Previous topic - Next topic

take_yer_points

Quote from: theskull1 on August 05, 2014, 11:51:18 AM
'Leeks

Cheers

...think there was changes came in some time in the new year TYP

Cheers skull - must see about getting it off before the test this year

Orior

Can anyone recommend a garage in Belfast that would service Audi and wont charge an arm and a leg?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Last Man

Quote from: Orior on August 05, 2014, 12:03:07 PM
Can anyone recommend a garage in Belfast that would service Audi and wont charge an arm and a leg?
Walsh Motors, 24 Andersonstown Park S, Belfast, County Antrim BT11 8FR
028 9062 7574.
I've used them a few times and they were good, just not handy for my work if dropping the car off.

GJL

Quote from: take_yer_points on August 05, 2014, 11:52:27 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on August 05, 2014, 11:51:18 AM
'Leeks

Cheers

...think there was changes came in some time in the new year TYP

Cheers skull - must see about getting it off before the test this year
An EML is not an MOT failure. It is a common belief that it is but the car will pass with it on. It will not pass with ABS, ESP or airbag light on. Send her on  ;)

theskull1

Quote from: GJL on August 05, 2014, 09:51:13 PM
An EML is not an MOT failure. It is a common belief that it is but the car will pass with it on. It will not pass with ABS, ESP or airbag light on. Send her on  ;)
Now you tell me  :-\

After rushing home early from work and totally stripping & cleaning my EGR (including the solenoid) I flew up to my mechanic to clear the fault. Knew the EGR was going to be the problem seeing the amount of crud that came out of it. Cleared the fault ...happy days drove to the MOT centre without having time to get a power hose under her

The b^$t4rd failed me on a pitted brake pipe and another which wasnt clean enough for inspection ...... just my luck eh!
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

BennyCake

Just noticed today when I put my foot on the accelerator, I don't have the same power as before. I can also hear the engine revving (while just cruising as normal) as though I have my foot to the floor.

Thoughts anyone?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: BennyCake on August 06, 2014, 12:24:09 AM
Just noticed today when I put my foot on the accelerator, I don't have the same power as before. I can also hear the engine revving (while just cruising as normal) as though I have my foot to the floor.

Thoughts anyone?

If she is in neutral, this is perfectly normal.

BennyCake

Quote from: Ball Hopper on August 06, 2014, 12:31:41 AM

Thoughts anyone?

Nope, it happens when shifting up through the gears. From 3rd in particular

Tony Baloney

For the first part I would have said a slipping clutch as same happened me in am old car years ago. Dunno though.

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on August 06, 2014, 12:03:13 AM
Quote from: GJL on August 05, 2014, 09:51:13 PM
Now you tell me  :-\

After rushing home early from work and totally stripping & cleaning my EGR (including the solenoid) I flew up to my mechanic to clear the fault. Knew the EGR was going to be the problem seeing the amount of crud that came out of it. Cleared the fault ...happy days drove to the MOT centre without having time to get a power hose under her

The b^$t4rd failed me on a pitted brake pipe and another which wasnt clean enough for inspection ...... just my luck eh!

i got my car through MOT in May with the emissions engine management light on, had to get the airbag one reset before I went though!

tyrone girl

Thoughts anyone?

Mine was doing that few weeks back as in not giving any power etc when trying to move up the gears even when had my foot to the floor on accelerator. There was a whirring noise from my engine. It was the turbo gone.

BennyCake

Quote from: tyrone girl on August 06, 2014, 02:26:26 PM

Thoughts anyone?

Mine was doing that few weeks back as in not giving any power etc when trying to move up the gears even when had my foot to the floor on accelerator. There was a whirring noise from my engine. It was the turbo gone.

Sounds familiar. What was the damage/cost/result?

Last Man

Quote from: BennyCake on August 06, 2014, 01:15:40 AM

Thoughts anyone?

Def sounds like your clutch is goosed.

GJL

Quote from: Last Man on August 06, 2014, 06:16:14 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on August 06, 2014, 01:15:40 AM

Thoughts anyone?

Def sounds like your clutch is goosed.

Sounds like a slipping clutch. What type of car is it and what mileage? If it has a dual mass flywheel you might need it too. Could run into right money😕

tyrone girl

The clutch was gone on mine also from December and  the DMF i never got it fixed until last week and drove away at it.

I never had any noise from my engine or any problem accelerating whilst my clutch and dmf was gone.

Only experienced the loss of power/whirring noise from engine when the Turbo was gone.  Ended up getting all fixed at the one time. Got second hand turbo for £150/190 i cant remember now.

The clutch was jammed and hanging by a thread also but alls fixed now thank god