Honest man

Started by orangeman, December 06, 2012, 01:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

How many of us would hand in the cash ?

A BUS driver who found a bag containing €390,000 handed the money over to police, who tracked down the elderly woman who had left her fortune behind.

The Austrian driver, identified by the Vienna transport authority only as Wolfgang R, was inspecting his vehicle at the end of the line when he found the bag in a seat behind the driver's.

"At first I thought it was shopping or medicine," he said. However, when he opened the bag he found a collection of €500 notes staring back at him.

Police in the Austrian capital used a bank deposit slip inside the bag to trace the owner. There was no word on whether the woman had given the honest driver a reward.

thewobbler

I don't know, but I'd guess there's none of us have ever had a bag with €390k in it, let alone taken the risk of bringing such a valuable bag onto public transport system, let alone be careless enough to leave it behind. The world is an odd place.

orangeman

Quote from: thewobbler on December 06, 2012, 01:27:49 PM
I don't know, but I'd guess there's none of us have ever had a bag with €390k in it, let alone taken the risk of bringing such a valuable bag onto public transport system, let alone be careless enough to leave it behind. The world is an odd place.

A few years ago in one of the big banks, there were loads of bags with millions of euros in them, men were simply walking out the door with them.

Some boys even went and threw them in the bin and started burning the notes allegedly.

There were holdalls full of cash.

Great stuff altogether.

And not a word about it.

johnneycool

Quote from: orangeman on December 06, 2012, 01:38:24 PM

A few years ago in one of the big banks, there were loads of bags with millions of euros in them, men were simply walking out the door with them.

Some boys even went and threw them in the bin and started burning the notes allegedly.

Great stuff altogether.

And not a word about it.

Sounds like the Northern bank

deiseach

Quote from: orangeman on December 06, 2012, 01:20:50 PM

I genuinely think most people would. If nothing else, you'd know it would be missed. If someone left the best part of €400k on a bus, the first door the police would knock on asking where it had gone would be that of the bus driver. "How did I come by the Ferrari on a bus driver's salary? Er..."

thewobbler

Quote from: orangeman on December 06, 2012, 01:38:24 PM

Great stuff altogether.

And not a word about it.

Sounds like Anglo, except the money never made it into paper format, let alone into a holdall.

orangeman

Quote from: deiseach on December 06, 2012, 01:50:05 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 06, 2012, 01:20:50 PM

I genuinely think most people would. If nothing else, you'd know it would be missed. If someone left the best part of €400k on a bus, the first door the police would knock on asking where it had gone would be that of the bus driver. "How did I come by the Ferrari on a bus driver's salary? Er..."

You're probably right.

Some temptation all the same.

T Fearon

Not in the same league I know, but about 5 years ago I lost my wallet on the street,with about 300 euros and 200 stg in it, and it was handed into the local police station with every penny remaining. More honest people about than you think