Ryder Cup

Started by joe bloggs, September 27, 2012, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Worker

Puckoon

When was the last time a session went 4-0?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Puckoon on September 28, 2012, 07:05:06 PM
Terrible decision from Jose Maria to leave out Poulter. What is he thinking?

I fear for Lawrie and Hanson.
You were right to fear for them. Oh dear!

glens abu

Looks far too easy for the Yanks,and I also cant understand why he left Poulter out.

laoislad

Watson and Simpson are playing so well I doubt it would matter who they were playing.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Will be red faces if the second session finishes 4-0

Puckoon

Apparently the decision to leave Poulter out was made yesterday, but that doesn't make it any less of a dumb decision.

This may well be the session that gives the cup to the Americans.

Two major 2012 champions up against those two fellas. Not bringing harrington will seem even worse now.

heganboy

Keegan Bradley throwing top darts
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

heganboy

webb simpson not too far behind him...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Puckoon

Meanwhile the world number 2 is having a massage. Or a cup of tea.

laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on September 28, 2012, 09:04:49 PM
Apparently the decision to leave Poulter out was made yesterday, but that doesn't make it any less of a dumb decision.

This may well be the session that gives the cup to the Americans.

Two major 2012 champions up against those two fellas. Not bringing harrington will seem even worse now.

Whose to say Poulter would have been any better,Bubba and Webb have been excellent and I doubt many would have beaten them with the form their in.
Also Poulter might not have even been paired against them he could have been in a different match.

Puckoon

I am not saying that the pairing has any effect. What I am saying is when you compare the two American lads against Lawrie and Hansen, its no surprise. Relax yourself.

For what it's worth, Garcia and Poulter I think would have put up a much better fight against any pairing the Americans threw out than H&L. I certainly couldn't see Poulter being worse, so I don't know what yer on about. The two lads getting steamrolled like this doesn't bring anything to the table.

laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on September 28, 2012, 09:54:19 PM
I am not saying that the pairing has any effect. What I am saying is when you compare the two American lads against Lawrie and Hansen, its no surprise. Relax yourself.

For what it's worth, Garcia and Poulter I think would have put up a much better fight against any pairing the Americans threw out than H&L. I certainly couldn't see Poulter being worse, so I don't know what yer on about. The two lads getting steamrolled like this doesn't bring anything to the table.

I am very relaxed thanks.
I didn't say Poulter would be worse so I don't know what you're on about.
All I'm saying is Lawrie and Hanson didn't lose it as such but more Watson and Simpson won it by playing superb golf and would have beaten any pairing playing like they did IMO...

Puckoon

You said Poulter wouldn't have been better, he almost certainly wouldn't have been equal to or worse, which makes him better than that result just now.

laoislad

Quote from: Puckoon on September 28, 2012, 10:03:51 PM
You said Poulter wouldn't have been better, he almost certainly wouldn't have been equal to or worse, which makes him better than that result just now.

No I didn't.