Jamie Bryson

Started by theticklemister, January 07, 2013, 07:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

For the last time Muppet, Mary McAleese was not a terrorist, she was just born in Ulster.

And whilst we still remember Crossmaglen etc, that image of the Royal family at CP just goes to show that the GAA still has a warm heart and hasn't forgotten its manners.

Milltown Row2

It's funny how numbers are counted, the Sunday Life today said there was 3000 at it but I'd heard reports that there was 1500 at it. Irish News will have a 1000 at it in tomorrows edition
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Quote from: muppet on December 01, 2013, 10:33:26 AM

Great to see that bloke getting applause for "picking something up".

Tune in next week to see him "setting something down"
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2013, 09:06:52 PM
It's funny how numbers are counted, the Sunday Life today said there was 3000 at it but I'd heard reports that there was 1500 at it. Irish News will have a 1000 at it in tomorrows edition
I think the peelers had it at 1500. Would have said they have more of a clue on the Sunday Life, which no doubt inflated their figures to keep their Orange readership happy.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 01, 2013, 09:17:23 PM
I think the peelers had it at 1500. Would have said they have more of a clue on the Sunday Life, which no doubt inflated their figures to keep their Orange readership happy.

Aye I thought that, oh i read it while standing in a queue in shop, I wouldn't buy a paper, don't think Ive bought one in over 10 years. Are they still popular
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AQMP

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2013, 09:21:52 PM

Aye I thought that, oh i read it while standing in a queue in shop, I wouldn't buy a paper, don't think Ive bought one in over 10 years. Are they still popular

20 years ago there would have been about 50,000 there.  Forty years ago the power stations would have been shut down and bread would have been rationed!  This sort of street protest is backfiring.  It's obvious they can't get a crowd out.

glens abu

Quote from: AQMP on December 02, 2013, 09:18:07 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2013, 09:21:52 PM

20 years ago there would have been about 50,000 there.  Forty years ago the power stations would have been shut down and bread would have been rationed!  This sort of street protest is backfiring.  It's obvious they can't get a crowd out.

Dying kick form them,all we need to do is keep the pressure on.I just wish everyone could see this and not still think its 1798.The fight is almost won.

Applesisapples

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 28, 2013, 04:18:44 PM
Quote from: deiseach on November 28, 2013, 04:15:59 PM
Quote from: trileacman on November 28, 2013, 04:00:37 PM
It's not that black and white. It's not simply people who back Bryson and those who silently despise him. A lot of them would not support him by going to protests or would not advocate his action in public either. But at the same time they wouldn't openly disparage him to a Catholic neighbour or whilst in public. Deep down a vast majority of them feel their traditions and culture are being diluted to appease a Catholic mass who not too long ago where under cosh. It's an upset to the status quo and it irks a lot of them to a small degree.

Not that I blame them, I mean whilst I would question the naming of some trophies and grounds after IRA members amongst my friends, family and indeed on this site, I wouldn't allow the same liberalism to infiltrate a conversation with a protestant from home. I wouldn't want to be seen to be seeking to appease the likes of Byrson, Fraizer and Donaldson by removing references to some of our own. It's about sticking up for your own side and all that.

It's a different thing up here, looking in isn't the same as living in.

Thanks for the considered response. The thing is, you're basically saying that I'm right - no one would ever speak out against Bryson, even in private, for fear of letting the side down. There are no depths to which he can not plunge the North before people from his side will denounce him because you are with themmuns or agin 'em. And I don't think there are two sides to this story. There was widespread and vocal opposition to the Provos right throughout the Troubles from Nationalists. There is no comparable constituency in Unionism. You don't see the various OWCers here saying that Bryson doesn't speak for anyone because the fact of the matter is that he does, or at least they would choose to tolerate him rather say anything against him. That's not to say that the individual contributors think this way, just that they couldn't say with a straight face that he represents a completely extermist viewpoint. Faced with that, it does make me wonder (and ironically I'll probably regret saying this) whether the Shinner apologists on here have a point, i.e. that the Brits and Unionists couldn't have been brought to a compromise until they had been bombed to one.

Bingo!
Tehy wouldn't have been bombed into it, they were reluctantly pressured into it by HM Government who in turn were bombed to that position. That's why they don't really face up to the reality of the GFA.

armaghniac

How many were at the Ulster Club final? Which will get the greater attention on UTV?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

J OGorman

We needy organise a sit down with wee Jamie and rugby legend & Ulster protestant Willie Anderson. Willie will give the wee hooer a few home truths about the GAA and why the association is good enough for his kids

screenexile

Quote from: armaghniac on December 02, 2013, 01:44:18 PM

How many were at the Ulster Club final? Which will get the greater attention on UTV?

The paper says there were only 6,000 at the match but there had to be more than that the queue for traffic was fecking unreal!! THe stand was full and a fair part of the terrace on the far side as well!

johnneycool

Quote from: screenexile on December 02, 2013, 03:11:43 PM

The paper says there were only 6,000 at the match but there had to be more than that the queue for traffic was fecking unreal!! THe stand was full and a fair part of the terrace on the far side as well!

Ulster council keeping the VAT returns down I'd say.

omagh_gael

Had to laugh when I saw the front of the IN today...they did indeed quote the figure as being slightly over 1000.

Maguire01

Quote from: screenexile on December 02, 2013, 03:11:43 PM

There was plenty of space in the stand from the TV footage.

All of a Sludden

From Jamies facebook page

If PPS don't get their act together and make a decision then as a responsible British citizen I will be obliged to make a citizens arrest of Bomber Kelly to prevent any further breaches of the British law

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.