All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Was Danny Geraghty used the last day moysider? I don't think he was. He's another buck you could throw in to hammer away at the likes of Donegal's midfielders.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 17, 2012, 10:25:27 PM
Good man yourself Deel. I hope all the gaaboard regulars from both counties get sorted.

Cheers Deelin are you heading up for the 7 a side on Saturday ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

emmetryan

I'll be along for the Crokes 7s. If anyone's there say do come over and say hi.
writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Farrandeelin

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 17, 2012, 10:29:57 PM
Good man yourself Deel. I hope all the gaaboard regulars from both counties get sorted.

What time do they start at?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo Mick

Sunday will bring Donegal into unfamiliar territory. First AI for all their players and first time this year playing a team who will not be spooked by them. Up to now all the teams Donegal played have become obsessed with how to beat the Donegal system and have been psyched out of it by McGuiness. On Sunday McGuiness will have to think how does he beat us knowing that we won't fall into the trap of setting up our team out of fear of Donegal.

Cork and Kerry both had poorish half back lines (Brosnan was a big loss to Kerry)which made the counter attacking game easier and the Cork midfield did not function. I expect we will at least break even at midfield, will stem the counter attacks well out the field and our forwards will test the Donegal defence with more direct running than they are used to. Our FB has been brilliant all year and I can't see us conceding much more than 9 or 10 scores.  Expect a final score of 2-11 to 1-9 or something like that for us and maybe more as Donegal will leave gaps when they are chasing the game. 

Can only see one result – pity it's Donegal we have to beat as we have much in common but no room for sentiment. 

If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 17, 2012, 10:29:09 PM
Was Danny Geraghty used the last day moysider? I don't think he was. He's another buck you could throw in to hammer away at the likes of Donegal's midfielders.

No he wasn t but he was in the 26. Carolan was as well.

Donegal s midfield is the best we ll have met. Gallagher is the alpha male midfielder in the country now imo. O Sé was missing in Ballyshannon but Gallaghers display was still scary. The Cork monobrows in midfield didn t compete well. Mind you post match analysis on that game seems to have neglected how badly Cork approached that game in general - from selection, tactics, attitude. Manager sitting down with his head in his hands said it all.

mylestheslasher

Mayo will win I reckon and I hope they do to. Just a warning to everyone to avoid the n4 this weekend. With the Donegal boy racers and the mayo lads unable to use indicators it could be a dangerous place to be.

macdanger2

Quote from: ballinaman on September 17, 2012, 10:05:49 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 17, 2012, 06:23:48 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 17, 2012, 04:05:32 PM

I put 20 euro on Donegal at 14/1 in February  >:(......paddy power can keep it

Never mind that - stick 90 on Mayo @ 3.15 and you're 190 beans up regardless :)
Legend. Done in the morn!

Be sure and back in the "Winner" market rather than the "Match Odds" market - you don't want to get screwed by a draw!

Will Doc keep his place? Out from that massive point, he was poor enough the last day

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 17, 2012, 11:04:32 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 17, 2012, 10:05:49 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 17, 2012, 06:23:48 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 17, 2012, 04:05:32 PM

I put 20 euro on Donegal at 14/1 in February  >:(......paddy power can keep it

Never mind that - stick 90 on Mayo @ 3.15 and you're 190 beans up regardless :)
Legend. Done in the morn!

Be sure and back in the "Winner" market rather than the "Match Odds" market - you don't want to get screwed by a draw!

Will Doc keep his place? Out from that massive point, he was poor enough the last day

I dont think there ll be any change. People are moaning about Jason alright but I think he s trying to do a job that he s been asked to do - and probably doin it as well as anybody else in panel could. Sure he s no no. 11 ( O Connor could be something of a traditional 11) but no way is Horan going to play McLoughlin or Dillon there and he s right. I ve had this out before with Tyr- wats his name? We don t play an 11. The only reason Doc is at 11 instead of Feeney or another defender is that he is preferable to get on the end of things. Don t forget that as well as all the ball breaking covering he was doing he could have buried a goal as well as taking that point. We have to accept that whoever is playing at 11 is going to be a water carrier. If he gets on end of things it is a bonus. Horan must have loved that point by Doc.

drici

Orchardman

Quote from: drici on September 17, 2012, 09:16:03 PM

always like a good supplement, when are they out this week, is the irish news doing their usual big splash?

Cosmo Kramer

I feel sorry for Ronan as well, it's hard to believe he's dropped to sixth choice midfielder this year. However fair play to him for sticking in there as part of the panel and on the off chance that there are winners medals being distributed around the squad this weekend he is as deserving of one as any of them.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

screenexile

Quote from: Mayo Mick on September 17, 2012, 10:56:52 PM
Sunday will bring Donegal into unfamiliar territory. First AI for all their players and first time this year playing a team who will not be spooked by them. Up to now all the teams Donegal played have become obsessed with how to beat the Donegal system and have been psyched out of it by McGuiness. On Sunday McGuiness will have to think how does he beat us knowing that we won't fall into the trap of setting up our team out of fear of Donegal.

Cork and Kerry both had poorish half back lines (Brosnan was a big loss to Kerry)which made the counter attacking game easier and the Cork midfield did not function. I expect we will at least break even at midfield, will stem the counter attacks well out the field and our forwards will test the Donegal defence with more direct running than they are used to. Our FB has been brilliant all year and I can't see us conceding much more than 9 or 10 scores.  Expect a final score of 2-11 to 1-9 or something like that for us and maybe more as Donegal will leave gaps when they are chasing the game. 

Can only see one result – pity it's Donegal we have to beat as we have much in common but no room for sentiment.

I have to say for a County that have suffered so badly in the past I admire your blind optimism. I think you're completely wrong btw but fair play to you for getting so up for the game.

If Mayo do somehow win this game on Sunday I would be more than happy for them as I feel the County deserve it having been so close on a number of occasions. Best of luck to ye!! 

moysider

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on September 17, 2012, 11:50:59 PM
I feel sorry for Ronan as well, it's hard to believe he's dropped to sixth choice midfielder this year. However fair play to him for sticking in there as part of the panel and on the off chance that there are winners medals being distributed around the squad this weekend he is as deserving of one as any of them.

He should be in his prime now as a midfielder and a dominant force like Gallagher but his illness took away his mature years when he would have come into his own. He has not been able to get back to the level. Not without trying it has to be said.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 17, 2012, 10:29:57 PM

Did you get your ticket from the club? Saw a couple of lads on twitter giving out about the number (and location) of the tickets received. They were comparing with the Donegal club allocation reported in the Donegal Democrat (I think)
Hasta la victoria siempre