All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spuds

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 30, 2012, 05:59:28 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 30, 2012, 03:13:48 PM
For a man who played inter county football and should know the levels of commitment required and lads put it, to come out with this shite is despicable  >:(

Londonderry p***k.
And you are a bigger one getting worked up about him and coming out with that shite. Typical blueshirt logic. Dr. Stroke and Francis Fitzgerald make a decent fist of it compared to your tripe.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Farrandeelin

One thing I must say in Joe's defence is that he speaks out what I'd safely say 99.9% of people are saying in other counties about Mayo at the minute. Which is rather unfortunate.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: hardstation on September 30, 2012, 08:35:21 PM
Ah Jaysus, that's what it is. Brolly probably got us banned from finals after we got stuffed in '89.
b**tard.

I wonder when he got Derry banned.

Thing is hardstation, we got stuffed by Kerry in 04 and 06, so he didn't get us banned yet. We put up a just about credible performance after the first 10 minutes the last day.

From the Bunker

I see that the sub heading on Brolly's Column says 'A view from above'. He must see himself as some God like character looking down on these mere football amateur mortals.

moysider

Quote from: spuds on September 30, 2012, 06:09:07 PM
For a man who played inter county football and should know the levels of commitment required and lads put it, to come out with this shite is despicable  >:(

Londonderry p***k.
And you are a bigger one getting worked up about him and coming out with that shite. Typical blueshirt logic. Dr. Stroke and Francis Fitzgerald make a decent fist of it compared to your tripe.

So what? Mayo people are saying worse. And from what I m hearing the players know they messed up big time too.

Bottom line is that we got sawed once again even before the game settled down. Not surprised a gobby like Brolly (nice rhyme  ;)) goes to town. Plenty local Mayos doin it as well. We all know we calved again.

To lose one parent, Mr Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both
looks like carelessness. Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895,

We ve been responsible for losing many parents/Sams by carelessness ( call it what you like) down the years.
Instead of worrying about the likes of Brolly, we need to cop the f**k on and not be so brittle.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 30, 2012, 09:49:50 PM
I see that the sub heading on Brolly's Column says 'A view from above'. He must see himself as some God like character looking down on these mere football amateur mortals.

Maybe he thinks North means Up.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

drici

This is dead interesting by the way the post match thread is breaking down - right to the point where a Declan Bogue type character/don't care whose family is damaged but not mine /(investigative)tout/mé féiner/just typical of the profession/must destroy people to feed my family has also offended Maigh Eo people.
Out of interest - Farrandeelin and all the Maigh Eo ones with humour - if youse live in/near a Gaeltacht area ie Maigh Eo - we're on the one road here - where did youse go to stay in the Gaeltacht during the summer when we were all i nDún na nGall like everyone else? Always wondered this. By their different accents when speaking Irish the Dubs all seemed to have been in Ros Muc. No béal bocht stuff anseo - just tell us the craic.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on October 01, 2012, 12:05:53 AM

So what? Mayo people are saying worse. And from what I m hearing the players know they messed up big time too.

Bottom line is that we got sawed once again even before the game settled down. Not surprised a gobby like Brolly (nice rhyme  ;)) goes to town. Plenty local Mayos doin it as well. We all know we calved again.

We ve been responsible for losing many parents/Sams by carelessness ( call it what you like) down the years.
Instead of worrying about the likes of Brolly, we need to cop the f**k on and not be so brittle.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on all counts.
Brolly has made an art form of gobshitery and innuendo but he can be right at times also.
I'm selectively quoting from him here:

"He's a classic Mayo forward. (Dillon)
Lacking steel, he goes well when the team goes well, invariably when they are huge underdogs--as they were against the Dubs this year and in 2006.
The excuse given last weekend was that Karl Lacey wa smarking him. In truth, Lacey didn't mark him at all, ignoring him for much of the game as he surged forward instead."
-------------------
"The conundrum Mayo needs to solve is this: Why is it that all Mayo forwards, with the honourable exception of Kevin McLoughlin, conform to this craven stereotype? Why do they flop when they are most needed?
It's a pity that this is so, since Mayo's forwards have always been highly skilled footballers."

I'm afraid I have to agree with all of that. I think Dillon had a good game, where a great game was needed. In the absence of Andy, he is the mainspring of the Mayo attack.
It would be very unfair to dump all the blame on Alan as no one else seemed willing and able to muck in and lead by example but Mayo forwards don't do goals and goals win games.
I am not qualified to know if Horan got his match ups right or not when he put Keane on Murphy and Caff on McFadden. Some of you say Horan got it right.
That's going by what happened in Ballyshannon in the league and when Murphy was playing further out from goal. Why wasn't a sweeper used to help Caff and Keane out when it was obvious that Donegal were changing their normal gameplan and had moved Murphy and McFadden forward?  Both backs did quite well when they switched over but by then the damage had been done.
But when O'Shea was thrown in to the edge of the square in the dying minutes, McGuinness pulled a man to double mark him. I've never questioned Horan's judgement before but I'd say he is having flashbacks now- same as the players. "If only..." me arse!
What's done is done and it's back to dreaming and hoping for next year.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

criostlinn

Quote from: moysider on October 01, 2012, 12:05:53 AM

Londonderry p***k.

Its beyond me why anyone would bother lining out on a Mayo team when this is the kind of shite they have to listen to from so called "supporters"

Ranger

screenexile

Lads do any of you know how newspapers work? If you think Brolly comes up with headlines or a line like "view from the top" you're off your heads!!

Here's the article that was in the Derry journal which I imagine is roughly similar to that posted in the Daily Mail:

http://www.derryjournal.com/community/columnists/brolly-s-bites-sam-changes-nothing-jimmy-s-winning-matches-1-4313160

Farrandeelin

Quote from: drici on October 01, 2012, 02:00:35 AM
This is dead interesting by the way the post match thread is breaking down - right to the point where a Declan Bogue type character/don't care whose family is damaged but not mine /(investigative)tout/mé féiner/just typical of the profession/must destroy people to feed my family has also offended Maigh Eo people.
Out of interest - Farrandeelin and all the Maigh Eo ones with humour - if youse live in/near a Gaeltacht area ie Maigh Eo - we're on the one road here - where did youse go to stay in the Gaeltacht during the summer when we were all i nDún na nGall like everyone else? Always wondered this. By their different accents when speaking Irish the Dubs all seemed to have been in Ros Muc. No béal bocht stuff anseo - just tell us the craic.

drici, ní dheachaigh mé go dtí aon Gaeltacht agus mise i mo dhéagóirí. Chuaigh mé ar feadh dhá coicíse nuair a bhí mé ag déanamh staidéar ar an mbunmúinteoireacht, ach sin é. Tá an méid Gaeilge foghlamtha agam agus mé i Rang a 4/5/6. Bhain mé taitneamh aistí agus tá an-ghrá agam don Ghaeilge inniu chomh maith.

However, I would imagine all the Dubs going to 'Irish college' alright in Conamara.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Londonderry p***k.

I actually despise the term, but I think its appropriate in his case. Writing for the Daily Fail Rule Brittania Gutter-rag makes the "London" appropriate in my mind, that and he is a hateful gobshite.

(Also, still a little sore about the loss, might not be mature but still thats the way it is)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

macdanger2

Hardly a surprise. Keep your two euro in your pocket next time

ballinaman

I've more sense than that to buy the Mail in fairness! Got the picture off twitter