All Ireland senior football final 2012 Donegal v Mayo

Started by rrhf, August 26, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Canalman on September 07, 2012, 05:32:30 PM
Won't lose sleep about the tickets for the final but there was at least imho twice as many Donegal fans at the semi final last year as were Mayo fans this year. Glad to see the amount of tickets each club in Donegal got as  I reckon that it should satisfy the most deserving in those clubs.

Don't know where the figures came (or even if they are accurate) from but will definitely put some pressure on Mayo CB  ( and indeed CBs in the future)to do likewise ( *if as I said these figures are not a spoof).

So there were 60,000 Donegal fans and only 20,000 Dubs at the match last year!!!  :o

Donegal gets more amazing by the second.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Canalman

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 07, 2012, 05:34:35 PM
Won't lose sleep about the tickets for the final but there was at least imho twice as many Donegal fans at the semi final last year as were Mayo fans this year. Glad to see the amount of tickets each club in Donegal got as  I reckon that it should satisfy the most deserving in those clubs.

Don't know where the figures came (or even if they are accurate) from but will definitely put some pressure on Mayo CB  ( and indeed CBs in the future)to do likewise ( *if as I said these figures are not a spoof).

So there were 60,000 Donegal fans and only 20,000 Dubs at the match last year!!!  :o

Are you  seriously saying there was 30,000 Mayo fans at the game last Sunday???
Genuinely there was way more Donegal fans there last year than Mayo this year.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Canalman on September 07, 2012, 05:38:37 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 07, 2012, 05:34:35 PM

Are you  seriously saying there was 30,000 Mayo fans at the game last Sunday???
Genuinely there was way more Donegal fans there last year than Mayo this year.

I have no doubht there was more, but twice as many  ???

Mayo crowd was 20-30k even at 20,000 your telling my 50% of the crowd V the Dubs last year was from Donegal! (You didn't notice us outside, because we were already in the stadium when most of the Dubs were still arriving, despite Dublin being in the minor match).

Donegal have big garish yellow yokes for jersies they are always going to stick out more, Mayo fans have to be loud to let you know we are there, and we always let ye know we are there  ;)

Orchardman

I was at the dublin semi final last year, and apart from hill 16 there was at least 50% of the other 3 stands in donegal yellow. Granted they stick out more but i've never seen the dubs so close to being outnumbered, though armagh were close in 02.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Orchardman on September 07, 2012, 06:55:35 PM
I was at the dublin semi final last year, and apart from hill 16 there was at least 50% of the other 3 stands in donegal yellow. Granted they stick out more but i've never seen the dubs so close to being outnumbered, though armagh were close in 02.

I'm sure we matched them in 2006

squire_in_navy_slacks

In fairness Donegal fans ye have your work cut out as the Mayo buckos were the loudest Ive heard in a long time, from their 1st point to there last they really got behind there team............ fair play to them

drici

drici

Sam2011

Ourselves are now following in Donegal's footsteps:

In advance of this years All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Final the Mayo Senior Football team will be holding an open evening for all our supporters in Elverys MacHale Park next Friday 14th September between 6.30p.m. - 7.30p.m.

We will have a jam packed exciting evening for you the supporter where you can meet all our players and management as well as other exciting activities. Have your face painted in the county colours; meet our senior footballers. Get Autographs, jerseys signed etc.

We will have souvenir posters of the Mayo Senior Football Team squad available to purchase on the evening.

This open evening will only last for one hour and will finish at 7.30p.m. where supporters will be asked to vacate the pitch area as the team get down to their team training.

There will be no media interviews by players or management during this time.

This is an opportunity not to be missed and a memorable night will be had by all in attendance.
The evening kicks off at 6.30p.m. in Elverys MacHale Park, Castlebar.

cadence

this was in the 29/08/2012 ed. of gaelic life.

the donegal creed...

in the name of jim, rory and all of donegal. we believe in one goal, the sam, the almighty saviour who has been seen and hopefully will not go unseen. we believe in one man, jim, a son of tir chonaill, eternally begotten of the county board, game to game, win to win, true hero is our jim, begotten not made of one being of the county, through him the system was made. for us and our salvation he came down from glenties and by the power of charlie cannon he became manager. we were incarnated from john joe and became men. for our sake murphy was pulled from full forward, jim suffered greatly and was crucified by the pundits. on the third sunday he will climb the steps in accordance with the dreams of many. he will ascend into folklore and be seated at the right hand of mceniff.
we believe in colm anthony, the lord, the giver of scores who proceeds with his brother-in-laws along with murphy and mcglynn they are worshipped and glorified. he has spoken through his actions. we believe in one holy catholic paul durkan and his holey goal. we acknowledge in lacey and mchugh. we acknowledge the macgees and forgive their sins. we look forward to the return of sam to the hills and the biggest party in the county to come. in the name of jim, rory and all of donegal. amen. 

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

REDCOL

Club Allocation  in Mayo

16 Senior Clubs - 108 Tickets Each
16 Intermediate Clubs - 88 Tickets Each
19 Junior Clubs - 68 Tickets Each

Plus Club with Player on panel entitled to 10 extra tckets - roughly 350

Roughly 5000 to Clubs, if Mayo.Micks figures right Donegal Clubs got 12,000 tickets with 12 less clubs

blast05

That's only the first allocation to the clubs ... I know for example that there will be an extra 40 or so tickets to clubs that raise €2k. Unfortunate reality is that county board have to use this opportunity to raise as much money as possible.

REDCOL

Ah thats ok then. Clubs can go out and raise another 2k for the county board for the opportunity to buy 40 more tickets they should of got in the first place, on top of the 7500 they have to give for the county draw and 8000 in affiliatons.

Rossfan

Maybe ye should give up ye're place in the Final as a  protest  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM