Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack

Started by Maurice Moss, December 04, 2012, 02:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: red hander on December 21, 2012, 06:54:05 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on December 21, 2012, 06:32:41 PM
6 land rovers full of peelers at ballygawley roundabout. Looks like they plan to keep it open.

Probably need six Land Rovers to collect the Chinese takeaway order on a Friday night... I'm sure it's more to do with that than with doing their job

They are brave boys if they go to the chinkys in ballygawley.  It's stinken.

red hander

Quote from: EC Unique on December 21, 2012, 07:16:47 PM
Quote from: red hander on December 21, 2012, 06:54:05 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on December 21, 2012, 06:32:41 PM
6 land rovers full of peelers at ballygawley roundabout. Looks like they plan to keep it open.

Probably need six Land Rovers to collect the Chinese takeaway order on a Friday night... I'm sure it's more to do with that than with doing their job

They are brave boys if they go to the chinkys in ballygawley.  It's stinken.

Well, if their 'bravery' against the loyalist scumbags is anything to go by, there's no way they'll risk it  :P

Newbridge Exile

See Zoe Salmon must have hired herself a PR person , all her recent tweets about the city hall flag has been deleted,

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Newbridge Exile on December 21, 2012, 11:01:48 PM
See Zoe Salmon must have hired herself a PR person , all her recent tweets about the city hall flag has been deleted,
I searched for her on Twitter to check it out and some fella had a tweet "Every time I see Rory McIlroy I think of the night he fingerbanged Zoe Salmon in Milk"! ;D

comethekingdom

See where they were reporting a bumper weekend (the best for years) for retailers in the south partly due to the fact that Belfast trade is down due to the road blocks and protests. Also the north has got very dear apparantly for most stuff and its not worth peoples while goin up there from the rest of the country.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: comethekingdom on December 23, 2012, 01:53:05 PM
See where they were reporting a bumper weekend (the best for years) for retailers in the south partly due to the fact that Belfast trade is down due to the road blocks and protests. Also the north has got very dear apparantly for most stuff and its not worth peoples while goin up there from the rest of the country.

Yep, I reckon Dublin was behind the protests, hardly a southern car to be seen for miles over the last few weeks apparently!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Gaffer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 21, 2012, 11:19:07 PM
Quote from: Newbridge Exile on December 21, 2012, 11:01:48 PM
I searched for her on Twitter to check it out and some fella had a tweet "Every time I see Rory McIlroy I think of the night he fingerbanged Zoe Salmon in Milk"! ;D

Hole in one!! Good man Rory !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

armaghniac

QuoteI searched for her on Twitter to check it out and some fella had a tweet "Every time I see Rory McIlroy I think of the night he fingerbanged Zoe Salmon in Milk"!

Does this mean Milk the night club, or does Zoe Salmon have a Cleopatra complex?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Tony Baloney

Quote from: armaghniac on December 23, 2012, 03:55:07 PM
QuoteI searched for her on Twitter to check it out and some fella had a tweet "Every time I see Rory McIlroy I think of the night he fingerbanged Zoe Salmon in Milk"!

Does this mean Milk the night club, or does Zoe Salmon have a Cleopatra complex?
She made a real ass of herself...

T Fearon

A new twist to the protest today.Roads were blocked by fallen trees

AZOffaly

Quote from: T Fearon on December 23, 2012, 10:00:37 PM
A new twist to the protest today.Roads were blocked by fallen trees

The UVF said they planted them.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on December 23, 2012, 02:52:09 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on December 23, 2012, 01:53:05 PM

Yep, I reckon Dublin was behind the protests, hardly a southern car to be seen for miles over the last few weeks apparently!  ;)

Good news this, keep spending in the 26
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

GalwayBayBoy

Should be a good day out.

More than 150 loyalists are to descend on Dublin to demand that the Irish government remove the Tricolour.

Angry protesters say they are offended by the flag and want it removed from the Houses of the Oireachtas, at the city's Leinster House.

The cross-border protest follows weeks of anger, riots and protests right across Northern Ireland since the removal of the Union flag at Belfast City Hall on December 3.

On Saturday less than 100 protesters demonstrated outside Belfast City Hall amid a heavy police presence.

It passed without incident and there was no disruption to traffic.

The Dublin campaign is set to take place in early January and could be held under the banner of the new 'People's Forum', a group being set up by grass-root loyalists.

The forum is to rival the government's Unionist Forum, announced by First Minister Peter Robinson and UUP leader Mike Nesbitt last week. Victim's campaigner William Frazer says those attending will also be voicing their opposition to the Taoiseach's "interference" in the province.

"We are going to hold a small, peaceful protest in Dublin and it's not solely about the flags issue.

"It's also about the Irish government's interference with inquiries here," he said.

In November Irish Prime Minister Enda Kennedy said he will tell the UK government and European leaders there is a need for a public inquiry into the murder of Belfast solicitor Pat Finucane.

"Enda Kenny needs to keep his nose out of our affairs," added Mr Frazer.

"We understand that people may be upset that we are coming down to ask that their country's flag be removed, but perhaps they will understand what it has been like for us."

Similar street protests have been taking place across Northern Ireland for almost a month.

They began on 3 December, when Belfast City Council voted to fly the flag on designated days rather than all year round.

Sinn Fein and the SDLP wanted to remove the flag completely but backed a compromise motion, proposed by the Alliance party.

The motion was passed by 29 votes to 21.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/loyalist-flag-protesters-to-target-oireachtas-tricolour-in-dublin-16255998.html#ixzz2Ge1XYJ2S

T Fearon

More than likely Fraser and his nutty friends will be ushered into Leinster House
for an hour long meeting with Kenny,instead of being completely ignored. :'(

T Fearon

A wag on twitter has just tweeted that Willie Frazer has been spotted protesting outside the Italian embassy in Dublin!  ;D :D :D :D ;D