nurse in royal pregnancy hoax call found dead.

Started by charlieTully, December 07, 2012, 03:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: Tubberman on December 07, 2012, 04:22:07 PM
It was a prank call. They didn't really have a go at the girl, they can hardly be held accountable for her death.

They sort of can be held accountable, if they hadn't have made the call this wouldn't have happened. They didn't intend for something like this to happen but it did and they have to front up to their role in it.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

el_cuervo_fc

FFS lads it's obviously the radio station who are to blame. If they hadn't carried out the prank this wouldn't have happened. They have to think of the repurcussions of their actions and at the very least this girls job would have been in jeopardy.

Nally Stand

It was a prank call. They didn't really have a go at the girl, they can hardly be held accountable for her death.
Their royalty is put on such a pedestal by the brit media that she must have been put though unbelievable stress over it all. It was stupid prank too. If they had even pre-recorded it and played it on air for a laugh if it had failed and had the sense to pull it if it worked, knowing it would at least seriously harm a woman's career. Though I was looking at the radio stations facebook page and some of the bloodthirsty comments are insane:

"How does it feel to have blood dripping from your paws?"
"murderers"
"I hope they kill them selves"
"nice one your actions have killed a nurse hope your happy Murderers"
"Tomorrow's headline: "Two Australian Radio DJs Found Dead" and I'll have no sympathy whatsoever.  :)"

And don't you just know fine well that some of the scumbags posting this shite probably laughed at the prank when it hit the news, seeing it as just a funny prank. The pricks all have 20:20 hindsight.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Walter Cronc

Quote from: trileacman on December 07, 2012, 04:26:48 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 07, 2012, 04:25:07 PM

I would imagine Royal family aides put huge pressure on this girl in the aftermath of the prank call. Yet watch how the British media will hammer the aussies when they should look closer to home!!

How do you know that? Seemingly Charles was making light of it yesterday.

Charlie boy wouldn't be the sharpest tool in the box so I would take his comments with a pinch of salt.

trileacman

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on December 07, 2012, 04:35:37 PM
FFS lads it's obviously the radio station who are to blame. If they hadn't carried out the prank this wouldn't have happened. They have to think of the repurcussions of their actions and at the very least this girls job would have been in jeopardy.

They embarrassed two women on a national scale in their workplace, they can't just wash their hands now and say "sure we were only having a laugh".

imtommygunn

Do we know what state of mind she was in before it?

Nothing obvious about this at all. No one knows her previous state of mental health.

Usually you'd associate these things with a history in this regard. For one incident to trigger these things could happen but it would probably be more likely she wasn't of good mental health prior to it.

trileacman

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 07, 2012, 04:35:57 PM
Their royalty is put on such a pedestal by the brit media that she must have been put though unbelievable stress over it all. It was stupid prank too. If they had even pre-recorded it and played it on air for a laugh if it had failed and had the sense to pull it if it worked, knowing it would at least seriously harm a woman's career. Though I was looking at the radio stations facebook page and some of the bloodthirsty comments are insane:

"murderers"
"Tomorrow's headline: "Two Australian Radio DJs Found Dead" and I'll have no sympathy whatsoever.  :)"

And don't you just know fine well that some of the scumbags posting this shite probably laughed at the prank when it hit the news, seeing it as just a funny prank. The pricks all have 20:20 hindsight.

You can't just lay it "blame the royals", had it have been any of the Brits golden celebrities the girl would have took alot of abuse and castigation for falling for such a simple prank. Divulging personal information on any high profile patient would open you up to ridicule the same as it being Kate Middleton.

Nally Stand

Quote from: trileacman on December 07, 2012, 04:45:58 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on December 07, 2012, 04:35:57 PM

"murderers"

You can't just lay it "blame the royals", had it have been any of the Brits golden celebrities the girl would have took alot of abuse and castigation for falling for such a simple prank. Divulging personal information on any high profile patient would open you up to ridicule the same as it being Kate Middleton.

I didn't say blame the royals, (my post when read in it's entirety should make that fairly obvious) but I'm saying it couldn't have helped. You can talk about high profile patients all you like but what public figure in britain would have commanded anywhere near as much media attention over a pregnancy as a "royal"? The stress and strain and (I'd imagine) the level of abuse too, must have been unbearable on her.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

seafoid

Awful. Did she get enough support from the hospital?  Some suicide phases only last a few minutes but all you need is a few minutes. The poor woman. 

cadence

they've def breached aussie journalism's code of ethics. irresponsibility and recklessness in the media should be held to account. there just doen't seem to be the correct balance between journalistic freedoms and protecting vulnerable members of the public from this type of media behaviour. it's a real wake up call for low brow tabloid style media, and those who consume it, who think taking the piss out of people in front of the eyes of the world is just harmless fun.

http://www.gwb.com.au/99a/ethics.html

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Yes they are accountable, and hopefully they will pay the price with their jobs. Most of these DJs go to far with their pranks, that lad off i-radio should have been sacked years ago, horrible cnut.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ballinaman

Its all speculation at this stage, has there been any talk of a note so far? She might have been suffering from depression for a long time and this incident only served as a trigger. Seems unusual but not impossible to go from happy carefree to suicidal in the space of a day or two.
2day FM are a bunch of w**nkers though, couldn't abide it when i lived in Australia.

Main Street

Could be a deadly Australian version of The Ring.

Check your caller id before answering.

charlieTully

Quote from: ballinaman on December 07, 2012, 05:37:15 PM
Its all speculation at this stage, has there been any talk of a note so far? She might have been suffering from depression for a long time and this incident only served as a trigger. Seems unusual but not impossible to go from happy carefree to suicidal in the space of a day or two.
2day FM are a bunch of w**nkers though, couldn't abide it when i lived in Australia.

She may well have suffered from depression in the past but no way would she be fit to work if she was clinically depressed at the time. Never read the English tabloids so don't know the craic there. Was there any sensationalist headlines etc?

theticklemister

according to the paper, this lady did not divulge any info, only lifted the phone.

I believe there is more to this story than meets the eye and we will never get to the bottom of this. If this had to be any other patient I don't think the pressure on this poor woman would have been anywhere near as much. The royalty in their 'glamour and prestige'  appeals to the mass populace and this in turn puts pressure on people, on this occasion the pressure was too much.