nurse in royal pregnancy hoax call found dead.

Started by charlieTully, December 07, 2012, 03:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 07, 2012, 04:16:46 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on December 07, 2012, 03:57:09 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on December 07, 2012, 03:40:41 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 07, 2012, 03:32:33 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on December 07, 2012, 03:30:12 PM
The nurse who took a hoax call about Kate's pregnancy found dead this morning after apparently taking her own life.

Jeez you don't mess with Prince Phillip!!

Sad them cnuts can make someone fell so intimidated they take their own life.

I would be placing more blame on the Radio station at this stage.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838
"The BBC understands Mrs Saldanha had not been suspended or disciplined by the hospital"
I'd be astonished if that were true.

She did not divulge any information. She only answered the phone and passed the call on.

Maguire01

Quote from: theticklemister on December 07, 2012, 06:07:46 PM
I believe there is more to this story than meets the eye and we will never get to the bottom of this. If this had to be any other patient I don't think the pressure on this poor woman would have been anywhere near as much. The royalty in their 'glamour and prestige'  appeals to the mass populace and this in turn puts pressure on people, on this occasion the pressure was too much.
If it had been any other patient, I doubt there'd have been a prank call.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 07, 2012, 06:36:23 PM
I believe there is more to this story than meets the eye and we will never get to the bottom of this. If this had to be any other patient I don't think the pressure on this poor woman would have been anywhere near as much. The royalty in their 'glamour and prestige'  appeals to the mass populace and this in turn puts pressure on people, on this occasion the pressure was too much.
They regularly do prank calls.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Quote from: LeoMc on December 07, 2012, 06:12:28 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on December 07, 2012, 04:16:46 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on December 07, 2012, 03:57:09 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on December 07, 2012, 03:40:41 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 07, 2012, 03:32:33 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on December 07, 2012, 03:30:12 PM
The nurse who took a hoax call about Kate's pregnancy found dead this morning after apparently taking her own life.

Jeez you don't mess with Prince Phillip!!

Sad them cnuts can make someone fell so intimidated they take their own life.

I would be placing more blame on the Radio station at this stage.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20645838
"The BBC understands Mrs Saldanha had not been suspended or disciplined by the hospital"
I'd be astonished if that were true.

She did not divulge any information. She only answered the phone and passed the call on.

True. I initially had heard it was the nurse who did all the talking.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

bennydorano

Tragic, but I have to say my first reaction was what an incredible over reaction by the nurse. There must be more to it or else it is just that.

Gabriel_Hurl

about that radio station

QuotePrank radio station 2Day FM is already serving two five-year licence probations after serious breaches of the regulator's code.

The broadcaster was handed the first reprimand in 2009 after a 14-year-old girl was attached to a lie detector and pushed into revealing live on air that she had been raped.

The reluctant teenager had been brought on to The Kyle and Jackie O Show by her mother who told the presenters she was worried about her daughter's use of drugs and partying.

The mother asked her daughter: 'Have you ever had sex?'

To which, she replied: 'I've already told you the story about this ... and don't look at me and smile because it's not funny'. After a pause, the girl added: 'Oh OK, I got raped when I was 12 years old.'

Mr Sandilands then incurred the second licence condition after he called a female journalist a 'fat slag' live on air.

SLIGONIAN

None of this adds up, i wouldnt believe a word these statements are saying, she was married with 2 kids and takes her own life over this? Seriously...we are not hearing the truth...the aussies will be scapegoated by the british media no doubt with pressure etc...the aussies are innocent in my eyes, there is no way the intended any of this, there is no one on this planet that hasnt taken the piss out of someone or done a prank, and thought jees they may kill themselves...no one thinks that.

May she rest in peace
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

charlieTully

Quote from: bennydorano on December 07, 2012, 07:15:45 PM
Tragic, but I have to say my first reaction was what an icredible over reaction by the nurse. There must be more to it or else it is just that.

Aye, initially I thought she was the one who had spoken, very bizarre given she only answered the phone.

Aristo 60

there won't be one lesson learn't from this... just more paperwork for hospital staff.

Such a tragic loss of life.

trileacman

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on December 07, 2012, 07:29:52 PM
None of this adds up, i wouldnt believe a word these statements are saying, she was married with 2 kids and takes her own life over this? Seriously...we are not hearing the truth...the aussies will be scapegoated by the british media no doubt with pressure etc...the aussies are innocent in my eyes, there is no way the intended any of this, there is no one on this planet that hasnt taken the piss out of someone or done a prank, and thought jees they may kill themselves...no one thinks that.

May she rest in peace

Not many here are accusing them of murder but it was a crass prank, tricking someone into malpractice at their workplace. They knew this would cause embarrassment and raise questions of professional integrity of the nurses involved but they went ahead anyway. Innocent is not the term I'd use to describe their actions.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Maguire01

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 07, 2012, 06:48:08 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on December 07, 2012, 06:36:23 PM
They regularly do prank calls.
To London hospitals?

Main Street

By the sounds of it,  these radio presenters will have as hard a time as any Johnny Foreigner ref who dared give a questionable decision against an English team.

cadence

from House of Commons
Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Privacy and media
intrusion
Fifth Report of Session 2002–03
Volume I...

Defining terms
9. Privacy is an aspect of human dignity and autonomy and almost everyone regards privacy as essential.7 There was no dispute that everyone should be entitled to a zone of privacy and is likely to need such space to maintain their psychological well-being and personal development and to allow the fostering of relationships especially intimate ones. Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights states that everyone has the right to respect for his or her private and family life, home and correspondence.
10. But privacy cannot be an absolute right. There are limited situations when it can and should be breached, where crime, corruption or hypocrisy are being hidden under a cloak of privacy and where it is overwhelmingly in the public interest that the truth be brought to light. Even here, though, it is important that both the authorities and the media only infringe privacy in relation, and in proportion, to the iniquity thought to be in question.

there's loads of evidence about the contagion effect of media reporting on suicides, and just a few examples of people committing suicide because of media intrusion. but they do happen.

having to deal with what must seem like worldwide ridicule, and no doubt repurcussions as an employee, it's hardly going to help the stress levels.

again, i know i keep repeating myself, but there's codes of ethics for a reason. people get hurt and suffer and sometimes even worse, like in this case. no point in suggesting otherwise. if this radio show was more responsible, stuck to the ethics of their profession, it wouldn't have happened. shoddy at best, but i'm leaning more towards irresponsible... they do know better, rather than they should know better. they've form for being unethical as we've seen.

theticklemister

Quote from: cadence on December 07, 2012, 09:03:15 PM
from House of Commons
Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Privacy and media
intrusion
Fifth Report of Session 2002–03
Volume I...

Defining terms
9. Privacy is an aspect of human dignity and autonomy and almost everyone regards privacy as essential.7 There was no dispute that everyone should be entitled to a zone of privacy and is likely to need such space to maintain their psychological well-being and personal development and to allow the fostering of relationships especially intimate ones. Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights states that everyone has the right to respect for his or her private and family life, home and correspondence.
10. But privacy cannot be an absolute right. There are limited situations when it can and should be breached, where crime, corruption or hypocrisy are being hidden under a cloak of privacy and where it is overwhelmingly in the public interest that the truth be brought to light. Even here, though, it is important that both the authorities and the media only infringe privacy in relation, and in proportion, to the iniquity thought to be in question.

there's loads of evidence about the contagion effect of media reporting on suicides, and just a few examples of people committing suicide because of media intrusion. but they do happen.

having to deal with what must seem like worldwide ridicule, and no doubt repurcussions as an employee, it's hardly going to help the stress levels.

again, i know i keep repeating myself, but there's codes of ethics for a reason. people get hurt and suffer and sometimes even worse, like in this case. no point in suggesting otherwise. if this radio show was more responsible, stuck to the ethics of their profession, it wouldn't have happened. shoddy at best, but i'm leaning more towards irresponsible... they do know better, rather than they should know better. they've form for being unethical as we've seen.

were all fcuked now, the British House of Commons is being quoted!!!!lol!!

trileacman

Quote from: Main Street on December 07, 2012, 09:00:09 PM
By the sounds of it,  these radio presenters will have as hard a time as any Johnny Foreigner ref who dared give a questionable decision against an English team.

I don't think the media is being xenophobic, if it were a British radio station who pulled the stunt they'd be in the shithouse as well.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014