paraded around Windsor Park clapping and waving at supporters.

The Irish FA said the 22-year-old, who had previously been on work placement with the association, had filled in as a last minute replacement for the regular mascot, who was unavailable.

A statement stressed that it was a one-off and added that Mr Bryson had never been involved in any of the IFA's community relations projects.

"The Irish FA can confirm that Jamie Bryson was Footie mascot at the Northern Ireland v Azerbaijan game on 14 November 2012," it read.

"The regular mascot was unavailable for the game and his replacement took unwell on the afternoon of the game and Mr Bryson stood in at the last minute. This was a one-off."

Mr Bryson emerged as a leader of the loyalist Ulster People's Forum in the wake of the dispute over Belfast City Hall's flag policy.

The council voted to restrict the flying of the Union Flag to 18 designated days last December, prompting a series of protests across Northern Ireland, many of which have been followed by violence on the streets.

Footie the mascot is used by the IFA to promote local football and for a number of public relations events, including its cross-community Football For All campaign.

The costume is usually worn at matches by Ian Hughes, brother of Fulham and NI defender Aaron Hughes, but he was unavailable ahead of the Azerbaijan game.

When his replacement took ill the IFA sought a work placement volunteer and Mr Bryson, who is understood to have been going to watch the match, took up the role.

The statement from the football body continued: "Mr Bryson is not involved in, or has ever been involved in any of the Association's Community Relations projects."

When asked about the incident on Twitter, Mr Bryson replied: "Does it really matter?"

theticklemister

Well trasna man................. He was there when his country needed him.

Lecale2

QuoteFootie the mascot is used by the IFA to promote local football and for a number of public relations events, including its cross-community Football For All campaign.

You really could not f**king make this up!!

theticklemister

Quote from: theticklemister on January 07, 2013, 07:35:47 PM
I think this lad needs a thread of his own. He seems like mighty craic; he has the potential to have the comical genius of Willie Frazer for the years ahead!
Quote from: Lecale2 on February 07, 2013, 05:08:31 PM
QuoteFootie the mascot is used by the IFA to promote local football and for a number of public relations events, including its cross-community Football For All campaign.

Look at my original piece when opening this thread; he is comedy gold!!

red hander

Football For All, indeed ... wonder what Uncle Tom Armstrong makes of it all

Dougal Maguire

I love the idea that he stood in when the understudy took ill. Reminds me of the line in Blackadder 3 when Balderick stood for Parliament. ' and we are all grateful to Mr E Blackadder for stepping in at the last moment when the previous Returning Officer accidentally brutally stabbed himself in the stomach when shaving
Careful now

Eamonnca1

On a related note, is it just me or do a fierce number of people from Belfast talk in this helium voice?  I've heard it on both sides of the city.

"Hi bie! What's the matter wih yie?"

muppet

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 07, 2013, 05:08:31 PM

Never heard of him but you can see his potential clearly.
MWWSI 2017

stew

Quote from: red hander on February 07, 2013, 06:09:27 PM
Football For All, indeed ... wonder what Uncle Tom Armstrong makes of it all

Ah, where the feck is sammyg and sbe when ye need them.

The IFA must be proud to have muppets like this running around in their ranks!  :-[ ::) ??? :o :( :-X  :'(

Armstrong is not an uncle Tom, he has a right to his opinion and played for the north, why is that such a bad thing?

I could not agree with him less but he has the right to believe what he wants, no harm in that at all at all.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Ball DeBeaver

ani ohevet et Yisrael.
אני אוהבת את ישראל

theticklemister

Maguire01

This should be good...

QuoteJamie Bryson ‏@JamieBrysonCPNI 4h
Good to see my friend Willie Frazer today who will be assisting my Euro campaign. He will also run in Newtownards in upcoming elections.