Ulster Minor Football Club Championship 2012 (at Saint Pauls)

Started by drici, August 15, 2012, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Fair play to Glen. As good a minor team that I have seen in the competition for a long time. Easing off at the finish taking off some of their best players with 20 minutes to go (O Hara and Mc Fall). Two in a row looks inevitable now.

Club Rossa

Of the starting 15 that won the Tyrone championship Ardboe will have 13 available next year.Our captain Peter O'Neill and county minor Michael Cassidy will be overage.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: bannside on December 03, 2012, 05:43:16 PM
Fair play to Glen. As good a minor team that I have seen in the competition for a long time. Easing off at the finish taking off some of their best players with 20 minutes to go (O Hara and Mc Fall). Two in a row looks inevitable now.

Plenty of good teams left in the competition. We won't be getting ahead of ourselves. Warrenpoint will get the utmost respect from Glen!!

SaffronStar

Just seen the two match reports in the Irish news to summarise glen strolled through and never really got any test good job from there keeper ciaran McCoy on a penalty save early on, Ryan Dougan with a MoM performance and full forward Conor Convery with two goals to his name. In the other affair Ardboe looked like strolling to a victory themselves with MoM Michael Cassidy on fine form scoring 2-4 and a class apart with the ball in hand, and at the back Keeper Conor Quinn deserving much of the credit pulling of a few splendid saves. With Ardboe looking good for their lead the Cavan lads pulled it back but the LoughShore lads just did enough to squeeze through with a late Winner from Michael Lynn

Any craic

See Watty Grahams best goal against St John's on Sunday, they're looking good for 2 in-a-row: http://tinyurl.com/c4dh7zm

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Any craic on December 04, 2012, 04:45:17 PM
See Watty Grahams best goal against St John's on Sunday, they're looking good for 2 in-a-row: http://tinyurl.com/c4dh7zm

Less of that talk. Plenty of work to do yet. Thanks for the link though ;)

theticklemister

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 04, 2012, 04:47:54 PM

Walter what club are you from??? Yer not from Glen by any chance?

Walter Cronc

Quote from: theticklemister on December 04, 2012, 04:52:59 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 04, 2012, 04:47:54 PM

Walter what club are you from??? Yer not from Glen by any chance?

Calm the hype big lad, calm er ;)

theticklemister

drici

Sunday 25th November
Quarter Final:
Donagh St Patricks(Fermanagh) 2-08  Castleblayney Faughs(Monaghan) 1-15
1-30pm   St Pauls

Quarter Final:
Donegal Champions v Killeavy St Moninnas(Armagh) Walk Over for Killeavy St Moninnas

Saturday 1st December
Quarter Final:
Lavey-Castlerahan(Cavan) 2-09  Ardboe O Donovan Rossa(Tyrone) 2-10
1-30pm   St Pauls

Sunday 2nd December
Preliminary Round:
St Johns(Antrim) 0-10  Glen Watty Grahams(Derry) 3-12
1-30pm   St Pauls

Sunday 9th December
Quarter Final:
Warrenpoint St Peters(Down) v Glen Watty Grahams(Derry)
1-30pm   St Pauls

Sunday 16th December
Semi Final:
Killeavy St Moninnas(Armagh) v Castleblayney Faughs(Monaghan)
1-30pm   St Pauls

Wednesday 26th December
Semi Final:
Ardboe O Donovan Rossa(Tyrone) v Down/Derry
1-30pm   St Pauls

Tuesday 1st January
Final:
1-30pm   St Pauls

elk

Although Glen are worthy favourites for the Ulster title, Warrenpoint could prove to be a banana skin. In the Down championship they were the underdogs in every match they played but kept producing the goods when needed and have a few tasty players . They too like the Tyrone team have a lot of lads available next year, 13 of the starting 15 I believe. On paper Glen should be comfortable victors but you never know football is a funny old game at times!

Upyaboyya

Lads i think Ardboe will find it tough next round. Being honest they were lucky to get the win against the Cavan team who completed dominated the second half, especially around the middle of the field. Was a cracking game to watch though. Game could of went either way. Cavan team made a few changes that seemed to drive them on a bit. Full forward for Ardboe was top quality. Castlerahan/Lavey should be proud though!

Club Rossa

I don't see how Ardboe were lucky.
If anything it was the Cavan lads who had the luck,they had 1 sent off in normal time and another after the whistle.but there could have been at least another 2 lined in normal time.God knows how many yellow cards they picked up over the hour.There was little between the sides but I would like you to tell me what luck we got!
As for the semi final,I haven't saw Glen or Warrenpoint play but some of our boys were down at Glen's game last weekend and were very impressed with them.So I would agree with you that we will struggle but who knows,we might get lucky ;)

yellowcard

Glen will cakewalk the competition from here on in. Warrenpoint done well to get out of Down but would be nowhere near the level of Glen.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: yellowcard on December 06, 2012, 04:25:01 PM
Glen will cakewalk the competition from here on in. Warrenpoint done well to get out of Down but would be nowhere near the level of Glen.

Hmmm something tells me you are a Killeavy man or a WUM with all this praise of Glen... I've said before that there are plenty of good teams yet. Glen won't be looking any further than Warrenpoint!!