Car Servicing/Maintaince

Started by GJL, August 29, 2012, 05:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

or alternatively take the thing apart and clean the laser head with a bit of pure alcohol and lint free cloth.

GJL

Tyre special offer prices.

195/65R15  £47
205/55R16  £50
225/45R17  £53
225/40R18  £55
235/35R19  £65

The above sizes are just a selection of what we have in stock They are 5 of the most common sizes. The price includes fitting/balancing and VAT.

We also keep tyres for 4x4s and small/medium vans.

Sanchez

Garrett, the air con in my car isn't working at all. No air blowing out whatsoever. What could cause it? New filter needed?

GJL

what type of car and what year is it. No air at all as in blower not working or is it blowing but not chilled?

Sanchez

Blower not working at all. I'll pm you the details. Do you open Saturdays?

macdanger2

honestjohn.co.uk is a good spot to get reviews on second hand cars

GJL

‎2009 Audi A4 2.0 TDi 143BHP S-Line executive. Full Black leather interior, 58000miles with full service history. Blue tooth phone prep. Plenty of extras. Stunning! £15000.

Garrett 07771813386.

http://www.loughrancars.co.uk/stock.html?car=98385816

southdown

Parking the car this morning and a red light with a steering wheel and lock comes on.checked on the web it could be the steering wheel column and could cost £500 in some cases or possibly reprogramme on the computer.Anyone know anything about this type of thing?

snoopdog

looking for centre wheel cover caps for a 2000 ford focus, anyone know best place to get them?
Also the boot lid of my 5 door Mazda 6 has gone off centre. Car never been hit, any ideas??

Milltown Row2

The boot in of our Picaso keeps locking and opening whenever it wants, I think it's possessed, any ideas? The local priest won't do an exorcism
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2012, 01:02:22 PM
The boot in of our Picaso keeps locking and opening whenever it wants, I think it's possessed, any ideas? The local priest won't do an exorcism

Try paying your tax and he might come out and do something for you!  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on September 25, 2012, 01:50:56 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2012, 01:02:22 PM

Try paying your tax and he might come out and do something for you!  ;)

Oh the jokes are flying ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Right - car started making a funny noise as of yesterday. The engine sounds much louder when in neutral and rattles funnily when I'm trying to get to biting point. Fine when I'm on the move and accelerating.
It's a VW Eos TDi with 60k miles (and a leaky roof, and if you could fix that, I'd be down to Ballygawley in a heartbeat!). Any thoughts?

GJL

Quote from: Rois on September 26, 2012, 09:27:10 AM
Right - car started making a funny noise as of yesterday. The engine sounds much louder when in neutral and rattles funnily when I'm trying to get to biting point. Fine when I'm on the move and accelerating.
It's a VW Eos TDi with 60k miles (and a leaky roof, and if you could fix that, I'd be down to Ballygawley in a heartbeat!). Any thoughts?

Sounds like you need a clutch/flywheel replacement. Expensive enough job to be honest. The leaky roof we could look at as well.

Rois

Ah no way, really?  Ballpark?  And how long before it goes? 

Could you really look at leaky roof?  Donnellys only have one person in NI who is trained in Eos roofs which is why I am surprised, and he found nothing when I left it with him previously.