Kerry indiscipline

Started by Buckass, March 26, 2007, 11:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckass

Thought Kerry were shocking in this regard yesterday. Darragh O'Se's elbow on Donegal back in middle of 2nd half was cynical and should be dealt with.Caught perfectly on tv cameras and no action taken by ref so no excuse for GAA. Could've broken a nose/cheekbone. Sean O'Sullivan got booked, ticked and 2 rugby efforts later got taken off! Ref was absolutely shocking.
Well deserved win for Donegal.Thought Devenney was brilliant

AZOffaly

Jaysus, I didn't think O'Se's 'elbow' was that bad. It was a foul, because it was a third man tackle in that he obstructed the lad going for the ball, by raising his arms. I don't think he turned around to see where he was before it though, so I'd give him the benefit of the doubt as to whether it was a deliberate elbow though.

Kerry Mike

Its been a problem in all our games this year, dont know what the root cause is, but frustration and poor refereeing does not help. In the Darragh O'Se incident he did put out his arm but I dont think it was intentional, must look at it again to be sure though, in the same passage of play Paul Galvin was fouled and was decked off the ball shortly after with no free or reprimand.

Also Tomas O'Se was lucky not to be spotted for a dig he threw after being fouled and Sean O'Sullivan was lucky not to get a red for persistant fouling.

At least we finished with 15 this time
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

North Longford

I actually thought O'Sullivan was unlucky to be booked at all.
Thought it was very obvious that the wing back pulled him in by the arm on 2 occassions in a row, the second time being blatant as O'Sullivan appeared to be only trying to pull his arm away. You could see D O'Shea on the telly making the exact point to the ref who I thought just took the easy option. I'd say he was thinking the same way himself or he would have had to have sent O'Sullivan off the second time because it was basically a repeat of the yellow card offence.
Don't know why ref's never seem to have the balls to blow this one up.

Great Leap Forward

I thought the O'Se Incident you guys are talking about wasn't as serious as the one near the end were he thew his elbow back at Devenney after the Donegal man had a kick at him. It didn't connect properly because Devenney didn't go down and instead put his head in towards O'Se.

magickingdom

its called 'spine', its something we were missing before jack o connor came on the scene. cant wait for paul galvin to get going again...