beards, goaties, smigs, and moustashes

Started by lawnseed, October 14, 2012, 10:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

seems like modern man has less hair on head and less on his face. any historical programme you watch features men with facial hair of some type. huge beards seem to be the norm around the founding of the gaa. so whats the story do you have a facial decoration maybe a little tuft under you bottom lip...? is your beard grey? do you spend time trimming..? or do you just have the mickey hart growth. its been suggested that a group of lads grow beards for charity and shave around christmas. have you done it.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

stew

I have to be clean shaved all the time, I detest the feel of 5 o'clock shadow and the next time I have facial hair will be the first time.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Eamonnca1

Tried growing a beard once and it itched like hell and I had a hard time keeping it clean, caused a lot of acne under there. Never again.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 14, 2012, 11:56:48 PM
Tried growing a beard once and it itched like hell and I had a hard time keeping it clean, caused a lot of acne under there. Never again.

It's usually the oppsite grow a beard to stop the itch and cover the acne. I like a bit of stubble myself.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 15, 2012, 12:01:46 AM

It's usually the oppsite grow a beard to stop the itch and cover the acne. I like a bit of stubble myself.
George Michael must be your ideal man!

omagh_gael

Id grow the beard for 8 weeks the odd time then spend an hour shaving it off in as many different patterns as  possible. My life's one rollercoaster after another.

ziggysego

I grew a beard around this time last year. Had a nightmare keeping it clean. After 6 months, the bloody thing turned ginger. It had to come off then.
Testing Accessibility

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 15, 2012, 12:05:06 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 15, 2012, 12:01:46 AM

George Michael must be your ideal man!

Yeah a bit of Father figure.

Armaghgeddon

Ive just shaved my heard after 2 weeks, just wasn't for me.

dillinger

Quote from: ziggysego on October 15, 2012, 12:17:01 AM
I grew a beard around this time last year. Had a nightmare keeping it clean. After 6 months, the bloody thing turned ginger. It had to come off then.
Same , only time i grew a beard and it was ginger. Guess i got it from my Mum.

DownFanatic

Had a bard since I twas 17. Never looked back since...

Orior

My goatee is only there to give the impression that I have a chin.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Iceman

I have a full beard now since 2007. Had a bit of a goatee on and off at Uni or when I was 16 and trying to get into the Arena.
Thankfully my woman likes a beard on me - it's great to not have to shave every day.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

rosnarun

Quote from: Orior on October 15, 2012, 10:34:31 AM
My goatee is only there to give the impression that I have a chin.
something similar with me except it to  give the impression i have only one
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Puckoon

Grew a beard by default in the spring when I was too lazy to shave for a few weeks, have not been allowed shave it off since.

Trimmed down to a very guy fawkes 'stache and soul patch for a week and was almost kicked out of the house.

No problems with itching or acne and only having to shave the neck once or twice a week is great.