Kilmacud Sevens, Saturday 21st September 2013

Started by tonysoprano, September 20, 2012, 01:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: cornerback on September 20, 2013, 05:13:38 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 20, 2013, 01:25:14 PM
I like he look of Coleraine and Glenties. Both have fairly sizeable county contingents and are out of the county championships

Barry McGoldrick was stretchered off in the championship match last night! Unlikely that he'll feature.
Coleraine are an extremely fit team but they've played 2 tough games (Sunday & last night) & were knocked out so may not be in the right frame of mind...

They are really flying and very good at 7s, they are supposed to play intermediate championship hurling semi on Saturday but one of their players said that wont happen as they have booked to go to kilmacuds. Ahhh Derry hurling some laugh.
I can understand maybe a rescheduling of hurling match  due to congested championship football fixtures but for the kilmacuds now that's mad.

DownFanatic

Bryansford have a Down Division 1 League game tomorrow so not sure what type of team they will have down.

Qwerty28

Any idea what time the quarter finals would be on? Final roughly around 6 or 6.30 if I remember righty.....

Kidder81

Anyone betting on this needs their head looked. A semi serious competition. Have Crossmaglen ever played in it ?

armaghniac

Cross had 2 teams in 2009 when somebody beat them in the Armagh championship!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on September 20, 2013, 11:04:41 PM
Anyone betting on this needs their head looked. A semi serious competition. Have Crossmaglen ever played in it ?

Wouldn't suit there style ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnpower

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2013, 09:42:06 AM
Quote from: southdown on September 20, 2013, 09:37:22 AM
anyone have the groups?

Kilmacud Crokes GAA Club FBD 7s Groups for next Saturday following today's draw at Croke Park.

Group 1: Clan na nGael (Dublin), Eoghan Rua (Derry), Ilen Rovers (Cork), Celbridge (Kildare)
Group 2: Carbury (Kildare), St Oliver Plunketts E-R (Dublin), Tempo Maguires (Fermanagh), Claremorris (Mayo)
Group 3: Emmet Óg (Longford), Naomh Conaill (Donegal), Caherlistrane (Galway), Naomh Olaf (Dublin)
Group 4: Simonstown Gaels (Meath), St Gall’s (Antrim), Aghamore (Mayo), Bray Emmetts (Wicklow)
Group 5: St. Patricks (Wicklow), Naomh Mícheál (Donegal), Padraig Pearses (Roscommon), Bryansford (Down)
Group 6: Parnells (Dublin), Kickhams Creggan (Antrim), St. Laurences (Kildare), Corofin (Galway)
Group 7: Leixlip (Kildare), Ballyholland Harps (Down), Dungannon Thomas Clarkes (Tyrone), Kilkerrin-Clonberne (Galway)
Group 8: Kilmacud Crokes (Dublin), Castleblayney Faughs (Monaghan), Tuam Stars (Galway), Gaoth Dobhair (Donegal)

Venues:

Glenalbyn Groups 1 & 2
St Olafs Groups 3 & 4
Silverpark Groups 5, 6, 7 & 8

Group games will be played on a league basis. The winner of each group will qualify for the knock-out stage of the competition. The first games take place at 11.00am.

No Kerry team?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnpower on September 20, 2013, 11:58:48 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 20, 2013, 09:42:06 AM
Quote from: southdown on September 20, 2013, 09:37:22 AM
anyone have the groups?

Kilmacud Crokes GAA Club FBD 7s Groups for next Saturday following today's draw at Croke Park.

Group 1: Clan na nGael (Dublin), Eoghan Rua (Derry), Ilen Rovers (Cork), Celbridge (Kildare)
Group 2: Carbury (Kildare), St Oliver Plunketts E-R (Dublin), Tempo Maguires (Fermanagh), Claremorris (Mayo)
Group 3: Emmet Óg (Longford), Naomh Conaill (Donegal), Caherlistrane (Galway), Naomh Olaf (Dublin)
Group 4: Simonstown Gaels (Meath), St Gall's (Antrim), Aghamore (Mayo), Bray Emmetts (Wicklow)
Group 5: St. Patricks (Wicklow), Naomh Mícheál (Donegal), Padraig Pearses (Roscommon), Bryansford (Down)
Group 6: Parnells (Dublin), Kickhams Creggan (Antrim), St. Laurences (Kildare), Corofin (Galway)
Group 7: Leixlip (Kildare), Ballyholland Harps (Down), Dungannon Thomas Clarkes (Tyrone), Kilkerrin-Clonberne (Galway)
Group 8: Kilmacud Crokes (Dublin), Castleblayney Faughs (Monaghan), Tuam Stars (Galway), Gaoth Dobhair (Donegal)

Venues:

Glenalbyn Groups 1 & 2
St Olafs Groups 3 & 4
Silverpark Groups 5, 6, 7 & 8

Group games will be played on a league basis. The winner of each group will qualify for the knock-out stage of the competition. The first games take place at 11.00am.

No Kerry team?

The competition aint as competitive as it used to be, a lot of clubs/counties don't go cause of their own championships running at same weekend or close to. Which is unfortunate as during the 80's early 90's it was a brill competition, so much boozing goes on, our lads usually go on a drinks ban afterwards to prepare for the championship........ the following week ffs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Galls will romp it. They're fine ambassadors for Antrim and the only time they let themselves down was the All-Ireland Intermediate hurling final.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Kidder81

Quote from: ONeill on September 21, 2013, 09:05:57 AM
Galls will romp it. They're fine ambassadors for Antrim and the only time they let themselves down was the All-Ireland Intermediate hurling final.

And every time they played Cross

haranguerer

Every time they played cross that I saw, cross let themselves down. They always concentrated on the dirty stuff v galls. Big admirers of cross, as you couldn't fail to be with their record, but I know what I saw, 2 years ago they were a disgrace, and that's coming from a fan of physical football.

Tony Baloney

A low blow. The management team at the time were struggling.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 21, 2013, 09:27:09 AM
A low blow. The management team at the time were struggling.

All of a Sludden

St Galls are through to the final, beating Carbury on penalties.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.