That Westmeath lad that hates Syferus
Shamrock Shore
The Dinnytron 5000
Ciarrai_thuaidh
Tippabu
Seafoid

muppet

Quote from: Chimley on January 17, 2015, 08:44:52 PM
Livong away from the county but I'm surprised that a few more of our 2013 minor forwards have not figured yet. I'm thinking Tommy Conroy, Daragh Doherty and Conor Loftus in particular.

I was thinking the same thing.

At least Liam Irwin is there. I hope he is on the S&C senior group that was set up.  I think Patrick Durcan from Mitchels was on it along with Douglas & Kirby, but the latter is injured now.
MWWSI 2017

moysider

Injuries and family tragedy has taken its toll I m afraid. Conroy's dad died tragically over the Christmas. Was buried with Tommy's AI medal.
Loftus is a long term injury. His dad died from cancer last year. Not easy.

Chimley

Sorry to hear that. There's more to life than football.

muppet

Quote from: moysider on January 17, 2015, 09:48:36 PM

Injuries and family tragedy has taken its toll I m afraid. Conroy's dad died tragically over the Christmas. Was buried with Tommy's AI medal.
Loftus is a long term injury. His dad died from cancer last year. Not easy.

F*k didn't know that. He has had a lot to deal with over the last couple of years. Lovely lad and a class player. Of all the minors he is the one I'd really love to see come through.

Hadn't heard about Conor Loftus's father either.

Puts things in perspective.

MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Roscommon v Mayo semi final in Longford next Saturday. D Murtagh,E Smith probably held back for FBD final while Coen,D O Connor will be restored to the Mayo line up that should make them favourites but hey we'll give it our best shot anyway  :-\
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

moysider

Longford venue makes a lot of sense to me ::)

Limerick, Longford......... Wots next?

ross4life

Quote from: moysider on January 18, 2015, 11:56:14 PM

Longford venue makes a lot of sense to me ::)

Limerick, Longford......... Wots next?
Its a Longford GAA run competition semi and final played in Longford.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on January 18, 2015, 11:48:32 PM
Roscommon v Mayo semi final in Longford next Saturday. D Murtagh,E Smith probably held back for FBD final while Coen,D O Connor will be restored to the Mayo line up that should make them favourites but hey we'll give it our best shot anyway  :-\

Playing the semis in Longford regardless of the counties playing is pretty damn ridiculous.

Sure we may as well turn up.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on January 19, 2015, 12:00:57 AM

Playing the semis in Longford regardless of the counties playing is pretty damn ridiculous.

It's their bloody competition. Of course they'll want the semis and finals where they can make the most out of them. Jaysus.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 19, 2015, 10:21:44 AM

It's their bloody competition. Of course they'll want the semis and finals where they can make the most out of them. Jaysus.

Ah come on AZ, have you never heard of Bus burnout?
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

That Bus should pick one age grade and stick to it. It's not even 1 year old yet is it? Far too young for Under 21. That Bus should be playing Go-Games.

moysider

True. Didn't realise it was their gig.
Still, only mammies and girlfriends will bother with it.

Syferus

They draw up the schedule. So what? Doesn't meant venues should be hostile to logic. We've escaped having weird locations in the past for semis because this used to be a midland competition. It isn't anymore and this is just a ridiculous holdover from the competition's past. Why in God's name should Roscommon v Mayo be played in Leinster?

I highly down they're going to make big bucks (or few bucks at all) from Ros v Mayo and Laois v Tipp/Galway in an U21 January competition. I suppose John Prenty applies the ownership logic to the Connacht championship, it would explain why every second match is in McHale Park..

Rossfan

Syf, could you please ffs just shut up for one effin day. >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 19, 2015, 03:24:25 PM
Syf, could you please ffs just shut up for one effin day. >:(

I suppose you live on a shack on the Longford road and don't mind matches being arbitrarily placed in Longford.