Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band, Ireland, July 2013

Started by Sandino, November 28, 2012, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

10 out of 10 my son, great concert, if u been there at 6.15, it took 15mins for the bar
lol

Newbridge Exile

I was in at 6 and got served in 10-15 mins , next time was a different story, first time I had saw him in concert and wasn'tdisappointed

Wildweasel74

1st Time too, Newbridge exile, should u not been at the Derry game the nite like myself lol

michaelg

'The Boss' is not in the same league as Neil Young - Just saying.

gallsman

Quote from: michaelg on July 21, 2013, 01:36:44 AM

Neil Young was shite in the RDS last month.

Absolutely loved it. Disappointed not to hear Jungleland but there were some absolute tests in there, Nebraska in particular.

The Worker

David McKeown

Certainly the best gig of the week last night and one of the best Springsteen gigs I was ever at. A great night all together. Even my long walk home after didn't spoil it for me.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

michaelg

Quote from: gallsman on July 21, 2013, 06:27:50 AM

Absolutely loved it. Disappointed not to hear Jungleland but there were some absolute tests in there, Nebraska in particular.
From reviews I read, sounded like the RDS was a shite venue.  Also, weather wasn't great too.  Saw Neil Young 2 days before in Glasgow and he was first class.

Minder

Quote from: michaelg on July 21, 2013, 11:43:04 AM

From reviews I read, sounded like the RDS was a shite venue.  Also, weather wasn't great too.  Saw Neil Young 2 days before in Glasgow and he was first class.

I think the problem with the Neil Young concert was people went along expecting a "greatest hits" playlist and he played songs that some of them hadn't heard of.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

J70

What are you, 12?

I love Neil Young too, but rating live performers is not an exercise in scientific objectivity.

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on July 21, 2013, 11:57:12 AM
Quote from: michaelg on July 21, 2013, 11:43:04 AM

I think the problem with the Neil Young concert was people went along expecting a "greatest hits" playlist and he played songs that some of them hadn't heard of.

Nah, it was the fact that Neil Young basically gave the crowd the finger and had a jam with his mates. Ten minute outros to every song etc.

Tony Baloney

Did he have anything to say about the current malaise in county hurling and football? Not even a "Mon a Saffrons"?

michaelg

Quote from: J70 on July 21, 2013, 12:58:22 PM

What are you, 12?

I love Neil Young too, but rating live performers is not an exercise in scientific objectivity.
Fair point, well made.  Have just never really got into Springsteen's music.

tyroneman

Bar set up was the worst I have ever experienced. Saw Springsteen in Dublin and could get served in 15min. Mising Up to an hour and a half is a joke when you have paid near 80quid.

Complete joke and won't be back.

Sound was sh!te and all.

Bruce was was excellent tbf.