Shamrock Shore
The Dinnytron 5000
Ciarrai_thuaidh
Tippabu
Seafoid

tippabu

maigheo

Westside

8 point beating from the Rossies. Looks like the wheels are coming off our U21 wagon..

Syferus

Quote from: Westside on January 17, 2015, 03:18:53 PM
8 point beating from the Rossies. Looks like the wheels are coming off our U21 wagon..

Sure that's what we usually do to good teams. If we beat ye by 23 points and hold you scoreless for 40 minutes then you should be worried ;D

Seriously though, Meath are woeful (hammered out the gate by Kerry today) for a team that made the minor AI final in 2012 and the Hastings Cup final last year. Admittedly that minor team may have been the luckiest minor team in living memory to make the final but still, there should be way more fight and depth in that panel than there is.

We snuck through to the semis on points difference over Kerry. Good start to the year by the lads but there's plenty to do before we're ready to made a run at Connacht.

tippabu

Tipp beat longford 1-11 to 1-8. Still have to play that postponed game v galway

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on January 17, 2015, 03:51:56 PM

Sure that's what we usually do to good teams. If we beat ye by 23 points and hold you scoreless for 40 minutes then you should be worried ;D

Seriously though, Meath are woeful (hammered out the gate by Kerry today) for a team that made the minor AI final in 2012 and the Hastings Cup final last year. Admittedly that minor team may have been the luckiest minor team in living memory to make the final but still, there should be way more fight and depth in that panel than there is.

We snuck through to the semis on points difference over Kerry. Good start to the year by the lads but there's plenty to do before we're ready to made a run at Connacht.

Such as?

Don t be silly. Ye won t get a game in Connacht.

Jinxy

The scoreline flatters Kerry.
If you take all the goals out of the equation, they only won by a point.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

galwayman

Galway certainly will be no threat to Ros this year.
I don't think Mayo will either.
It's a very strong Ros side.
The All Ireland series will be the test for them as like moysider I don't think they'll be tested in Connacht.

ross4life

Quote from: galwayman on January 17, 2015, 05:25:24 PM
The All Ireland series will be the test for them as like moysider I don't think they'll be tested in Connacht.
You & Moysider are trying your best to down play your chances  :D

Mayo U21s after winning their 3rd game in a row today. A pick from the 2012 minors that should have reached the All Ireland final,2013 Connacht,All Ireland champions & last year Connacht champions,All Ireland semi finalists.

Galway lost 2012,2013 minor games to us and Mayo in extra time both games you could easily have won & last year unlucky not to win against Mayo. We got tested by Sligo last year & won't be looking past that tie in what should be yet another highly competitive Connacht underage championship.
--------------------

As for today after last weekends total mis-match our lads got their 2nd good workout in this competition, Always in control & good value for the 8pt win. Mark Dowd & co are making full use of the panel with over 30 getting a run out in the 3 group games. We move on to the Hasting cup semi final now which should bring at least one more good competitive game before the championship. Kerry go into the shield semi final which the Munster men should win.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on January 17, 2015, 05:25:24 PM

I wouldn't write off either Galway or Mayo just yet to be honest for pretty much the same reasons ross4life said. From our own perspective Galway were awfully unlucky at minor level two years in a row with most of this bunch. Could easily have beaten Mayo first day out in 2013 and Mayo ended up as All-Ireland champions. Was by far their toughest game that year. Pretty much the same in 2012 when they lost after extra time again to Roscommon and Roscommon themselves only beat Mayo by 2 in the final. Recent history suggests there is not much between the three sides but I think management always plays a big part at underage level. A poor management team can really hold a bunch of young lads back.

tippabu

Is it one through from each group? Ourselves and galway still have to play and looking at galway kildare at the moments it will come down to ourselves or galway to go through

Itchy

Seems to me for some reason Cavan have changed approach for some reason in this competition. The last number of years we were putting out teams with maybe 8 of our first team in them, we called that experimenting.  This year we gave in our last 2 games played teams with maybe only 4 definite starters and today a lot of guys out of position. I'm not too worried to be losing but I'm a bit concerned we don't know who is best for each position. Also, Michael Argue the teams star player hasnt kicked a ball for the u21s yet.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on January 17, 2015, 04:56:58 PM

Such as?

Don t be silly. Ye won t get a game in Connacht.

Mayo's minor AI winners (and 2012 AISF team) will really start filtering through this year and Galway ran everyone desperately close at minor with these players.

Tom Corcoran had to have ankle surgery late last year so our anchor in the middle is missing at the moment and Cathal Compton (the player I mentioned a couple weeks ago as being over-worked) has already been injured by DIT's recklessness. Both would be massive players for us this year and I wouldn't like to face into Connacht without either.

Chimley

Livong away from the county but I'm surprised that a few more of our 2013 minor forwards have not figured yet. I'm thinking Tommy Conroy, Daragh Doherty and Conor Loftus in particular.