Ciarrai_thuaidh
Tippabu
Seafoid

Syferus

Syferus

Syferus

Captain Obvious

Syferus

Ros, Tipp and Cabin through to the semis. To be joined by the best runner up unless there's some mad scoring in round three.

Rossfan

Well done lads. I hear from my spies that we were pretty impressive. I suppose it depends on how strong a team Kildare had out.
Syfín are we defo in the Semis? If we lose to the Westies and Kildare beat Clare will it all come down to score difference?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2014, 08:39:15 PM
Well done lads. I hear from my spies that we were pretty impressive. I suppose it depends on how strong a team Kildare had out.
Syfín are we defo in the Semis? If we lose to the Westies and Kildare beat Clare will it all come down to score difference?

Its unlikely that Roscommon or Cavan or Tipp could be caught on score difference given the amounts they've won by already.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 11, 2014, 08:39:15 PM

Technically yeah, but with the two big wins unless the other Maroons hammer us we'll be through. I assume best runner up is whoever has the most points and then if there's more than two on the same total, best points difference. Were we to lose and not end up top we'd still be in the running for that spot.

ross4life

Good win for our lads, the most encouraging thing is the strength of our panel compared to this time last year, knowing our luck we'll probably get a load of injuries before the championship.

I'd say group winners are decided on head to head games.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Quote from: ross4life on January 11, 2014, 09:32:54 PM
Good win for our lads, the most encouraging thing is the strength of our panel compared to this time last year, knowing our luck we'll probably get a load of injuries before the championship.

I'd say group winners are decided on head to head games.

Was it like that in previous years? They obviously need scoring difference to help decide the best runner up at least.

ross4life

Yeah scoring difference or average should sort out the best runner up. How the groups stand at the moment.

Group 1

1   Cavan   Pts 4   P2   W2   L0   D0   F33   A19
2   Mayo   Pts 2   P2   W1   L1   D0   F30   A29
3   Offaly   Pts 2   P2   W1   L1   D0   F23   A29
4   Longford   Pts 0   P2   W0   L2   D0   F25   A34

Group 2

1   Roscommon   PTS 4   P2   W2   L0   D0   F43   A19
2   Kildare   PTS 2   P2   W1   L1   D0   F29   A30
3   Westmeath   PTS 2   P2   W1   L1   D0   F30   A34
4   Clare   PTS 0  P2   W0   L2   D0   F24   A43

Group 3

1   Tipperary   PTS 4   P2   W2   L0   D0   F42   A22
2   Meath   PTS 4   P2   W2   L0   D0   F39   A22
3   Leitrim   PTS 0   P2   W0   L2   D0   F23   A36
4   Wicklow   PTS 0   P2   W0   L2   D0   F21   A45

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

moysider

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 11, 2014, 03:37:34 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 11, 2014, 03:32:08 PM
Cavan win 1-14 to 0-10.
Cavan looking good for another Ulster title. Mayo panel not as strong as some originally thought?

Well judging by today' s result, that would appear to be the case. I didn t make the game but it was clear from Austin Garvin s regular reports on radio that we were killed. He mentioned things like size, fitness and hunger. Didn't sound good.

Last week I identified some players I thought had a bright future but depth is another thing. Of the 5/6 quality players I mentioned earlier only 1 started today. The team had 8 changes from the Longford game.

Still that is what this competition is for. When it comes down to championship I d expect to be a contender if we have a midfield. Maybe other posters know what the story with midfield will be. Apparently today we were cleaned out.

Itchy

Cavan had Michael Argue midfield yesterday, he is huge I'm guessing maybe 6'5". He got some game time against Derry and Kerry for the seniors last year and made a big difference. He was midfield for the u21s last yr. He is mobile and good for a few points. There won't be many better midfielders in u21 this year.

rodney trotter

Itchy

Cavan 2-11 Longford 1-10.
Cavan were 8 points up but Longford came back into it in last 1/4 to give score respectable look. 100% record so far for Cavan.