All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Will you stop with the "no one is giving us a chance" whinging. You're impressing  no one.

spuds

Quote from: J70 on September 13, 2012, 10:13:39 PM
Will you stop with the "no one is giving us a chance" whinging. You're impressing  no one.
Spake for yourself horse.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Square Ball

Sorry but

Bredaghg GAC are running a draw for 2 AI football or hurling final tickets, tickets cost £5. details at http://www.bredaghgac.com/  or http://www.myclubfinances.com/tickets.asp?LL_ID=499&CLB=1
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 13, 2012, 03:45:29 PM
The towns and Villages in Mayo are gradually beginning to put up the Good Luck Signs, Bunting and Flags! In the interest of Hype containment many have held back until now and some are waiting until the weekend. I know hype is often blamed on Mayo past performances in AI Finals. But i must say the buzz is beginning to kick in and it is rather enjoyable. God knows we have had more than our fair share of Finals in the past 15 years and each one was special (leading up to it at least). There is a waiting in the long grass (probably because the weather was so bad that feck all Silage or Hay was saved) in Mayo this year, nobody is giving us a chance. (No offence intended to our Neighbours but) If Galway had reached an AI Final beating reigning AI Champions Dublin, Down and winning Connacht two years in a row, as well as Beating Kerry earlier in a League semi in Croker and Beating reigning AI Champions Cork last year. Actually if Donegal had done the same, we'd hear the same value put on their successes as they are presently getting. I suppose what has people thinking Mayo will be a push over is their performance in last years AI Semi v Kerry and this years League Final v Cork where on both occasions they were seriously outclassed! Only thing is that on both occasions they were further on than Donegal in both competitions. Anyway have to go out to put up Bunting. Come on Mayo

Been positively disgusted, dismayed and distraught by how many closeted Mayo supporters have announced themselves on my oul' cycle of the by-roads. Nearly fell off the cycle when I saw one house with a Donegal and a Mayo flag up. That'd be a fine house to be in right now.

drici

Heading to St Annes on the Saturday afternoon by public transport from Dublin centre. Anyone any idea of buses? - seems a good bit out of the town.

moysider

whoever 'you' is, is still right though. Look at the current Paddy Power odds below. Fairly damning for final with 2 new teams. And I expect that very few media punters will even tolerate Mayo. They ll be running away from us again like they were before the Dub match. So what? Doesn t bother me. At the end of the day players have to turn up and perform.

23rd Sep 2012  15:30  Donegal v Mayo

Live betting on this event   Home  4/9  Draw15/2  Away5/2 

From the Bunker

But they aren't being given a chance. There's no harm in it. It's just the was the media have built Donegal up and put Mayo down so to speak. Not Donegal or Mayo's fault, they are just bystanders in the AI Final media circus.

Orchardman, When i said ''Only thing is that on both occasions they were further on than Donegal in both competitions.'' I meant that Mayo had beaten more respectable opposition in the Quarter final last year. I acknowledged that we were outclassed by Kerry in the semifinal. I'm not knocking Donegal, but they parked the Bus for the last half a hour against Dublin last year. Not scoring for the last 30 minutes and creating little or no chances during this period, with Dublin playing with 14 for the last 15 minutes. Donegal scored 6 points in that game!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: drici on September 13, 2012, 10:31:05 PM

Heading to St Annes on the Saturday afternoon by public transport from Dublin centre. Anyone any idea of buses? - seems a good bit out of the town.

The 49 bus goes out that direction as far as Old Bawn drici.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

drici

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 13, 2012, 10:50:17 PM

The 49 bus goes out that direction as far as Old Bawn drici.

GRMA. That'll do the job.

RMDrive

Quote from: Syferus on September 13, 2012, 10:26:03 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on September 13, 2012, 03:45:29 PM
The towns and Villages in Mayo are gradually beginning to put up the Good Luck Signs, Bunting and Flags! In the interest of Hype containment many have held back until now and some are waiting until the weekend. I know hype is often blamed on Mayo past performances in AI Finals. But i must say the buzz is beginning to kick in and it is rather enjoyable. God knows we have had more than our fair share of Finals in the past 15 years and each one was special (leading up to it at least). There is a waiting in the long grass (probably because the weather was so bad that feck all Silage or Hay was saved) in Mayo this year, nobody is giving us a chance. (No offence intended to our Neighbours but) If Galway had reached an AI Final beating reigning AI Champions Dublin, Down and winning Connacht two years in a row, as well as Beating Kerry earlier in a League semi in Croker and Beating reigning AI Champions Cork last year. Actually if Donegal had done the same, we'd hear the same value put on their successes as they are presently getting. I suppose what has people thinking Mayo will be a push over is their performance in last years AI Semi v Kerry and this years League Final v Cork where on both occasions they were seriously outclassed! Only thing is that on both occasions they were further on than Donegal in both competitions. Anyway have to go out to put up Bunting. Come on Mayo

Been positively disgusted, dismayed and distraught by how many closeted Mayo supporters have announced themselves on my oul' cycle of the by-roads. Nearly fell off the cycle when I saw one house with a Donegal and a Mayo flag up. That'd be a fine house to be in right now.

That could very well be my house. I'll have the Mayo flag taken down to reduce the risk of cycling casualties.

Harold Disgracey

I'll probably be there as well on Saturday afternoon, if you bring your boots I'll get you a game!

donegal lad

Has anyone else heard that the Donegal county board has sent out tickets for a draw with every all Ireland ticket to the clubs. Apparently the clubs have been told the have sell 1 raffle ticket per ticket or pa the fee for it e.g a levy don't think many club members are gonna be happy if they re charged 85-90 for their all Ireland ticket have given the county training fund enough support recently

armaghniac

QuoteApparently the clubs have been told the have sell 1 raffle ticket per ticket or pa the fee for it e.g a levy don't think many club members are gonna be happy if they re charged 85-90 for their all Ireland ticket have given the county training fund enough support recently

No. It would be better if Cork had beaten Donegal and saved everyone all this money.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

donegal lad

Quote from: armaghniac on September 14, 2012, 11:12:04 AM
QuoteApparently the clubs have been told the have sell 1 raffle ticket per ticket or pa the fee for it e.g a levy don't think many club members are gonna be happy if they re charged 85-90 for their all Ireland ticket have given the county training fund enough support recently

No. It would be better if Cork had beaten Donegal and saved everyone all this money.
The fact is the ticket price is €80 a club member in mayo will pay that a club member in Donegal won't and it's put pressure on the clubs to sell these tickets every time someone refuses to buy the extra raffle ticket the club must pay the cc €5. M own club got 261 tickets so if no one will pay the extra €5 (which they don't have to) the club will be charged 1005 by the county board which is an unexpected levy which they will struggle to pay

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on September 14, 2012, 09:14:23 AM

I'll probably be there as well on Saturday afternoon, if you bring your boots I'll get you a game!

I'd say he'd be as well to leave the boots and any other unnecessary luggage behind him.
While the 49 is the most convenient bus to take from the city centre, he'll still have over a mile of a walk to get to St Annes. (Use the Old Mill pub as the landmark to get off at Old Bawn.) The last bit is a fairly steep climb up from Bohernabreena Road to the club grounds.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi