Meath job

Started by Ard-Rí, August 29, 2012, 06:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ard-Rí

Everyone and their mothers seem to want this. We have Evans and Geraghty putting themselves forward, Giles, O'Rourke, Kelly & possibly even Harnan considering it. And then there's Seán Boylan who was the man of choice a couple of months ago. There may even be others, or possibly more men from outside the county with an interest. Thoughts, anyone? 
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Hardy

Declan

PP is on the money - Kelly by all accounts. McEntee's job dictates that he can't be considered I heard - has to be within 30 minutes of the Mater etc.

I can't see an outsider getting the gig. 

Syferus

Ah c'mon lads - the chance to literally be the Graham Geraghtys' can't be passed up, surely? 'Tis what the rest of us have been calling ye for the last two decades.

How enthused are ye over the list of candidates?

Ard-Rí

No real stand out contender as far as I see it, but the fact of the increase in interest is encouraging.
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

highorlow

Giles would be the best suited. Would Geraghty be a divisive type?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

ck

Geraghty as manager? Has he managed another team before?
He's a bad mannered git or at least he used to be, could be a loose cannon as manager?

heffo

Quote from: ck on August 30, 2012, 09:54:38 AM
Geraghty as manager? Has he managed another team before?

Castledaly in Westmeath - not sure how he got on

Declan

Geraghty also looked after Blanchardstown IT last year. Think they won something as well

Donnellys Hollow

Geraghty was a selector with Glenn Ryan in Longford a few years ago.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Shamrock Shore

He wasn't a selector DH. He was forwards' coach. Nice chap by all accounts. Got involved in one dust up with James on sideline in an AIQ v Down but it was harmless in fairness.

thejuice

Kerry and Armagh seem to be able to get new appointments sorted fairly quickly.

Our shower in power probably have decided already but will have to get a committee together first to find someone who they will then ignore and appoint who they wanted anyway.

Have we had any changes at County board level yet? Or was just another game of musical chairs.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

I got a bit of a slagging in the pub last night, based on my occasional reticent expression of mild disapproval of the Banty/Allen regime. Allegedly, there was a story in the Sunday Times about Noel Dempsey (yes, Comical Noel - "IMF? Nah. No IMF here.") being lined up for the job of County Board chairman. Frying pan/fire, etc. - much hilarity. I responded that I know when my chain is being yanked but, just in case, like - is there anything to this? Surely not? Anybody got the Sunday Times?

Ard-Rí

Take it easy Hardy, can't see anything online about it. Crazy notion anyway  :o
Ar son Éireann Gaelaí

Hardy

The only thing I could find was a post on Hogan Stand saying Dempsey had been at a few meetings, presumably representing Trim. This was what  the comedians in the pub were saying and that the Sunday Times was saying this was in preparation for going for the Chairmanship.

Anyway, Hogan Stand are saying this morning that O'Rourke, Kelly, McEntee, Geraghty and Harnan were all nominated last night for the manager's job, though it's not clear that this is the full list. Also, all these have not necessarily accepted the nomination.