Tippabu
Seafoid

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

Westmeath leading 1-12 to 13 entering injury time

Syferus

Ros 0-13 Westmeath 1-13 FT. Late goal by Westmeath.

Are we sure the tie-breaker is head-to-head and not scoring difference? Either tie-breaker would send a different team through to the semis. Had Kildare not fluffed their lines with Clare we'd be through for sure as scoring difference would be the only way to separate a three-way tie where one team has beaten each of the others.

rodney trotter

larryin89

I can't work out a lot of things with this comp but could we see a Mayo v Ross shield final? I don't know the perms, anyone know how exactly it works.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on January 18, 2014, 03:43:22 PM
I can't work out a lot of things with this comp but could we see a Mayo v Ross shield final? I don't know the perms, anyone know how exactly it works.

Is their even a shield competition now? Won't happen if it was Ros-Mayo. We had Leitrim in the Hasting Shield final last year and because we were playing in the first round of Connacht the shield final never happened.

Blowitupref

Quote from: larryin89 on January 18, 2014, 03:43:22 PM

Three group winners and best runner up goes into the semi finals. The other two group runners up play in the Shield final which i think is Tipp v Mayo.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Semi-finalists are East and West Meath, Cavan and Ros (as best runner-up).

Rossfan

I'm told we were poor today. Leading 12- 10 at one stage and then a collapse. Midfield and defence not up to the mark my spy says.
Anybody know the semi final lineup?

larryin89

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on January 18, 2014, 04:04:07 PM
I'm told we were poor today. Leading 12- 10 at one stage and then a collapse. Midfield and defence not up to the mark my spy says.
Played well in midfield it was our poor defending and poor shooting that let us down. We had a few late goal chances, hit the crossbar with one of them but that result today will dampen the expectations for this team and going on todays performance its hard to see us beating Cavan next weekend.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on January 18, 2014, 04:13:27 PM
Played well in midfield it was our poor defending and poor shooting that let us down. We had a few late goal chances, hit the crossbar with one of them but that result today will dampen the expectations for this team and going on todays performance its hard to see us beating Cavan next weekend.

Good to have a second chance, though. Enda Smith came on and scored three points from play and Kevin Finn got another run-out so there are positives. We had our heads in front for the better part of 55 minutes but credit to Westmeath for contining to respond.

Ros-Cavan should do both sides good with hard provincial draws coming up.

larryin89

"Ros-Cavan should do both sides good with hard provincial draws coming up."

Ahh now come on, you're not going to worry about little old mayo .

Rossfan

Quote from: ross4life on January 18, 2014, 04:13:27 PM
Four games might be enough at this stage and let management learn the lessons and try and get us in shape for the BIG ONE v the Rhus.
I'd take a Connacht Title before a Hastings Cup any day.
Al least there won't be anyone running away with themselves now ( except for you know who of course  :P)

ross4life

Quote from: Syferus on January 18, 2014, 04:35:51 PM
Enda Smith came on and scored three points from play and Kevin Finn got another run-out so there are positives.
Was planned to give both a few minutes & both may start next weekend. Getting Donie Smith fit for the championship will be the tricky part.

Quote from: Rossfan on January 18, 2014, 04:54:48 PM

Four games might be enough at this stage and let management learn the lessons and try and get us in shape for the BIG ONE v the Rhus.
I'd take a Connacht Title before a Hastings Cup any day.
Al least there won't be anyone running away with themselves now ( except for you know who of course  :P)

I would still swap our three Hastings cups in 2007,08,09 for just one Connacht title. At least we won both in 2010. Some players may have played themselves out of the championship team today our defence should improve once Timothy,Murray,Daly return.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open