Meath job

Started by Ard-RĂ­, August 29, 2012, 06:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

I also heard on the grapevine that Tormey was getting the chairman gig but that the bould Barney wasn't going away ;)

camanchero

is tormey from Ashbourne?

Have to say that whatever about O'Dowd (decent footballer and good left foot from Skryne - nice chap too) and his success in Skryne - his backroom team are fantastic.
Kelly and Brady superb. Giles while still learning coaching, is excellent.
Brady and Kelly would only be 43/44, O'Dowd about 41 and Giles a bit younger- thats a youthful setup.

Declan

Quoteis tormey from Ashbourne?

Yep he is. Strong looking backroom team alright

Declan

O'Dowd ratified and new sponsor unveiled- Tayto Park!!

neilthemac

Quote from: Declan on October 08, 2012, 11:02:40 PM
I'm sure everything will go Hunky Dory for the new management

Hardy

The nightmare is at an end. I have every confidence in Mick. Whether or not we win titles, we will at least have a team that's true to the soul of Meath football and that's good enough for me. A great support team too. I'm up in my hat at the prospect of the coming spring and summer and the resurgence of an enthusiasm that had almost died.

thejuice

Is that right about the sponsor? thought Comer were staying.

Happy enough with the appointment. At the very least they should get out of Div3. And by out I mean upwards not downwards god help us.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Shamrock Shore

Meath should walk(er) Div 3

spuds

Quote from: Declan on October 08, 2012, 11:02:40 PM
Micko was always a sound ould spud.

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Declan

QuoteIs that right about the sponsor? thought Comer were staying.

Yep - crying out for a caption!!

thejuice

Well at least we are no longer managed by a spud.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Cheese and onion, smokey bacon
Sam Maguire is for the takin.

Hound

Was O'Rourke a genuine contender this time around, or what would have counted against him?

Declan

QuoteWas O'Rourke a genuine contender this time around, or what would have counted against him?

You hear all sorts of rumours Hound to be honest so I wouldn't know what to believe. Its well known though that the last time his development plan was dismissed he said he'd never do it with the incumbents in the county board.

spuds

Quote from: Hound on October 09, 2012, 01:49:32 PM
Was O'Rourke a genuine contender this time around, or what would have counted against him?
He has been talked about every time Meath search for a new manager (nearly yearly at this rate) but always does not allow his name to be voted on. Likelyhood now is that he will never get the job as the sports science approach gathers pace. Is a pity as generally comes across as a level headed intelligent man in his media dealings (aside from being photographed at the Quinn march in Fermanagh).
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard