Scór Congress

Started by scorardmhacha, November 12, 2012, 06:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scorardmhacha

Are all the Scór people aware that the tri-annual Scór congress has been "discontinued" with immediate effect?  Apparently this decision has been made already by Coiste Bainisti.

Eamonnca1

scorardmhacha

Who knows! Apparently An Uachtarán has decide this. I can't see the logic behind it myself!

Sportacus

Is there not a new national committee?  Maybe they want to take it forward some other way. As good as it is, there's never any harm in shaking up how things are done - maybe some other process will emerge? 

Oldira

To me it looks like very senior members of the GAA hierarchy want to completely revamp scór and get rid of the quiz and novelty acts on the grounds the competitors tend to be the more rowdy and drinking sorts and that does not sit well with certain more abstemious people. 

theticklemister

Quote from: Oldira on February 26, 2013, 02:34:30 PM
To me it looks like very senior members of the GAA hierarchy want to completely revamp scór and get rid of the quiz and novelty acts on the grounds the competitors tend to be the more rowdy and drinking sorts and that does not sit well with certain more abstemious people.

That sounds like a joke!!! Those damn rowdy quizzers and actors/actresses!!!

No drink is allowed in the same hall when Scor is taking place anyway so that should be no issue.