Tír Eoghain vs Ciarraí

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, March 26, 2007, 07:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Well that's the team I called on page1, except for the Penrose inclusion. I had Mulgrew in there and still would have. A strange one although I can see Hughes and McGinley spoiling O'Se with Dooher and Penrose hoovering the breaking ball. Penrose excelled in this role during Dooher's absence in the NFL last year but I don't think there's room for the two of them. Penrose might keep tabs on the foraging Tomas O'Se.

Apart from that i'm very happy with the defence although if Gormley is missing it'll be a massive loss, almost insurmountable against the kingdom. In all honesty, to win this we need the real Stephen O'Neill to stand up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Penrose and Dooher will vacuum up the whole half-forward line between them (and the dropping back forwards), with Mellon dropping back into midfield, that's why Penrose has been picked here. Hold the post mortems lads, we'll have plenty of time for those, and in the meantime shoulder to the wheel.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

magickingdom

is this a tyrone shakedown? reading this you'd think ye didnt have a chance. we've no donaghy to put the ball in the back of yere net 4 times in the first half. must trot along to the bookies in the am and toss a few bob on yere poor hapless team....

Fear ón Srath Bán

Yep, we haven't a prayer, don't even know why the lads are travelling down, or why Mickey Harte even picked a team!  ;)

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on March 29, 2007, 10:26:17 PM
with Dooher and Penrose hoovering the breaking ball.
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 29, 2007, 10:29:38 PM
Penrose and Dooher will vacuum up the whole half-forward line between them (
Quoteis this a tyrone shakedown?

FFS lads what's going on here. I suppose you want O'Neill to stand upright and Ricey (the dirt devil) to take his man to the cleaners. Hub to dust up the Kerry midfielders and all attacks to filter through McGinley while Gormley acts as a sweeper at the back. Let's just hope that Tyrone bag a victory by brushing Kerry aside and aren't consigned to the dustbin of history like a bunch of suckers. And finally I hope they are NOT looking a cheap flight home after the game.

Let's hope they carpet Kerry.  :D :D :D

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: never kickt a ball on March 29, 2007, 11:20:17 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 29, 2007, 10:26:17 PM
with Dooher and Penrose hoovering the breaking ball.
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 29, 2007, 10:29:38 PM
Penrose and Dooher will vacuum up the whole half-forward line between them (
Quoteis this a tyrone shakedown?

FFS lads what's going on here. I suppose you want O'Neill to stand upright and Ricey (the dirt devil) to take his man to the cleaners. Hub to dust up the Kerry midfielders and all attacks to filter through McGinley while Gormley acts as a sweeper at the back. Let's just hope that Tyrone bag a victory by brushing Kerry aside and aren't consigned to the dustbin of history like a bunch of suckers. And finally I hope they are NOT looking a cheap flight home after the game.

Let's hope they carpet Kerry.  :D :D :D

;D ;D ;D

Kerry Mike

Kerry Team named tonight:

Diarmuid Murphy
Marc O'Se   Tom O'Sullivan   Padraig Reidy
Tomas O'Se   Aidan O'Mahony   Daniel Bohane
Darragh O'Se Tommy Griffin
Bryan Sheehan   Eamon Fitzmaurice   Paul Galvin
Declan Quill   Seamus Scanlon   Mike Frank Russell

So a few surprise choices Daniel Bohane gets his first start , he was supposed to start a few weeks ago in the half forward line but was injured in the warm up, but now picked at wing back he replaces Mossy Lyons who was loose enough against Donegal. Bohane plays with Austin Stacks and there has been alot of talk about him, but with his first game in the green and gold we will soon see what he is made of, Brian Dooher will be no easy first opponent.

Eamon Fitmaurice get another trial at centre forward in a surprise move, he will replace Seamus Scanlon who moves to the edge of the square instead of Donaghy. Paul Galvin comes in for his first start as expected on the wing instead of Donnacha Walsh. Eamon has played well at 11 before but seems to be off the pace come championship time, he will add a bit of muscle around the middle, and after the pasting we took from Donegal at Midfield, we need a few extra ball winners there.

Sheehan is on the other wing so hopefully he will punish Tyrone if there are long range frees.

Scanlon has played well the last 2 games and will add some height to the edge of the square if we need to play that tactic. Doesnt score much as he lays off the ball a lot even in good scoring positions and will need to add that touch to his repetoire if he is to stake a place for the summer ahead, but with Donaghy out for 2 months and the Dr Crokes players club tied what better time for someone new to come in and make a name for himself.

Declan O'Sullivan is in the panel for the first time since leading us to our 34th title last September and he will be bursting for a bit of football after a few months in OZ, and with Sean OSullivan, Darren O'Sullivan, Donnacha Walsh also in the panel there are good support options up front. Still concerned about cover for midfield. Darragh needs more support from Tommy Griffin this weekend.

The rest of the team is as it was last week , Tomas o'Se seems to have shaken off the hamstring injury picked up last weekend. So its all systems go for Saturday. Best of luck to all.

Ciarrai Abu
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Fear ón Srath Bán

So we both have our sets of concerns Kerry Mike, thanks and all the more interesting for that. Have a good one.

ONeill

Yea KerryMike, shove it up yer hole....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

More than a few interesting tussles there:                                                                                 

Pascal McConnell

Ryan McMenamin/Mike Frank Russell                      Peter Donnelly/Seamus Scanlon              Dermot Carlin/Declan Quill 

Davy Harte/Paul Galvin                                      Conor Gormley/Eamon Fitzmaurice            Justin McMahon/Bryan Sheehan

Kevin Hughes/Dara Ó'Sé                                      Enda McGinley/Tommy Griffin

Brian Dooher (Capt.)/Daniel Bohane                      Martin Penrose /Aidan O'Mahony                Ryan Mellon/Tomás Ó'Sé

Niall Gormley /Padraig Reidy                                    Colm McCullagh/Tom O'Sullivan                  Stephen O'Neill/Marc Ó'Sé

Diarmuid Murphy

snappiered

Thats the end of Mugsy lads. He wont be back. Know for a fact.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: snappiered on March 30, 2007, 09:11:45 AM
Thats the end of Mugsy lads. He wont be back. Know for a fact.

What has happened exactly? Though if it's a strop he's throwing because of his stupidity in the Cork game I don't have much sympathy.

loughshore lad

The selections get more puzzling as the year progresses. All this talk about competition for places, no one is guaranteed a place etc. MH's faith in certain individuals is extremely puzzling - some players like Donnelly and Penrose has got more than enough chances without showing anything to suggest they merit inclusion. There are players on the panel who have not even got one NFL start in order to show what they can do. The only thing I can perhaps think of here is that privately MH is not too bothered about the league, confident that some of these newer players have got what it takes and is keeping them in reserve for the summer months ahead.
I think we all know that our best team is still the 2005 vintage but that we need a couple of players with the ability to come in and make an impact. I dont think we are there (or anywhere near there) yet.

realredhandfan

Uladh

Apart from Gooch and Brosnan, would any of the the crokes lads be expected to make the kerry panel?