meh
shite
waste of money
f**k off
used to be good craic

Minder

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 01, 2012, 02:20:01 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on September 01, 2012, 09:15:04 AM
Sure out of curiosity what other GAA forums are there? Hogan Stand just?

Aye I agree with Screen exile, the Derry one is fantastic....... So much so in last years county AGM the county chairman had a blast at it............we speak the truth on the Derry thread; but they can't handle the truth. We said that the whole CCC and system is out of order.

An Fear rua is another one.

Some punter got a bollocking from the boss man on An Fear Rua the other day for posting a thread title in capital letters.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Minder on September 01, 2012, 02:24:36 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 01, 2012, 02:20:01 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on September 01, 2012, 09:15:04 AM
Sure out of curiosity what other GAA forums are there? Hogan Stand just?

Aye I agree with Screen exile, the Derry one is fantastic....... So much so in last years county AGM the county chairman had a blast at it............we speak the truth on the Derry thread; but they can't handle the truth. We said that the whole CCC and system is out of order.

An Fear rua is another one.

Some punter got a bollocking from the boss man on An Fear Rua the other day for posting a thread title in capital letters.

Saw that allright  ;D Jesus he would be busy here at times
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the Deel Rover

:-[ Didn't want you getting upset hS  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

illdecide

The Board is def not as good craic as it once was, i know some of the stories were made up and some of responses were a bit childish (mostly mine) but it was only a bit of fun to pass the day but some guys on here  (PC Brigade) were soon down your throat about it. ONL was good craic along with that Clougher fool (Joe Mac)...lol, even the local gaa section (Armagh) has went to the dogs that bad i don't even check it now ffs.

Jim Stynes your right saan...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Premier Emperor

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 01, 2012, 06:24:13 PM
AFR is very fond of dishing out the banhammer, most contributors to his message board have been hit with a ban at some point. There's only about a handful at the most of long term regular contributors (South Limerick Referee being one).
If you haven't been banned a few times over on AFR, there is something wrong with you.
The place is policed like the Gestapo are in charge and the bannings are often totally random.

Shamrock Shore

In a previous life I met the owner of An Fearr Rua to see if we could benefit each other (I was flogging jerseys and hurls online in 2000/2001 in a vain attempt to become a millionaire). I assume the same chap is in charge? I was registered on AFR but I haven't logged on or even visited the site in years and years.

seafoid

The board is a wonderful  resource as O'Neill said. It's a great place to share the ups and downs of being a GAA fan. 

And it's better than the GAA section of most newspapers.  The insight is second to none. It's great to see all the interaction between the wee 6 and the rest of the country. And going to matches is different when you read more widely about the games, I think   

Plus there are great nuggets every so often.

*Re: The Sunday Game
When Spillane presented the Sunday Game a few years back I had a cousin home from America who wouldnt believe me that Spillane was a real presenter and not a comedy sketch!

AQMP

Quote from: seafoid on September 05, 2012, 01:27:57 PM
The board is a wonderful  resource as O'Neill said. It's a great place to share the ups and downs of being a GAA fan. 

And it's better than the GAA section of most newspapers.  The insight is second to none. It's great to see all the interaction between the wee 6 and the rest of the country. And going to matches is different when you read more widely about the games, I think   

Plus there are great nuggets every so often.

Agreed.  I still enjoy the board for the most part.  Also good for us exiled to another county to keep up with the club scene etc at home.

Aristo 60

[img]One contributor mentioned an evolving membership/contributor base which I suppose means some ebb and flow in terms of overall activity and the number of interesting threads.

For what it's worth I think that all contributors (and particularly senior/hero members) should do their bit to encourage the membership base to flourish and welcome new folk.

Maybe I'm wrong but at times I perceive new contributors get a somewhat cold shoulder from the so called heroes who prefer only to comment/reply on each others threads and comments. There is also the gauntlet each new contributor has to run through when the heroes  bring up the " you're a kid on summer holidays" stance. 

It would be nice to think that all board members remember they too were once newbies.

Anyway my door is always open.

seafoid

The other thing about the board is all the archive material in the back pages.
The slow decline of Tyrone and the rise of Mayo are there in more detail than you can ever get in a newspaper. 

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Aristo 60 on September 05, 2012, 02:34:41 PM
[img]One contributor mentioned an evolving membership/contributor base which I suppose means some ebb and flow in terms of overall activity and the number of interesting threads.

For what it's worth I think that all contributors (and particularly senior/hero members) should do their bit to encourage the membership base to flourish and welcome new folk.

Maybe I'm wrong but at times I perceive new contributors get a somewhat cold shoulder from the so called heroes who prefer only to comment/reply on each others threads and comments. There is also the gauntlet each new contributor has to run through when the heroes  bring up the " you're a kid on summer holidays" stance. 

It would be nice to think that all board members remember they too were once newbies.

ffs, school holidays not over yet................... :)
have to agree, though ive been around a bit, im not too regular a poster, but the amount of threads ive stopped in my tracks because im not in the clique would be embarassing if i gived a toss lol, but agree with you on that point, (if you can make sense of what im saying)
do have to say its not the craic it used to be, not the same volume of posts to read etc

Cold tea

Quote from: Aristo 60 on September 05, 2012, 02:34:41 PM

Yip and creaming themselves when they do!