Banty For Roscommon

Started by Farneylawd2011, October 09, 2012, 08:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farneylawd2011

Have heard that he is the main man for the job.Is this true ???

commonman

local word is that Gerry Fahey is to be appointed

Shamrock Shore

Shame there isn't already a three page thread on this  :-\

Syferus

The Ros deserves many threads dedicated to their honour. Much better than another thread about junior C Armagh club football.

saffronandblue

I heard myself that John O'Mahoney has been offered the job some time back.  He is obviously taking his time making up his mind.  The longer he dwells on the decision, the more it looks like he doesn't want the role.  Time will tell.  Ross have some good talent to work with so it would be an attractive job.

Rossfan

Quote from: Farneylawd2011 on October 09, 2012, 08:19:16 PM

Goway outa that and wind up some other crowd  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on October 09, 2012, 09:14:04 PM

Why not Banty?

Syferus

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on October 09, 2012, 09:54:16 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 09, 2012, 09:33:56 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 09, 2012, 09:14:04 PM

Why not Banty?

We're waiting for Horan.

Ye ruined the last Mayoman that ye brought in to manage ye. Still has to get his mojo back.
I reckon Banty would be better.

ross4life

Quote from: moysider on August 03, 2012, 01:24:04 AM
Quote from: ross4life on August 03, 2012, 01:06:30 AM
Quote from: moysider on August 03, 2012, 12:54:37 AM

So Banty has gone. Who s idea was he in Meath ffs!

And he had an appearance tonight with Pat Spillane, Eamonn O Hara, Spillane and Val Andrews.

Christ, but 'winging it', assertive and ignorant all at the same time is a bad mix. Who in Meath ever thought he would be a good idea. When he had to comment on games outside his zone he was embarrassing. That shit tonight was another low for RTE. Only Andrews had a bit of anything about him.

Banty is a strange chap, at the start of tonight's show he complains to Spillane about comments said on the Sunday game then later in the show he said he didn't care what other people had to say as he would always ignore it.

Strange is not the word for it. Never saw him having to join the dots before tonight but that was something. I didn t thing he was exactly compos mentis the last day on the line during the later stages of the Laois match but tonight was different.

He s a f**king conman. There was a lad on here earlier that wants him to manage his county team. MOG.

And why not Banty you ask now hmm...
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

moysider

Quote from: saffronandblue on October 09, 2012, 09:13:27 PM
I heard myself that John O'Mahoney has been offered the job some time back.  He is obviously taking his time making up his mind.  The longer he dwells on the decision, the more it looks like he doesn't want the role.  Time will tell.  Ross have some good talent to work with so it would be an attractive job.

Jaysus, wouldn t that be something. They can hardly be that .........

The thing that I find unbelievable in that is that senior people in the Ros board even considered doing this.

As a Mayoman I sincerely hope he accepts the gig. Chist if they think Sir John was bad.......... ;D

Rossfan

Quote from: moysider on October 09, 2012, 10:04:26 PM
Quote from: saffronandblue on October 09, 2012, 09:13:27 PM

Jaysus, wouldn t that be something. They can hardly be that .........

The thing that I find unbelievable in that is that senior people in the Ros board even considered doing this.

I don't think they did to be honest. It's just the rumour mill when there's no white smoke  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

John O'Mahoney rumour mill is a load of nonsense. He doesn't have the time for inter county football anymore. Anyways he's still and forever will be a better manager than the tanned one.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

commonman

gerry fahey seems to be the only name in the frame - not sure what to make of that to be honest

Syferus

Quote from: commonman on October 09, 2012, 10:24:45 PM
gerry fahey seems to be the only name in the frame - not sure what to make of that to be honest

On what planet? There's more names and 'tips' than there are footballs in the county right now.