Car Servicing/Maintaince

Started by GJL, August 29, 2012, 05:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Car failed the MOT last week on  a few minor issues. Took the wee piece of paper back to my mechanic who said it shouldnt take too much to sort it out. He had a look and couldnt find anything wrong with it!!!! He didnt touch it..put it through the retest and it sailed through......b*st*rds >:( >:( >:(
The Aristocrat Years

Milltown Row2

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 18, 2012, 10:12:22 AM
Car failed the MOT last week on  a few minor issues. Took the wee piece of paper back to my mechanic who said it shouldnt take too much to sort it out. He had a look and couldnt find anything wrong with it!!!! He didnt touch it..put it through the retest and it sailed through......b*st*rds >:( >:( >:(

Aye did the same thing last week, had no bother really took it to different centre!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Olly

Can automatic cars go as fast downhill as a gear stick one?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

LeoMc

Quote from: Olly on December 18, 2012, 11:02:03 AM
How steep is the hill?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 18, 2012, 10:12:22 AM
Have done this before. The cnut in Armagh failed me for a sticking door handle a few years ago which I said I didn't think was sticking. No arguing with them so I booked it into Craigavon without touching it and passed no bother.

5 Sams

Mine was Armagh too Tony. I have a feeling I shouldnt have left the Irish News on the back seat of the car!!!
The Aristocrat Years

Olly

Quote from: LeoMc on December 18, 2012, 11:26:55 AM
How steep is the hill?

It's an acute angle. About 33 degrees.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

LeoMc

Quote from: Olly on December 18, 2012, 01:55:25 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on December 18, 2012, 11:26:55 AM
How steep is the hill?

It's an acute angle. About 33 degrees.

Sorry can't answer, the rules are different for the Scottish Rite  ;) ;)

Link

Hi. mot on saturday and passenger side shock spring had to be replaced. Was charged £35 for the spring and £60 for labour (plus vat). I'm thinking £20 an hour. Is this a 3 hour job?

Last Man

Quote from: Link on January 08, 2013, 06:49:32 PM
Hi. mot on saturday and passenger side shock spring had to be replaced. Was charged £35 for the spring and £60 for labour (plus vat). I'm thinking £20 an hour. Is this a 3 hour job?
I'd say 30/hr and 2 hours wouldnt be outrageous

trueblue1234

Right new Problem. The bonnet cable has snapped on my mondeo, So can't get the bonnet open. Have been told that the only way is to break the grill which will mean a new grill which will cost about £80-90.
Is the garage right? I thought there would have been a way to get in through the undercarriage?

any ideas?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

nrico2006

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 10, 2013, 04:40:42 PM
Right new Problem. The bonnet cable has snapped on my mondeo, So can't get the bonnet open. Have been told that the only way is to break the grill which will mean a new grill which will cost about £80-90.
Is the garage right? I thought there would have been a way to get in through the undercarriage?

any ideas?

Did you get your lights sorted?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Ulick

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 10, 2013, 04:40:42 PM

any ideas?

http://www.talkford.com/topic/188244-snapped-bonnet-cable/

trueblue1234

Cheers Ulick. Not sure if I could do what's required there myself. I would have thought the garage would have been able to tho!! But they're saying they spoke to Lindsay Ford who advised going through the grill.

trueblue1234

Eeekkk, just hit another issue. Forgot to change address on V5 for my car so the reminder for the MOT went to different address. Now just realised that was up on the 20th Jan. So I'm going to book it in ASAP for test. But will there be any issue with me driving the car to the test? Going to keep it of the road until the test as I know it's illegal. But was going to risk driving to the test centre rather than taking it in on a trailer? are they likely to say anything to me if I drive it in?