The official "moon landings were a hoax" thread for nut jobs

Started by Eamonnca1, August 27, 2012, 12:03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 28, 2012, 04:41:24 PM
The human race is capable of some unbelievable stupidity where greed is concerned, and that would be just about the most boneheaded of the lot -- if the moon loses any (or all) of its gravitational pull on the Earth, life as we know it, would change utterly.

What force in the universe could cause that to happen?

thebigfella

Quote from: deiseach on August 28, 2012, 05:30:39 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 28, 2012, 04:41:24 PM
The human race is capable of some unbelievable stupidity where greed is concerned, and that would be just about the most boneheaded of the lot -- if the moon loses any (or all) of its gravitational pull on the Earth, life as we know it, would change utterly.

What force in the universe could cause that to happen?

A moon sized space station with  a giant laser, like the death star?

ross4life

If you believed they put a man on the moon, man on the moon...
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Eamonnca1

Jesus lads I have to admire the way so many of you rose to the bait.  Some of you are so convincing I think some of you might actually believe this conspiracy fantasy stuff.  The problem is that sometimes a parody can be so realistic that it's hard to tell if they're the real thing or not. It's like the conservatives in America who think that Stephen Colbert is a real conservative and not a piss-take of them.

stew

Quote from: laoislad on August 28, 2012, 06:07:06 PM
Eammonca1

Ah the aul dumb yank images come up again, lovely, anyone remember the tool in the celtic shirt with the sign that called for no foreign sports in Croker?

Do all the dumb fcuks live in America and is there such a thing as a dumb Russian, Brit or German?

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Forever Green

BennyCake

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2012, 02:13:34 PM
On May 25, 1961, President John F. Kennedy announced before a special joint session of Congress the dramatic and ambitious goal of sending an American safely to the Moon before the end of the decade. A number of political factors affected Kennedy's decision and the timing of it. In general, Kennedy felt great pressure to have the United States "catch up to and overtake" the Soviet Union in the "space race." Four years after the Sputnik shock of 1957, the cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin had become the first human in space on April 12, 1961, greatly embarrassing the U.S. While Alan Shepard became the first American in space on May 5, he only flew on a short suborbital flight instead of orbiting the Earth, as Gagarin had done. In addition, the Bay of Pigs fiasco in mid-April put unquantifiable pressure on Kennedy. He wanted to announce a program that the U.S. had a strong chance at achieving before the Soviet Union. 

Great amounts of American Tax payers money was invested over the decade. If after all this money which had been spent, their goal could not be achieved there would have been egg on face big time.

Just say coming close to the deadline of putting a man on the moon (before the end of the 60's) could not be achieved, what would the USA do? Tell the people it was a waste of Money? Look embarrassed in front of their competitors?

Crazy stuff happened in the USA in the 60's. Presidents and potential presidents were assinated, Civil rights leaders were murdered, Vietnam war, post McCarthyism  and all the cold war stuff. Putting a spin on things became a fact of American life. 

Spot on.

Hardy

Crazy stuff happened in the USA in the 60s. Therefore, the moon landings were faked.

Gotcha.

BennyCake

Quote from: Hardy on August 28, 2012, 07:02:36 PM
Crazy stuff happened in the USA in the 60s. Therefore, the moon landings were faked.

Gotcha.

Aye, cos that was the only words I requoted. Idiot.

Hardy

I know I'm going to regret this, but how do the rest of the "words (you) requoted" amount to any more than I summarised them as?

Oh, and to enter into the spirit of things: sap.

BennyCake

Quote from: Hardy on August 28, 2012, 07:40:19 PM
I know I'm going to regret this, but how do the rest of the "words (you) requoted" amount to any more than I summarised them as?

This is exactly what I said earlier. Ignore everything you see in front of you, because your mind is made up already, and nothing will convince you, no matter what.

I don't know why I revisited this thread, trying to talk to people who haven't even considered the idea the landings were fake, or who would want to look into it, in case they realised they might actually be wrong.

Gazzler

The Americans landed men on the moon alright,but only because they had the technology from the UFO that crashed at Roswell.

JimStynes

Quote from: BennyCake on August 28, 2012, 08:02:09 PM
Quote from: Hardy on August 28, 2012, 07:40:19 PM

This is exactly what I said earlier. Ignore everything you see in front of you, because your mind is made up already, and nothing will convince you, no matter what.

I don't know why I revisited this thread, trying to talk to people who haven't even considered the idea the landings were fake, or who would want to look into it, in case they realised they might actually be wrong.

WUM