Budget 2013

Started by Donnellys Hollow, December 04, 2012, 04:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

He must have been cutting/pasting from Brian Lenihan's speech circa 2009  ;D
Why does Muppet or anyone else need a pension of over 60,000 per annum ?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ulick

Batten down the hatches, hold onto your children, avoid supermarket car parks, the Mexicans are invading again.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Ulick on December 05, 2012, 06:39:17 PM
Batten down the hatches, hold onto your children, avoid supermarket car parks, the Mexicans are invading again.
Shopping for another nuclear holocaust that won't happen.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 05, 2012, 05:12:16 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on December 05, 2012, 05:05:20 PM
No big dramas in the budget today then? I was expecting worse.
Also the wine tax is a masterstroke it's all anyone seems to be talking about, not the property tax, not the PRSI etc etc but the bloody €1 on a bottle a wine that you can choose to buy or not!

Does that include Buckfast?

magpie seanie

Please God let the govt fall. This is not a workable plan, never mind fair.

comethekingdom

See they went really hard on the politicians! All expenses to be vouched and leaders allowances cut by 10 percent!👿

muppet

Quote from: Rossfan on December 05, 2012, 06:31:00 PM
He must have been cutting/pasting from Brian Lenihan's speech circa 2009  ;D
Why does Muppet or anyone else need a pension of over 60,000 per annum ?

I don't need a €60,000 pension, I simply choose to fund one myself rather than wait for handouts.

I chose to fund it so that if I die my wife will get half of it to live on and look after my kids.

€60,000 when I retire will worth maybe €45,000 in today's money and if I live for 20 years it will be worth far less.

MWWSI 2017

lawnseed

mings post budget speech was brilliant. mattie mcgrath... sweet geez needed subtitles how does this guy get elected.. ffs how does enda get elected? sheep.. bah
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

Quote from: lawnseed on December 05, 2012, 11:33:21 PM
mings post budget speech was brilliant. mattie mcgrath... sweet geez needed subtitles how does this guy get elected.. ffs how does enda get elected? sheep.. bah

I must admit I had a good laugh at Sean Fleming complaining that they didn't follow Fianna Fail's 'way':

http://www.fiannafail.ie/news/entry/dail-budget-speech-by-fianna-fail-spokesperson-on-public-expenditure-and-re/
MWWSI 2017

Declan

Declan

QuoteIf I was 10 years younger and not married with kids I would be gone out of here in a shot. Now I just have to suck it up and get on with it knowing our society is build on systematic inequality.

Lots more like you as well Seanie. The old Irish solution of emigration is now our main plank of policy when it comes to strategy for the next generation. Sickening.

Shamrock Shore

OK - the budget is one thing. A PR spin.

Wait for the Finance Act 2013 for the real savagery.

the Deel Rover

Any one else pissed off when they saw Noonan and the Fianna fail spokesperson for finance laughing their way through their discussion on the budget like it was some sort of Comedy show .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

seafoid

From the Irish economy website

There was an interesting study done recently for the Department of Social welfare on this issue. I noticed one table that the authors barely mentioned. Its on Page 28
http://www.socialinclusion.ie/documents/2012-10-15_DSPFoodPovertyPaper_001.pdf
18-30 years 16%
31-40 years 13%
41-50 years 11%
51-60 years 10%
61+ years 5%
The HRP for young people is 3 times higher 16% than for older people 5%.
This is a very dramatic change in a short period of time and is a direct result of social welfare policy. In the 2006 census 56% of people in the lowest decile were over 65. In 2011 it was only 24%
The basic rate of social welfare has had either a dramatic change or remained static depending on your age between 2007 and 2011.
Older people have been protected (old age pension has actually gone up about 10%) and younger people have had cuts of up to 47%
The cut in child benefit yesterday for even the poorest families continues that trend of attacking the young disproportionately.

Canalman

Quote from: seafoid on December 06, 2012, 11:28:35 AM
From the Irish economy website

There was an interesting study done recently for the Department of Social welfare on this issue. I noticed one table that the authors barely mentioned. Its on Page 28
http://www.socialinclusion.ie/documents/2012-10-15_DSPFoodPovertyPaper_001.pdf
18-30 years 16%
31-40 years 13%
41-50 years 11%
51-60 years 10%
61+ years 5%
The HRP for young people is 3 times higher 16% than for older people 5%.
This is a very dramatic change in a short period of time and is a direct result of social welfare policy. In the 2006 census 56% of people in the lowest decile were over 65. In 2011 it was only 24%
The basic rate of social welfare has had either a dramatic change or remained static depending on your age between 2007 and 2011.
Older people have been protected (old age pension has actually gone up about 10%) and younger people have had cuts of up to 47%
The cut in child benefit yesterday for even the poorest families continues that trend of attacking the young disproportionately.

In a way Seafóid it is democracy at its purest. The pensioners or those nearing that age vote in high numbers and regularly in all elections. They also tend to converge on TD clinics when aggrieved and definitely carry more clout than any other demographic.