Seán Óg Ó hAilpín retires again

Started by Premier Emperor, November 02, 2012, 08:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Premier Emperor

Seán Óg Ó hAilpín retires

Cork legend Seán Óg Ó hAilpín has announced his retirement from inter-county hurling.

In a statement issued through the Gaelic Players Association, he confirmed that his 16-year career is over.

Ó hAilpín retired in 2010, but returned last year to re-establish himself in the team. He insisted, however, his decision this time is final.

"This time it's for good. I always felt it was premature to end my career in 2010. It was great to get the opportunity this year to re-establish myself in the team and contribute in a meaningful way to Cork," he said.

"I would like to thank all the players I played with over my sixteen year career. I have always taken immense pride in wearing the Cork jersey and representing the county I love. I wish the Cork team the best of luck and success in their future endeavours."

Ó hAilpín won five Munster SFC medals and three All-Irelands, and was voted Hurler of the Year in 2004.

Premier Emperor

He must be trying to break DJ Carey's record for retiring!

seafoid

Quote from: Premier Emperor on November 02, 2012, 08:45:58 PM
Seán Óg Ó hAilpín retires

Cork legend Seán Óg Ó hAilpín has announced his retirement from inter-county hurling.

In a statement issued through the Gaelic Players Association, he confirmed that his 16-year career is over.

Ó hAilpín retired in 2010, but returned last year to re-establish himself in the team. He insisted, however, his decision this time is final.

"This time it's for good. I always felt it was premature to end my career in 2010. It was great to get the opportunity this year to re-establish myself in the team and contribute in a meaningful way to Cork," he said.

"I would like to thank all the players I played with over my sixteen year career. I have always taken immense pride in wearing the Cork jersey and representing the county I love. I wish the Cork team the best of luck and success in their future endeavours."

Ó hAilpín won five Munster SFC medals and three All-Irelands, and was voted Hurler of the Year in 2004.
SHC surely?

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard