Leinster Club Football Championships 2012

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2012, 11:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All of a Sludden

Quote from: spuds on October 30, 2012, 08:44:20 PM
Who were the last Leinster champions from Meath ?

Dunshaughlin beat Mattock Rangers in the 2002 Leinster final.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Declan

QuoteThey're dogged but the standard isn't neccesarily poor

I dunno Seas the Stars - I was at the Dublin final on Sunday and it was a world of difference from what I saw in Navan on Sunday. Looking at some other games during the year as well and I'm finding it hard to remember one that stood out. However as you say O'Mahony's might fancy their chances alright but can't see it myself.

QuoteDunshaughlin beat Mattock Rangers in the 2002 Leinster final.

Great memories of that 3 in a row team -  Some "battles" with Rathnew  ;) Hard to believe its 10 years though

Shamrock Shore

Great win for Killoe who surprised me by beating Navan O'Mahoneys. Semi final now v Portlaoise.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 11, 2012, 03:57:22 PM
Great win for Killoe who surprised me by beating Navan O'Mahoneys. Semi final now v Portlaoise.

I didn't see that coming ...  Fair play indeed.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Milltown Row2

Portlaoise will be hard to beat this year, some scores they are knocking out lately
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

INDIANA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 11, 2012, 04:59:18 PM
Portlaoise will be hard to beat this year, some scores they are knocking out lately

they say that every year

Sea The Stars

I'm disappointed to see the Meath reps in the Leinster Champ[ionship crash at the first hurdle yet again. Well done to Killoe of Longford....from the scoreline it looks like it was a convincing victory. I wonder about O'Mahonys though - massive underachievers even accounting for their success in the Meath SFC this year.

Jinxy

In general I think a club team needs to be reasonably dominant within their own county to do well at provincial level.
There are exceptions to the rule, but it's no coincidence that the last team we had that were competitive at the highest level were Dunshaughlin.
Dublin is probably a bit different in that the general standard of their championship is pretty high which makes it very difficult for any one team to dominate.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Sea The Stars

I agree Jinxy. Going back as far as 2002, Dunshaughlin, Dunboyne, Skyrne*2, Blackhall Gaels, Navan O'Mahonys*2, Summerhill, Senchalstown*2 and Wolfe Tones have all won the Meath SFC. I think Meath's poor record at senior club level could lie in the fact that every year a different champion is crowned and they are satisfied to end their efforts there and then. 

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Shamrock Shore

As far as I know DH

Portlaoise v Killoe will surely be in Mullingar.

North Longford

emmetryan

It was home venues all the way to the final for a few years. Last year's final however was in Tullamore, when it was Garrycastle and Brigid's.
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Billys Boots

Quote from: Jinxy on November 11, 2012, 09:00:23 PM
In general I think a club team needs to be reasonably dominant within their own county to do well at provincial level.
There are exceptions to the rule, but it's no coincidence that the last team we had that were competitive at the highest level were Dunshaughlin.
Dublin is probably a bit different in that the general standard of their championship is pretty high which makes it very difficult for any one team to dominate.

Killoe were very much surprise winners in Longford this year. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Declan

QuoteGreat win for Killoe who surprised me by beating Navan O'Mahoneys

Result not really a surprise to me but the margin of victory certainly was