GAA memorabilia

Started by Hardy, March 25, 2007, 08:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Do we have any collectors of programmes, GAA publications, tickets etc. here who know the going rates for these things?

I've just heard, through a third party, that a friend of mine is about to offer me her late father's entire collection, which I understand is very large. I think she may not know the potential value of it, so I'd like to be able to say "thanks for the thought, but do you realise that an All-Ireland programme is worth €xx, a ticket is worth €yy, etc."

So does anyone know what an All-Ireland programme and ticket might be worth? Same for semi, provincial final, ordinary championship match, club match, etc?

Thanks.

Hardy

Thanks.  I did have a look at the Mealys catalogue on line (it's still there).  So thanks for the offer to send it, but no need.

You don't happen to know what some of the GAA stuff (apart from medals - I saw about them) went for at that auction? I ask because I don't know if it's true of the GAA stuff, but I discovered that some guide prices in the catalogue were vastly exceeded in the actual auction. I was bidding by phone on a few items (non GAA) at that auction that I stumbled across having been led there from here.  I'd never done it before, so wasn't sure what I was at. The first item, with a guide price of €300-€600 went for €3,000. The same trend continued and I gave up after about three lots. So I'm just wondering if that's the norm or if the GAA stuff went the same way.