brilliant
meh
shite
waste of money
f**k off
used to be good craic

laoislad

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 14, 2012, 01:33:00 PM
Fair play to Ziggy. Running this show isn't easy and it must cost him a small fortune.

He hasn't even set up a "tip jar" for donations.

He told me he gets plenty of favours off the female posters.
What ever that means I dunno.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 13, 2012, 05:56:21 PM
Looks like a lot of the AFR refugees have taken up at least temp residence on the GAA section of boards.ie

Not sure boards will suit them. It is fairly heavily moderated.

supersarsfields

Fair play to Ziggy. Running this show isn't easy and it must cost him a small fortune.

Ziggy has made a fortune from this place. It's how he got all his Bling.

trileacman

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 14, 2012, 02:36:50 PM

Ziggy has made a fortune from this place. It's how he got all his Bling.

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: AFS on September 12, 2012, 12:38:39 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 11, 2012, 03:24:04 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 11, 2012, 03:17:01 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 11, 2012, 02:50:08 PM
I think apart from poor moderation, one of the problems was the courting of the nomadic "ClareHurlers" members left an imprint. That forum up until it disappeared was pretty much the Wild West of GAA forums. Some of them did actually camp over here for a while, but then moved on not too later because the general Ulster-Connacht football bias wasn't really for them. AFR courted them by redrafting his "Speak Out!" forum (which was as good as dead at the time) as "Clare Hurlers - The craic goes on!" which most of them eventually did. Unfortunately, CH.com was very anarchic by nature and even though many of the posters came through it and were banned or went away elsewhere, the spirit of CH was impossible to eradicate and ultimately a case of too much for one person to handle - it's fire could never be fully put out.

I think OrchardCounty.com went in a similar fashion a couple of years back, while it seemed to get under the skin of some ex-Armagh county players it was some juvenile posting that was open to libel that seen Barry eventually pull the plug.

Orchardcounty is gone but armaghgaa.net/forum is basically the same forum and is pretty good.  Plenty of Armagh posters from here on it and it has basically ended the armagh club discussion thread on here
Noticed that. Has it been subsumed into the official county board website in Armagh?

Yeah, the same lad is running both now. Bit mad that any head the ball in the county that wants to have a go at the county board can now do so on their own website.

Why thank you.  :D

I was a little worried when the forum was subsumed into the County Board website that we were in for a more totalitarian regime but to be fair to the moderators, there hasn't been any unnecessary intervention so far. As bcb points out, its killed the club thread on here and is now my own first port of call to the point where I realised tonight that I haven't posted on here since July.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead