Car Servicing/Maintaince

Started by GJL, August 29, 2012, 05:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

theskull1

Quote from: WeeDonns on January 14, 2014, 11:33:46 AM
Quote from: tyrone girl on January 14, 2014, 11:28:16 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-1-8-TDCI-CLUTCH-DUAL-MASS-FLYWHEEL-KIT-01-05-/130391201333

This could be completely wrong thing?
the 01-05 is 2001-2005 afaik

I assume TG you've used that compatibility check on the webpade to see if your model suits this part?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

WeeDonns

supersarsfields

Just in case my edit got lost on previous page!

http://www.247spares.co.uk/partrequest

Just put in your Reg (Or the car details if it doesn't pull it up from the reg) and then type in the part. people will then contact you with prices, and they're competitive. Now most are used parts but they will generally tell you of the quality. I used the other service multible times and never had any problems. I put in rough details there for a 2006 Focus 1.8 diesel and a guy called within minutes with a price of 50 + VAT and delivery. Said very good quality. As far as I remember there's a returns policy as well if it isn't up to stratch (But might be worth double checking this!!)
Might be an option for you.

Milltown Row2

Can you put in a clutch without the flywheel?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

WeeDonns

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2014, 11:53:59 AM
I suggested this when getting mine done but mechanic basically said it was a bad idea as the flywheel would need replaced soon enough and its so much work to get at them you may as well replace both at the same time

Denn Forever

Is it not the Flywheel that fails and the clutch is just collateral damage?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: WeeDonns on January 14, 2014, 12:06:18 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 14, 2014, 11:53:59 AM
I suggested this when getting mine done but mechanic basically said it was a bad idea as the flywheel would need replaced soon enough and its so much work to get at them you may as well replace both at the same time

Well I did that and sold it on, I did inform the buyer and was told by the mechanic that it would run for another 5/6 years without the flywheel
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnneycool

Quote from: Denn Forever on January 14, 2014, 12:15:32 PM
Is it not the Flywheel that fails and the clutch is just collateral damage?

Something like that alright.

TBH a big part of the cost of these things is labour to disassemble the bloody engine and putting it back together again, so when its apart you may as well get both done.

I got a quote from a garage for changing the timing belt on an Audi A4 2.0TDi and its £300+, the belt kit itself is about £100 but the whole front has to come out of the car to do it.

tyrone girl

I didnt even look to see that was 2001 - 2005 but will search now for 2006 model. If that was the price it would be some job though £250. Would that be all i would have to buy and give to mechanic? How much would we be talking labour

tyrone girl

Gonna look that site up here now and see what quotes i get could be a handy job. £50 plus vat  :o :o couldnt be that cheap ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 14, 2014, 12:30:50 PM
I didnt even look to see that was 2001 - 2005 but will search now for 2006 model. If that was the price it would be some job though £250. Would that be all i would have to buy and give to mechanic? How much would we be talking labour

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 14, 2014, 12:30:50 PM
[/b]

Most women usually take 12/14 hours of labour ;)

Id say most garages charge 40/60 quid an hour nowadays ffs. You can shop around and get it cheaper though

tyrone girl

If could get the right kit for decent price would be half the battle. Might look at getting one within the next fortnight then set a few quid aside for the labour. If could get that for even £250 id be more than happy.

GJL

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 14, 2014, 12:53:19 PM
If could get the right kit for decent price would be half the battle. Might look at getting one within the next fortnight then set a few quid aside for the labour. If could get that for even £250 id be more than happy.

Are you far from Ballygawley? We would fit it (labour) for £140. It would take a full day.

As has been said the noise is been caused by a faulty dual mass flywheel. The clutch is probably still ok but when you are that far down it would be mad not to change it. Avoid second hand as it might not last too long. 

tyrone girl

What would you think about them parts on ebay? do they look to be ok? Got text messages from that other place with it for £165 but that would be second hand. The ones on ebay seem to be new.

Is that all i would need just whats on the link?