All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuconnacht

Quote from: ONeill on September 17, 2012, 04:42:41 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 17, 2012, 02:27:23 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 16, 2012, 10:56:57 PM

Excellent. One point - Mayo's meanest defence -  in the All-Ireland series - 2-9 and 0-16 against. That 0-16 also included 2 great goal chances for the opposition. Outside of their provincial run (Leitrim and Sligo) I don't buy that. In the league 0-17 against Donegal, 1-13 against Down, 0-14 against Cork, 1-12 against Kerry, 2-10 against Coark again. Seems average.
Whoa there, Nelly, whoa!
I said meanest not tightest.
Any Donegal bucko who expects to savour the sweet taste of success on Sunday will find himself ingesting a few gobfuls of Croke Park soil before he knows what's hit him.
Mayo backs don't do prisoners- hostages maybe but no encumbrances of any sort.
Be forewarned! ;D

As a Mayo octogenarian, surely you see the value in downplaying your chances. You've experienced the downs too many times now.
Jeez Lar,I didnt know ya had 8 arms,any chance ya stickin on a jersey and suring up midfield for us on sunday. ;D
Experienced Downs twice this year,lost one won one ;)

macdanger2

Quote from: ballinaman on September 17, 2012, 04:05:32 PM

I put 20 euro on Donegal at 14/1 in February  >:(......paddy power can keep it

Never mind that - stick 90 on Mayo @ 3.15 and you're 190 beans up regardless :)

cadence

Quote from: cuconnacht on September 17, 2012, 07:13:24 AM
Quote from: cadence on September 16, 2012, 05:41:43 PM
Quote from: cuconnacht on September 16, 2012, 05:27:32 PM
Quote from: cadence on September 16, 2012, 12:17:56 PM
Quote from: cuconnacht on September 16, 2012, 06:59:54 AM
Quote from: cadence on September 15, 2012, 02:37:58 PM
Quote from: cuconnacht on September 15, 2012, 06:51:13 AM
Quote from: cadence on September 15, 2012, 03:22:31 AM
drunken post, so apologies for the common sense...

i think this game will be a belter. we have two team who are very different from one another. wee're the counter attacking crowd and mayo tend to play a more open game. mayo forwards as a unit have kicked some great scores to date, whereas we've upon the bandstand crew but also our counterattackers. very drunk but this is fact. haha.
You were doin great there for the first half of that bottle of donegal mountain dew cadence,but i lost ya for the econd half ofth buideal :D.go ta bed Cadence ;D

;D  it's my first druken post here.... i'm quite proud of myself! feeling naw too bad today either. needed to get some drink training in for the trip over to dublin so last night's run out will do me no harm.

as an observation, first half of donegal mountain dew goes down easily enough. it's when the second half kicks in that reality starts to bite.
:)Im proud of ya too cadence,fierce strong stuff that donegal montain dew,shared a bottle recently with 2 aranmore men and a dunloe lad,we nearly built a boat to go back an take the country by storm but we couldnt find an axe thank god.Ye as well  as ourselves might be needing that trainin for a few years to come yet,feck the rest of the country.Any chance of sendin us ore a wee drop ;)(trade secret,drink the bottom half o the bottle first an y,ell be sound ;D

i'll swap you a bottle for a ticket!
Im gonna see and raise ya C,I,ll give ya four tickets for four bottles.

Bring a jumper!their for  leabgarra  ferry in 1st week a november.God damn Doney men and their mountain dew,the only thing worse than than postin drunk,is makin a solemn agreement with Tir Conallites in da same condition or callin yer wife at three in da mornin and tellin her yer late coz ya had to help robinhood or spiderman fight crime.Ach eist,your donegal agus mise mayo,the one  thing we do well to world wide acclaim is dig tunnels,your 4buideals and my shovels, jones road midnight saturday 22,what says ya. ;D

;D

i don't fly in until sunday morning, but if you get her started i'll bring the air spade and a muck board and we'll skip the breakfast and horse into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwlsko1YqkM
;D sound,on me way you bring the teabags :D  .Thats a great we video too,good find,have look at it again though,that mans capeen seems to have a life of its own,like he has a pet frog or somethin underneath or am i seein things :D

think that vid was posted on here is where i first seen it. he is as pissed as a frog i think, if that's possible. good luck sunday!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ONeill on September 17, 2012, 05:31:58 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on September 14, 2012, 10:55:15 PM

I attended the 1992 All-Ireland semi-final between these two counties and I can honestly say that it was the biggest waste of time and money in my life - it cost 3 punts to stand on the hill. The "football" played was shocking, but I fear this year's final will be worse.

I think we're in for clinker. Both counties are capable of posting decent scores from all over the field. You'll have 28 players covering every blade of grass if needs be. Donegal have scored some fine team goals this year. Overall I can see this final creating the same emotions experienced at a typical ladies game. You know the standard will be below average and there'll be some laugh out loud moments but you'll come away thinking that was enjoyable. It's refreshing and gives hope to all counties no matter their ability.

Sure it was Donegal in 1992 that gave hope to all Ulster teams and look where that took you . I think it's going to be a shi*te match with us winning by 8 points to 7.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

cadence

well, we kinda know one thing for sure about both counties, which is that each have become astute practitioners of modern gaelic. that's down to the managers, who have got players playing in ways that is constantly at the cusp of becoming something better and improved. tactics change and players have to adapt to what is prescribed which is created by what has happened before and what is needed to improve. and so it's difficult to predict how it will pan out. as the dude says... This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's. And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head.

Lar Naparka

Excellent. One point - Mayo's meanest defence -  in the All-Ireland series - 2-9 and 0-16 against. That 0-16 also included 2 great goal chances for the opposition. Outside of their provincial run (Leitrim and Sligo) I don't buy that. In the league 0-17 against Donegal, 1-13 against Down, 0-14 against Cork, 1-12 against Kerry, 2-10 against Coark again. Seems average.
Whoa there, Nelly, whoa!
Any Donegal bucko who expects to savour the sweet taste of success on Sunday will find himself ingesting a few gobfuls of Croke Park soil before he knows what's hit him.
Be forewarned! ;D

As a Mayo octogenarian, surely you see the value in downplaying your chances. You've experienced the downs too many times now.

Bejaysus, O'Neill, I read the first two words and lost me way after that.
Which of us is the "Mayo octogenarian?" I've a good few years to go yet before I can even think about getting a bus pass so it can't be me. You're not an octo etc. from Mayo by any chance?
Given the sheer volume of shite you usually manage to squeeze into a single sentence, you could  qualify on both counts.
Like I say, it's hard to make out if you're giving me advice here or recounting your own doleful experiences.
Be that as it may, I've some observations to pass along to you to help you better understand the Mayo psyche. Like everyone else on this planet, Mayo people have their downs. But whatever the reason for falling, we never stay down for long. We always bounce back and Sunday will be no exception.
We'll back away from no man and from very few women and that's for sure.

KEEP THE FAITH!

(And we'll be back next year also to defend our title; so there!) :o
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ONeill

Mayo final defeats: 16 21 32 48 89 96 97 04 06

Mayo champions: 36 50 51

Trying to find a pattern here.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ONeill on September 17, 2012, 08:54:59 PM
Mayo final defeats: 16 21 32 48 89 96 97 04 06

Mayo champions: 36 50 51

Trying to find a pattern here.

I'm trying to find the time Tyrone won 2 in a row.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

drici

Cosmo Kramer

A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

ballinaman

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 17, 2012, 06:23:48 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 17, 2012, 04:05:32 PM

I put 20 euro on Donegal at 14/1 in February  >:(......paddy power can keep it

Never mind that - stick 90 on Mayo @ 3.15 and you're 190 beans up regardless :)
Legend. Done in the morn!

the Deel Rover

Jesus tickets are like hens teeth . Just got one in my lamha it's for the hill but truth be told if i was told it was on for on top of the roof of the stand i'd have taken it. There is something really special about the build up to the Ai final and this year is even better. Mayo and donegal people have a lot in common ,very similiar personalties don't take life too serious,enjoy the banter and the craic both have been hit by emigration over the years and i'm sure many will be coming home for Sunday.It should be special.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 17, 2012, 08:46:01 PM

Whoa there, Nelly, whoa!
Be forewarned! ;D

Bejaysus, O'Neill, I read the first two words and lost me way after that.
Which of us is the "Mayo octogenarian?" I've a good few years to go yet before I can even think about getting a bus pass so it can't be me. You're not an octo etc. from Mayo by any chance?
Given the sheer volume of shite you usually manage to squeeze into a single sentence, you could  qualify on both counts.
Like I say, it's hard to make out if you're giving me advice here or recounting your own doleful experiences.
Be that as it may, I've some observations to pass along to you to help you better understand the Mayo psyche. Like everyone else on this planet, Mayo people have their downs. But whatever the reason for falling, we never stay down for long. We always bounce back and Sunday will be no exception.
We'll back away from no man and from very few women and that's for sure.

KEEP THE FAITH!

(And we'll be back next year also to defend our title; so there!) :o

;D  Love that sentence Lar  ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Farrandeelin

Good man yourself Deel. I hope all the gaaboard regulars from both counties get sorted.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Anybody care to speculate about selections?

I believe Horan has a decision to make in the half back line but I expect him to keep it on even keel there with the same again - even though I think we could be walking into a haymaker of our own making there. After the semi, Barrett and Richie would be entitled to wonder a bit but then again it s a 20 (at least) man thing. Hopefully Richie will have recovered anyway and while he s done enough to start I d agree with holding him because he seems to know what is required when introduced.

It appears that McGarrity's comeback attempt has not worked out and he won t be in the reckoning. Fair play to him for putting in the work to try to get there and it must be a huge disappointment. Respect for his efforts in the squad.

Seamie O Sé and Jason Gibbons looked grand against Dubs it has to be said. We can freshen things up there.