Belfast rioting over removal of Union Jack

Started by Maurice Moss, December 04, 2012, 02:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Main Street on March 05, 2013, 05:00:35 PM
The only thing you need to know is that Stew is about to reach for his shotgun.

A I don't have one,never did and B I have a small caliber pistola.

Why would I need a gun? 

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Milltown Row2

Or maybe he's homesick? You're not missing much.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Main Street

Quote from: stew on March 05, 2013, 05:32:46 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 05, 2013, 05:00:35 PM
The only thing you need to know is that Stew is about to reach for his shotgun.

A I don't have one,never did and B I have a small caliber pistola.

Why would I need a gun?
A small caliber pistola? that would be a pea shooter and not a gun, per se?

muppet

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/rankin-closes-flagship-restaurant-29155794.html

Celebrity chef Paul Rankin, who once owned a string of eateries across Ireland, blamed the continuing Union flag protests for his decision to close his flagship restaurant,
MWWSI 2017

take_yer_points

Quote from: muppet on March 26, 2013, 02:04:43 PM
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/rankin-closes-flagship-restaurant-29155794.html

Celebrity chef Paul Rankin, who once owned a string of eateries across Ireland, blamed the continuing Union flag protests for his decision to close his flagship restaurant,

Did he?

"The once 'golden mile' of Belfast has suffered badly from a lack of regeneration and a general decline in popularity and appearance, even the Ulster Bank with its gable end statues across from us is to close shortly," he added.

"Location is key in the restaurant business, particularly at a time of economic downturn, and our current setting is no longer sustainable. The disturbances around the flag protest, particularly during the Christmas period, also confirmed our decision."

I think he blamed the lack of regeneration in the area and the economic downturn to an extent. Sounds like the fleg protests only confirmed his decision.

Rois

That's a load of rubbish.

His lease is up on his last remaining restaurant in Belfast (the rest shut due to economic pressures BEFORE the flag protests) and since he opened down there the Cathedral Quarter etc has taken off, leaving his restaurant in an area that is no longer attractive (if it ever was - it is right beside Sandy Row and just down the block from the NI Supporters Club). 

I'm sure the flag protests weren't good for his business, but it is also a restaurant at the upper end of the scale in Belfast and would have been impacted long before the flag protests.  It is an easy excuse now to give for his badly performing restaurant. 

Oraisteach

On a side note, how are the fleggers holding up under the barrage of snow, or, in solidarity with their brothers, are they remaining indoors?  Is it a case of  "No Surrender" or "No Brrrrrrrender"?

Orior

A senior Orange Order cleric complained yesterday that the Unionist Forum was a useless pile of shite (or words to that effect).

As all good upstanding prods had hoped, the protests seem to be slowly fizzling out. It has left us with a plethora of huge british flags littering all the main highways, which is good, because for a while there I thought I was living in Ireland.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ziggysego

I've heard a whisper of another protest in Omagh on Thursday evening. Don't know if it'll amount to anything.
Testing Accessibility

EC Unique

Quote from: ziggysego on March 26, 2013, 04:43:23 PM
I've heard a whisper of another protest in Omagh on Thursday evening. Don't know if it'll amount to anything.

With temperatures around zero I would doubt if it will amount to much!

Itchy

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rois on March 26, 2013, 02:46:09 PM
That's a load of rubbish.

His lease is up on his last remaining restaurant in Belfast (the rest shut due to economic pressures BEFORE the flag protests) and since he opened down there the Cathedral Quarter etc has taken off, leaving his restaurant in an area that is no longer attractive (if it ever was - it is right beside Sandy Row and just down the block from the NI Supporters Club). 

I'm sure the flag protests weren't good for his business, but it is also a restaurant at the upper end of the scale in Belfast and would have been impacted long before the flag protests.  It is an easy excuse now to give for his badly performing restaurant.
He should have converted it to an ethnic Scottish Restaurant, selling deep fried mars bars, scotch pies and vintage Irn Bru...staple diet of the locals!

never kickt a ball

DESIGNATED DAYS FOR FLYING THE UNION FLAG*

*Source Department of Culture, Media and Sport and subject to review

20 January Birthday of The Countess of Wessex

6 February Her Majesty's Accession

19 February Birthday of The Duke of York

14 March Commonwealth Day (second Monday in March)

10 March Birthday of The Earl of Wessex

17 March St Patrick's Day

21 April Birthday of Her Majesty The Queen

9 May Europe Day

2 June Coronation Day

10 June Birthday of The Duke of Edinburgh

11 June Official Celebration of Her Majesty's Birthday

17 July Birthday of The Duchess of Cornwall

15 August Birthday of The Princess Royal

13 November Remembrance Day (second Sunday)

14 November Birthday of The Prince of Wales

20 November Her Majesty's Wedding Day

Opening of Parliament by HM The Queen

Closing of Parliament by HM The Queen

22nd July. 

EC Unique

I take it if one of them pops their clogs then the date of their birthday/wedding anniversary etc is removed from the list?

muppet

Quote from: EC Unique on July 23, 2013, 09:35:00 AM
I take it if one of them pops their clogs then the date of their birthday/wedding anniversary etc is removed from the list?

Nope, they will be frozen and taken out every year and paraded on their traditional day on their traditional route, until someone accidentally defrosts them.
MWWSI 2017