All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Well done Donegal. Best team around this year and had this won after 10 mins  in effect despite a brave struggle by our lovely neighbours.
Good to see it was a Mayo team with no West Ros people on it.
At least the Ballagh patriots can have their town back now.
I thought Deegan was very easy on Mayo at times.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

thebuzz

Congratulations Donegal. Enjoy the parties. I was worried at half time but I should have known....

ONeill

Edge of the seat? Mayo barely got within a sniff. Twice in the second half when they'd pulled it back to three they abandoned what had put them in contention in the first place and just hoofed her from midfield when they'd 2-3 runners waiting for the pass. Getting within 3 created a couple of hotheads.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

johnpower

Congratd Donegal best team on the day and best team in the Country

Lar Naparka

Without a doubt , the better team won.
I've a strong feeling that Donegal will be a force for some years to come.
I've no problem with being beaten to a better side and we certainly were today.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! :D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mylestheslasher

Donegal deserved winners today. Feel sorry for Mayo,  nothing between the teams other than Mayo making a terrible start and once donegal get ahead by a few points its really difficult to reel them in

Rossfan

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 23, 2012, 07:33:04 PM
I've a strong feeling that Donegal will be a force for some years to come.

They'll find it difficult to keep up their legendary intense training etc now that they have an AI under their belts.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Hard Luck Mayo. It is still a work in progress. Started in Pearse Park and went forward every season. Hopefully they will learn from this and go all the way next year .   

orangeman

Well done Donegal.

What an achievement coming back from the wreckage of Crossmaglen only 3 years ago.

babarino

Hats off to Mayo for the sporting attitude after their defeat in the final today. It surely must have been difficult; as a Monaghan man I can only imagine the hurt they must feel.

Donegal, a side we would have been confident about beating a couple of years ago, have obviously developed immensely and were just too strong and got off to a blistering start.

Deserved champions, well done...when the players stop listening to Jimmy, maybe he'd like to come down our way.

J70

Quote from: orangeman on September 23, 2012, 07:51:38 PM
Well done Donegal.

What an achievement coming back from the wreckage of Crossmaglen only 3 years ago.

Two years ago!

imtommygunn

I think there is an AI in this Mayo team. Horan was very astute tactically but for putting the no. 2 on Murphy.(He was very good off Murphy). They negated Donegals counters on a lot of occasions and it's rare you would see Donegal make so many unforced errors. Vaughan was excellent at #6 (should have been sent off incidentally as should have been booked for high tackle but McGee at #5 for Donegal should also have walked). Also no. 5 very good for Mayo and Moran is coming good too.

Donegal are a formidable outfit though and just a bit much on the day. Their strength in the tackle, all round, was probably too much for Mayo. They also have the finishers when it counts in McFadden and Murphy and McGlynn and Thompson's attacks are very hard to match. I thought Kavanagh was great today in midfield and McHugh as usual pretty good too.

I don't see Donegal dominating but maybe there's another year or two in them. I don't think there'll be the hunger to put the time and effort they've been putting in for too much more time.

I thought Spillane's comment was fairly accurate at the start in that it's probably just a bit too early for that Mayo team. A year or two more and I think they'll be there.

emmetryan

writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

theticklemister

No2 on Murphy??? Murphy had his best game of the year.anyone know where I can get sunday game in england, any streams?

Dougal Maguire

Very enjoyable day, great atmosphere, not a brilliant match, but credit to Donegal and Mayo. The booing of free takers could be done without mind you.
Careful now