iTunes / iPhone trouble

Started by BennyCake, September 09, 2012, 02:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

I created an iTunes account on my laptop a few months ago. Then the laptop died. I continued to use my iPhone in the meantime, and downloaded a dozen or two apps.

Now I've just bought a new laptop, and plugged my iPhone into the new iTunes (just to test it, I didn't do anything). When I took out my iPhone again, none of my apps are working. I'm afraid to do anything in case I wipe everything off the iPhone (photos, videos, apps etc).

Any advice?

Onion Bag

i have an iphone 4, i updated the software on it on Thursday night last, since that my battery life is shite, it keeps running low really quickly,

anyone else experience this? maybe there is a setting on or something that is chewing the life out of my battery
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

supersarsfields

Going to jump on the band wagaon as well. Had a problem with my docking port on my 1phone 3gs. But it never really annoyed me as I'm not too nto my IT. So i just never updated the Operating system. But then it stopped charging last week as well. So ordered the new Docking part and put it in myself over the weekend. Then went to update with Itunes and it wiped all my contacts. Is there any way of getting them back?

oisinog

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 29, 2012, 01:47:26 PM
i have an iphone 4, i updated the software on it on Thursday night last, since that my battery life is shite, it keeps running low really quickly,

anyone else experience this? maybe there is a setting on or something that is chewing the life out of my battery

Do you have any apps running in the background. Double tap the home button and that goves you a list of open apps you can then close them by holding you finger over them until an x comes up

illdecide

Guys my young lad has entered the wrong pin into the iPod touch too many times its now saying "iPod is disabled, connect to iTunes" but I know the pin number but it won't let me in to enter the correct pin!!!is there any simple way I can enter the code in without having to go through iTunes?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

AZOffaly

This would never have happened if you weren't away above in Belfast!

Under Lights

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 15, 2014, 04:17:05 PM
This would never have happened if you weren't away above in Belfast!

x2

On your higher wage now just buy a new iPod. Thanks.

illdecide

Ha ha...very good lads. Belfast is a dump and so is the shitty travelling but look on the bright side...i'm close to the Apple Store so i can buy him a new iPod with my new big high salary :P...( I wish, i'd need two jobs to keep these feckers )
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Tony Baloney

Quote from: illdecide on October 14, 2014, 10:38:41 PM
Guys my young lad has entered the wrong pin into the iPod touch too many times its now saying "iPod is disabled, connect to iTunes" but I know the pin number but it won't let me in to enter the correct pin!!!is there any simple way I can enter the code in without having to go through iTunes?
I had to go back to factory settings on my iPad and then resync with backup on Cloud/iTunes.

NAG1

any one know where would replace a cracked iphone 4 screen, what sort of cost is it?
Worth doing or just going for a new phone?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: NAG1 on October 16, 2014, 10:09:52 AM
any one know where would replace a cracked iphone 4 screen, what sort of cost is it?
Similar question as the wife has shattered the screen on her Samsung Galaxy S3. She is getting a new phone on upgrade today but I was hoping to take her phone. I have looked up youtube videos and there is talk of UV glue and a UV light for curing etc. Looks like too much hassle as a diy  :-\

AZOffaly

A lad I work with does this, I think quite a few places will repair it for you. He quotes around €140 for the Samsung galaxy to replace the screen and fit it, which includes buying the new screen. He did an IPod touch for me for €80.

Megaman

Quote from: NAG1 on October 16, 2014, 10:09:52 AM

Not sure about the S3, but the Iphone 4 is easy enough to fix AFAIK.

i know at least one person in your area NAG who can fix them cheap.

Muck Savage

your better off going back to Apple and getting them to repair it. If you use someone else then they will never help you out with other issues on the phone in future as you've used an unauthorized person to fix it so there's no telling if they further damaged it while replacing the glass