Jamie Bryson

Started by theticklemister, January 07, 2013, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

when the sole purpose of your 'culture' is hating someone else's this leaves you in a seriously messed position and JB is a product of this.

sensethetone

Quote from: NAG1 on November 29, 2013, 08:50:44 AM
when the sole purpose of your 'culture' is hating someone else's this leaves you in a seriously messed position and JB is a product of this.
thats how ye be "british" in the north ;)

glens abu

Quote from: sensethetone on November 29, 2013, 08:59:59 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 29, 2013, 08:50:44 AM
thats how ye be "british" in the north ;)

Thats how you be British anywhere.

deiseach

Quote from: trileacman on November 28, 2013, 05:01:25 PM
Quote from: deiseach on November 28, 2013, 04:15:59 PM
The thing is, you're basically saying that I'm right - no one would ever speak out against Bryson, even in private, for fear of letting the side down. There are no depths to which he can not plunge the North before people from his side will denounce him because you are with themmuns or agin 'em.

No you're wrong. There is a limit to which they will tolerate him and should he seek to drag us back to civil war then the state will lock him up and the Unionists will denounce him. This is all shadow games up here, we can't go around bombing and shooting so it's march and counter-march, we honour the hunger strikers, they want a flag, we march for St Patricks, they march for the 12th etc, etc.

30 years ago, Bryson would be a 23 year old with an armalite yelling "trick or treat", today's he's armed with a twitter account, a rangers top and a rudimentary grasp of the written language. It's all vestiges of a violent past and the trick is to prevent it escalating when tempers fray.

I'm genuinely glad to see someone tell me I'm wrong on this and I bow to your superior knowledge of the situation - I asked the questions in the hope that someone would provide me with some answers. I would say though that history tells us over and over again that waiting for those engaging in shadow games to do something that isn't a shadow game before putting them down is a very dangerous game. The authorities all over Europe were only too happy when Gavrilo Princip stopped engaging in a shadow game by shooting Archduke Franz Ferdinand.

Keepthefaith93

Quote from: orangeman on November 29, 2013, 12:51:45 AM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on November 28, 2013, 06:47:08 PM
Remember, a lot of leafy unionist suburbs are within stones throw of the the loyalist hoi polloi so silence is golden. If Bryson & Frazier do become a genuine threat to the peace process then you will see the shadows come out to play and reign them in. Remember Paul Berry.

Was Paul just not partial to a rub of the relic ?

That Paul Berry was as bitter as they come. I still have a laugh from time to time when I think about how the DUP got rid of him when he was caught with a male hooker.

Anyone know what he is at now?

orangeman

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on November 29, 2013, 09:15:54 AM
Remember, a lot of leafy unionist suburbs are within stones throw of the the loyalist hoi polloi so silence is golden. If Bryson & Frazier do become a genuine threat to the peace process then you will see the shadows come out to play and reign them in. Remember Paul Berry.

That Paul Berry was as bitter as they come. I still have a laugh from time to time when I think about how the DUP got rid of him when he was caught with a male hooker.

The same thing probably.

Keepthefaith93

Quote from: orangeman on November 29, 2013, 10:04:41 AM

The same thing probably.
;D ;D Probably.
Never seen anyone go off the scene like it.

glens abu

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on November 29, 2013, 10:06:56 AM
Quote from: orangeman on November 29, 2013, 10:04:41 AM

The same thing probably.
;D ;D Probably.

He is on council,elected in 2011 as an independent Unionist,heard him on radio two weeks ago.Still at the Gospel singing and still married but would  think he is getting the odd rub down for all those sports injuries he has.

Count 10

Can't understand why the Irish News gives any publicity to these imbeciles....they are getting more and more like the Sun/Mirror.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on November 29, 2013, 10:06:56 AM

Gary McMichael. Though that was just due to the party going defunct, but still, he just vanished from public life fairly instantly.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Cold tea

Quote from: Count 10 on November 29, 2013, 10:34:05 AM
Can't understand why the Irish News gives any publicity to these imbeciles....they are getting more and more like the Sun/Mirror.

Totally agree - stopped buying it a long time ago.

StGallsGAA

for the same reason why he has his own thread here. of him on here. Any sewer rat can make a name for himself these day by being portrayed as the most bigoted of all on TV/Radio/Social media so long as they are savvy enough not to condone violence.   Can't understand why the media give him so much publicity tho.  The National Front are not afforded any media time in NE England but there's plenty who would spout the same sort of crap over there if they got the chance. 

Ignore and he'll go away eventually.  Deleting thread would be a good start.

Bingo

Bryson and his like will always be the noisy minority. They can easily gather some headlines with over the top statements like this and hold the odd protest that will have a handful of participants but create alot of headlines and hassle.

500 people on a protest can be alot of harm. In addition you'll have the anti-social teenagers who would be only too happy to have a cause to channel their anti-social behaviour.

If they manage to drag 1,000 "supporters" along to their protest that is 99,000 others from the same backround sitting at home shaking their head.

Ignore them and they soon lose numbers and go back to their normal routine.

BennyCake

Quote from: Bingo on November 29, 2013, 11:03:59 AM
Bryson and his like will always be the noisy minority. They can easily gather some headlines with over the top statements like this and hold the odd protest that will have a handful of participants but create alot of headlines and hassle.

500 people on a protest can be alot of harm. In addition you'll have the anti-social teenagers who would be only too happy to have a cause to channel their anti-social behaviour.

If they manage to drag 1,000 "supporters" along to their protest that is 99,000 others from the same backround sitting at home shaking their head.

Ignore them and they soon lose numbers and go back to their normal routine.

This sort of thing is normal for bigots like him.

God14

Id bet he comes on here for a wee browse reading this thread! (Yankin the plank probably)
In fact if you google him it's on the first page, so it's a cert.

In all seriousness, what life experiences has he had at 23 to be so bitter? The GFA was signed 15 years ago when he'd have been about 8!

If brwson & wee wullie wounder are the future of loyalism I'm happy enough. Comedy Gold, & there not a brain cell nor backbone between them.

The CNR / PUL war has been won. We've achieved equality in the north that 40 years ago would have been unimaginable. Regards a united ireland - our future is in our own hands. Rising catholic population, declining Protestant population, and the legislation is there for a referendum. The irony after all the fighting is that many of us now may be happy enough to remain in the UK!

Bitter pills like Jaymay Brwson are there to be enjoyed though. I love listening to him for a good cackle and that's why the likes of the Irish news report on him