Jimmy McGuinness

Started by here comes 6, September 27, 2012, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea The Stars

Rumours that some panel members have walked out on Jim McGuinness.

drici

There were persistent rumours in Donegal today (Wednesday) that Kilcar's Mark McHugh was no longer part of the Donegal panel.

However, when contacted McHugh would not confirm that he had left the panel. He said that he was waiting to talk to Jim McGuinness.

McHugh was used as a substitute on Sunday last when Donegal lost out to Monaghan in the Allianz National Football League Division Two final. He was introduced before half-time.

McHugh was not at training with Donegal on Tuesday night and in the aftermath, the rumours that he was no longer part of the squad, started.

The Kilcar man, who won an All-Star in 2012, has been part of the Donegal panel since 2010. He had been troubled by injury for part of this year's National League and while named for the final game away to Armagh, was not able to start.

It is learned that two other panel members, Gary McFadden of Glenswilly and Thomas McKinley of Naomh Colmcille, have opted out

Efforts to contact Donegal manager, Jim McGuinness, to confirm or deny the departures have been unsuccessful.

rodney trotter

Not all rosy ahead of the championship with Rory Kavanagh suspended too

CD

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/gaelic-games/27229767

Confirmation of that news re. McHugh. That's a massive blow for Donegal. Down fans will be delighted!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

J OGorman

Quote from: CD on April 30, 2014, 08:02:25 PM

Confirmation of that news re. McHugh. That's a massive blow for Donegal. Down fans will be delighted!
What's odds did you get on a Down Donegal final?

CD

Quote from: J OGorman on April 30, 2014, 08:04:51 PM
Quote from: CD on April 30, 2014, 08:02:25 PM

What's odds did you get on a Down Donegal final?
Sorry - slip of the keyboard - I meant Derry of course
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Banter Panther

What an awful year+ that Donegal have had since winning the 2012 All-Ireland.
'Donegal are a footballing superbug, with no obvious cure' - Joe Brolly 2013

Main Street

It doesn't matter what team such a walkout happens to, it's deflating for the county and for the GAA.
But of course, Derry folk are allowed a wry smile.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Banter Panther on April 30, 2014, 08:30:54 PM

And to think Joe Brolly held them in the same esteem as Kilkenny hurlers under Cody.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Banter Panther

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 30, 2014, 08:39:03 PM
Quote from: Banter Panther on April 30, 2014, 08:30:54 PM

And to think Joe Brolly held them in the same esteem as Kilkenny hurlers under Cody.
I have to admit, Joe Brolly's adoration of them was sickening, and I can't say I wasn't glad that they came right back down to earth last year. Which was wrong of me, because Donegal were in no way responsible for what Brolly was coming out with.
'Donegal are a footballing superbug, with no obvious cure' - Joe Brolly 2013

Syferus

If I find Mark on the beer in Sligo too tonight I'll pass on your questions.

Main Street

Quote from: Syferus on April 30, 2014, 08:57:41 PM
If I find Mark on the beer in Sligo too tonight I'll pass on your questions.
If there's somebody of some repute on the beer in the wild west, you're the man to be on the spot to witness the event.

babarino

Any reasons why they've walked out? And Mark McHugh's brother, Ryan, is still on the panel, right?

Syferus

Quote from: babarino on April 30, 2014, 09:05:19 PM
Any reasons why they've walked out? And Mark McHugh's brother, Ryan, is still on the panel, right?

Mark's never one to shy away from a night out but clearly it's never impacted his performance on the field, and he obviously takes training seriously too.

Two strong personalities like McHugh and Jim was always to be an alliance fraught with fault-lines.

sheamy

Quote from: Main Street on April 30, 2014, 08:38:24 PM
It doesn't matter what team such a walkout happens to, it's deflating for the county and for the GAA.
But of course, Derry folk are allowed a wry smile.

Mark McHugh will be playing on the 25th May. No one has confirmed he's gone.