Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack

Started by Maurice Moss, December 04, 2012, 02:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

When the US secretary of state arrives in town, that is kind of a big deal.  Certainly bigger than a bloody flag.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Rossfan on December 06, 2012, 08:24:17 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 06, 2012, 05:56:36 PM
Mr Robinson said he wanted a "shared future" but added that this would not involve a "diminution of our Britishness".

"People's right to protest is justified and legitimate and should be defended," he said.
A shared future provided Unionists are let do what they like when they like to whoever they like.
A lot of masks slipping in Unionist ranks these days as they pander to the lowest common denominator.

Certain posters very noticeable by their absence on this subject  ::)

Yup. Also interesting how quickly they resort to child abuse as a "form of legitimate protest."  And it always seems to be young girls that are targetted. Something definitely sick going on in the minds of these neanderthals.*

*Apologies to any neanderthals that might still be around. I hear they were quite a sociable species by all accounts.

Rossfan

And to think how Mary McAleese was abused when she said "some people" hate Catholics !!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2012, 07:10:47 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on December 05, 2012, 11:26:32 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 05, 2012, 11:18:34 PM
The Shining 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTvFC7QNc0Q&sns=tw

love it  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Class, even the kids I teach (wee Protestants) laughed their heads off when I put it on the overhead projector in class!! Brilliant

Some 38,000 viewings so far.
But I've watched it about 100 times myself.

armaghniac

Perhaps they should get a few more fire extinguishers  for the Census office before next week. These rioters might be the type that would shoot the messenger.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 06, 2012, 08:03:09 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on December 06, 2012, 03:20:16 PM
Quote from: orangeman on December 05, 2012, 10:26:38 PM
Did i read somewhere today that former Larne SDLP mayor is thinking of joining the DUP as he reckons the DUP represents his faith better ?

What next ?

He's a former UDR man. Which says it all about the d**khead.

The fact that he would put an imaginary deity ahead of a United Ireland or the values of Republicanism says it all about him.
I read the article - he said he'd still vote for a united Ireland!

Itchy

Quote from: Main Street on December 06, 2012, 09:02:37 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2012, 07:10:47 PM
Quote from: lawnseed on December 05, 2012, 11:26:32 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 05, 2012, 11:18:34 PM
The Shining 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTvFC7QNc0Q&sns=tw

love it  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Class, even the kids I teach (wee Protestants) laughed their heads off when I put it on the overhead projector in class!! Brilliant

Some 38,000 viewings so far.
But I've watched it about 100 times myself.

This whole mess was worth it just for that video!

nifan

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 06, 2012, 08:36:44 PM
When the US secretary of state arrives in town, that is kind of a big deal.  Certainly bigger than a bloody flag.

Of course its more important than a stupid flag, but it is it more important than trying to sort out whats actually happening which is far beyond that? Ignoring it cos clinton is here is hardly ideal.

red hander

Quote from: nifan on December 06, 2012, 10:04:23 PM

Of course its more important than a stupid flag, but it is it more important than trying to sort out whats actually happening which is far beyond that? Ignoring it cos clinton is here is hardly ideal.

It'll never be sorted out, and the current 'peace' and no amount of bullshit about a CSI strategy will change that. What we are seeing from loyalists is what we see each time from loyalists whenever nationalists have sought parity in their own land -  violence and intimidation born out of a pathetic sense of supremacy. You'd think they'd get the message by now that the croppies aren't for lying down

Tony Baloney

Quote from: red hander on December 06, 2012, 10:33:19 PM

It'll never be sorted out, and the current 'peace' and no amount of bullshit about a CSI strategy will change that. What we are seeing from loyalists is what we see each time from loyalists whenever nationalists have sought parity in their own land -  violence and intimidation born out of a pathetic sense of supremacy. You'd think they'd get the message by now that the croppies aren't for lying down
+1. The case isn't helped by pathetic rabble-rousing Unionist politicians.

Minder

You are right red hander, and when you think of all the patronising shite you listen to, and the money dished out to rogues on both sides, about a "shared future" and "reconciliation" when hardy comes to hardy things will never change with a party like the DUP about.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

trileacman

Quote from: Minder on December 06, 2012, 10:49:29 PM

You are right red hander, and when you think of all the patronising shite you listen to, and the money dished out to rogues on both sides, about a "shared future" and "reconciliation" when hardy comes to hardy things will never change with a party like the DUP about.
More than a party, the unionist air of entitlement is ingrained into a fair proportion of their electorate. Gonna have to wait for these f**kers to just die off unfortunately. Seen this on the Holylands page on fb.

Sittin in the house on Cairo street watchin the news stoned. I asked my housemate skins 'what do u think of the whole flag issue skins'.. To which he stirred blankly, paused and replied 'lad I don't give enough of a f**k to give a f**k'. Skins o'donnell- the symbol of a shared future.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

imtommygunn

The whole thing is a big embarassment.

So now we have the health minister saying now it will be discussed how often the flag will be flown at stormont. What we have there is a point scoring exercise that you'd expect from a spoilt child. How about discussing our health system mr health minister and doing the job you're paid to do.

Every so often you get too used to normality in this place and some bunch of pricks somewhere have to remind you that we are far from normal yet.

Nally Stand

Around 100 good loyal sons of Ulster have made an illegal procession towards the town tonight and are currently illegally blocking the town's bypass. Police standing aside and allowing it.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore